Aldeer.com

Climbers

Posted By: Jpipererp

Climbers - 08/14/14 02:15 PM

Wanting to get a climber for bow hunts. Got a ton of perfect trees for it but I've never done it. I'm 6',1" and 250. Looking at the lone wolf wide sit and climb. Any other opinions or suggestions are welcome. I'm a big fan of getting high up with lock ons and extra sticks so I'm not worried about getting on up there. Also looking at ol'man drone.
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: Climbers - 08/14/14 02:28 PM

i have a summit that has a front rail that lowers out of the way but i cant think of the name of it. anyhow, i like it. i`m 6` 220lbs and it fits me fine
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Climbers - 08/14/14 02:31 PM

I have one of the 17 pound summits. I love it.
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: Climbers - 08/14/14 02:33 PM

Tough to beat the summit... I have the API bow hunter as well.... If the API was as quiet as the summit I would prefer that one...
Posted By: G/H

Re: Climbers - 08/14/14 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: extreme heights hunter
i have a summit that has a front rail that lowers out of the way but i cant think of the name of it. anyhow, i like it. i`m 6` 220lbs and it fits me fine

Razor?
I have 2 vipers, and like them
Posted By: JA

Re: Climbers - 08/14/14 05:56 PM

Get a summit.

Re: Climbers - 08/14/14 06:40 PM

Which one?!?
Posted By: UARandy3

Re: Climbers - 08/14/14 06:48 PM

Interested as well. I have a tree lounge that I've had for years, but there's no way I'm toting that thing in and out of anywhere. On one of my leases, there are stands almost everywhere I hunt since my dad and I have hunted it for almost 25 years now. I am in a new lease this year though, so I'll be more mobile I think while I learn the land and deer.
I've seen a lot about the summit stands but not sure which one would be ideal for bowhunting from.
Posted By: billrv

Re: Climbers - 08/14/14 07:33 PM

TREEWALKER Thank me later!!!
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Climbers - 08/14/14 08:29 PM

I like hunting out of Ol' Man climbers and ladders. I bought a couple Lone Wolf lock ons last year. I like them as well.
Posted By: Sulli

Re: Climbers - 08/14/14 08:50 PM

Summit
Posted By: TChunter

Re: Climbers - 08/14/14 09:22 PM

If you get a summit get the Goliath. I'm not a big guy and I wish I had it. I don't know how josh hunts out of a regular viper. I feel cramped. Especially with heavy clothes on.
Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Re: Climbers - 08/14/14 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: TChunter
If you get a summit get the Goliath. I'm not a big guy and I wish I had it. I don't know how josh hunts out of a regular viper. I feel cramped. Especially with heavy clothes on.

I agree with this for rifle hunting. The Goliath is a must. The viper for me doesn't give quite enough room for turning around and with cold weather clothes it's a tight fit. As for bow hunting I like my razor because often I have to shoot sitting down and the front rail on the viper and Goliath doesn't allow that.
Posted By: Standbanger

Re: Climbers - 08/15/14 05:29 AM

I like both the Lonewolf and Summit. LW is quieter the Summit is faster
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Climbers - 08/15/14 07:23 AM

Summit Goliath or viper. You can also get a hazmore seat and make it an even better bowhunting stand.
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: Climbers - 08/15/14 08:16 AM

Summit Viper Classic, I love mine

I added the footrest and pouches from Summit plus a MOLLE I found on eBay

Posted By: BOB

Re: Climbers - 08/15/14 08:26 AM

Originally Posted By: extreme heights hunter

Razor. I Am 6'3" 290#, love mine plenty of room. Be sure to put a foot rest on it.
Posted By: Goose11

Re: Climbers - 08/15/14 08:27 AM

Can't beat a summit, I have six of them now. I have three Regular vipers, 2 Goliaths, and 1 Titan. I'm 6'0 200 and I still prefer the regular size viper.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Climbers - 08/15/14 08:30 AM

For packing in and out, Lone Wolf Sit & Climb.
Posted By: TChunter

Re: Climbers - 08/15/14 10:17 AM

Shaw that LW looks sweet, where does that sitting bar go while hunting? Does it hit your knees? I like those stabilizing straps too.

Re: Climbers - 08/15/14 10:55 AM

Folds under the seat. Mine is an older version. I've replaced the seat with a net and I took my bar off. I use it like a hand climber.

