Aldeer.com

how many people........

Posted By: quailhnter

how many people........ - 12/13/13 12:31 AM

have converted to a single pin sight? Just wondering you guys opinions on pros and cons of single pins versus a multi pin type sight. I have always shot a multi pin sight when hunting. I shot a single pin today and it seemed great. Anyone had a single pin not getting adjusted fast enough cost them a deer?
Posted By: El_Matador

Re: how many people........ - 12/13/13 12:38 AM

I've never shot one, so I'm curious too. I'm not 100% sure how to use one. How do you adjust it?
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: how many people........ - 12/13/13 12:47 AM

I switched to a single pin years ago and never looked back. Bows today shoot plenty quick enough for a set single pin to be highly effective. I have mine set dead on at roughly 25 yards. Around 10 to 15 yards its around 4 to 6 inches high and at 40 about 6 low. Of course i shoot my equipment pretty regularly before i hunt so i become very familiar with my set up. I dont even use a range finder and know what 40 yards is and dont like long shots so i normally dont shoot beyond. That way i dont make any adjustments. Kinda like range guestimation on deer. The more you familiarize yourself with your equipment and the more you shoot the easier it is to spot guess the yardage and put the arrow where you want it. Believe it or not i've gotten pretty good on picking out trees and telling you how far they are plus/ minus a couple yards. The pro's for me are see deer shoot deer. Not a whole lot of guesswork. The only con i can think of would be if you liked to adjust it and not use my type of method. It takes a little time to range and adjust but we are talking 10 seconds
Posted By: JA

Re: how many people........ - 12/13/13 09:26 AM

I shoot a single pin and have it zeroed in at about 23 yards.

I hold spot on to about 30 yards. Beyond that I put the pin on top of their back and the arrow drops right in to the kill zone.

I also don't take shots much more than about 35 yards.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: how many people........ - 12/13/13 09:50 AM

I went to a single pin slider type sight a few years ago. It works great and my old eyes can see that pin better.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: how many people........ - 12/13/13 09:56 AM

I have shot multi pin sights for years, recently switched to a HHA DS-XL 5519, it's great it is a single pin adjustable sight and very bright. It is a lot less clutter for me and really helps to tighten up groups while practicing, it can be adjusted from 20-80yds. Practicing at longer ranges makes the under 30yd shots seem like chip shots.
Posted By: Talltines

Re: how many people........ - 12/13/13 10:07 AM

I shoot single pin (cross hair). Sighted dead on at 25 so at 40 yards hold at the top of the shoulder and it hits dead on even if the deer drops a little. At 10-15 yards i aim right at the heart and it useally double lungs them. It is adjustable and sighted out to 70 for practice.
Posted By: T-town

Re: how many people........ - 12/13/13 10:30 AM

I shoot a single fixed pin. Once he's in range, just put it on his heart and shoot him.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: how many people........ - 12/13/13 12:13 PM

I have one of both and like them both. In fast situations like out west stalking, I like the multi pin sight better. I have started using it more in the southern deer woods the last two years.

I go back and forth...
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: how many people........ - 12/13/13 04:43 PM

I'm never gonna shoot a single pin. I like a 3 or 4 pin max. I don't want to have to worry about moving my sight when an animal is moving to a different range or holding over/under a target.
Posted By: bowhunter86

Re: how many people........ - 12/13/13 07:01 PM

I have 3 pins... Set for 20, 30 and 40. It's hard to get a clear shot beyond that in the woods.
Posted By: Sharpshooter69

Re: how many people........ - 12/13/13 07:57 PM

I've been shooting the HHA sights for years. You won't find a better one pin sight. IMO.
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: how many people........ - 12/13/13 09:05 PM

I have never shot anything but a single pin.

Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: how many people........ - 12/13/13 09:38 PM

I love a single pin now that I shoot one, I won't go back
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: how many people........ - 12/13/13 09:46 PM

I've had a few single pin sights. I sold em and went to a four pin sight. If you got a deer that comes in on you quick you sometimes don't have time to adjust if its out there at a distance.
Posted By: LUMPY

Re: how many people........ - 12/13/13 10:06 PM

HHA here...shot a single pin (no slider) for several years before going to my first slider style....HHA is my favorite
Posted By: SMB44

Re: how many people........ - 12/14/13 01:20 AM

I have the G5 XR2 one fixed one slider and i love it
© 2024 ALDEER.COM