Re: Climbers - 08/15/14 11:13 AM

Shaw. Where's the best place to find a lone wolf. No dealers in birmingham that I know of
Posted By: Grasshopper

Re: Climbers - 08/15/14 11:13 AM

Comfort is important to but I want lite to .. I used a summit open shot a year it was lite but the thing was very un comfortable ! Now have viper ..
What about .. Timber tall stands has anyone used them?

http://www.timbertalloutfitters.com/store/proddetail.asp?prod=BruteLite

Re: Climbers - 08/15/14 11:29 AM

I got mine at a Gander Mountain in Paducha, Kentucky back in 2006. Woods and Water here in T-Town run them on sale last year for a helluva good price, but it was after hunting season. The best thing to do is order it off line.
Posted By: NortonZ7

Re: Climbers - 08/15/14 12:25 PM

I love my summits. I have 3. I have a viper sd, viper classic and a broadhead. Love all of them.
Posted By: joshm28

Re: Climbers - 08/16/14 01:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Shaw
Folds under the seat. Mine is an older version. I've replaced the seat with a net and I took my bar off. I use it like a hand climber.

That's funny. I replaced the net seat on my old man with the lone wolf seat. It's much more comfortable since the good lord didn't bless me with any butt padding.
Posted By: Climber

Re: Climbers - 08/16/14 07:59 PM

Before you buy check out a treewalker.
Posted By: DaBreeze

Re: Climbers - 08/17/14 12:33 AM

Treewalker. Nothing else !
Posted By: Hoss606

Re: Climbers - 08/17/14 07:21 AM

Summit razor 5'8 260# and gets a little snug later in the season with all my layers on. I still use it though, it is really comfortable and packs well
Posted By: striker6126

Re: Climbers - 08/17/14 10:30 AM

I really like the ol man drone , but I sell more ol man alumalite's than anything else.
Posted By: bamacamp

Re: Climbers - 08/17/14 09:19 PM

I have a timber tall. Baby lite model. Love the portability of it (weighs a little over 14 lbs) and sits great. Only two cons are the seat it comes with and the straps to ratchet it together. I replaced both with summit products (seat and ratchet straps) and I can carry that joker for days and still sit in comfort.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Climbers - 08/17/14 09:29 PM

Rocket

2 questions

Does the ladder tip over when you sit down and do you stick out real bad out in a picked corn field laugh

Treewalker for me too
Posted By: clarkdeer

Re: Climbers - 08/17/14 09:33 PM

I would love to try a Treewalker with the removable front bar. Summits are hard to beat for comfort. But I like my Lonewolf sit and climb for bow hunting.
Posted By: forten

Re: Climbers - 08/17/14 09:45 PM

Summit. I have 3 and love them
Posted By: Colt1917

Re: Climbers - 08/18/14 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: billrv
TREEWALKER Thank me later!!!

x2
Posted By: caveman

Re: Climbers - 09/11/14 04:00 PM

are the foot rests on the Summits worth installing or do they just get in the way and add extra weight?
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: Climbers - 09/11/14 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: caveman
are the foot rests on the Summits worth installing or do they just get in the way and add extra weight?

Absolutely worth it. They hardly weigh much compared to the climber anyway
Posted By: bshunt

Re: Climbers - 09/11/14 04:20 PM

Treewalker or Summit.I prefer Treewalker !!
Posted By: LUMPY

Re: Climbers - 09/11/14 04:30 PM

Summit Titan...Love mine!

Also bought a LW Sit-n-Climb this summer to give a shot this fall...
Posted By: JA

Re: Climbers - 09/11/14 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: caveman

Yes. In fact I went back and added it to one of my older Summits. I like it because it compensates for times when you aren't exactly level on the tree.
Posted By: Oscarflytyer

Re: Climbers - 09/11/14 06:38 PM

Used to use an API bowhunter. Now have a Summit and love it.
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Climbers - 09/11/14 06:46 PM

I hunt out of an API Grand Slam Shooting Star. Mine has a bar where your knees are when you sit in it. (You sit on that bar facing the tree when climbing) That bar folds down out of the way, but I actually keep it locked in position... When I am drawing my bow, I walk out to the edge of the stand and sort of lock my knees under that bar. It makes me feel safer, sturdier. I hate bow hunting from a loc on for that reason.
Posted By: UARandy3

Re: Climbers - 09/11/14 06:59 PM

I'm going to buy a Summit Viper SD Crush version from Bass Pro tonight actually. After a bunch of reading, it seems like a great stand, especially being on sale right now
© 2024 ALDEER.COM