Aldeer.com

one pin, glasses and peep

Posted By: alhawk

one pin, glasses and peep - 12/11/13 09:04 PM

The eyes are getting worse and worse by the month. I have been contemplating going to a single pin (.019). Looked through a PSE slider this afternoon and it was very blurry and almost duplicated without readers. I had issues looking through my peep and multi pin earlier in the year. Do any of you have to shoot with glasses? Will changing to a
1/4 inch peep help?
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: one pin, glasses and peep - 12/11/13 09:12 PM

I shoot a 1/4" peep and can shoot with my glasses or contacts. If you are going to a larger peep you might need to get a larger sized scope or sight housing. Every body will be different because your eye might be a different distance from your peep, but for me with a 1/4" peep and HHA optimizer DS-XL5519 1 pin 2"sight worked out perfect.
Posted By: buckbrush

Re: one pin, glasses and peep - 12/11/13 09:14 PM

Sounds like your ready for some laser surgery.
Posted By: alhawk

Re: one pin, glasses and peep - 12/11/13 09:41 PM

Went from 20/10 to needing 1.50 readers in right and 2.75 in left within a few months after turning 40. Just glad I am not as ugly as TCHunter.
Posted By: Sharpshooter69

Re: one pin, glasses and peep - 12/11/13 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Bustinbeards
I shoot a 1/4" peep and can shoot with my glasses or contacts. If you are going to a larger peep you might need to get a larger sized scope or sight housing. Every body will be different because your eye might be a different distance from your peep, but for me with a 1/4" peep and HHA optimizer DS-XL5519 1 pin 2"sight worked out perfect.

My exact setup on all four of my bows. Can't go wrong with HHA.
Yes, I have to shoot wearing my glasses.
Posted By: sluggun

Re: one pin, glasses and peep - 12/11/13 10:22 PM

I was having the same problem with seeing my pins so I changed to a specialty archery verifier peep. They are a little expensive but it improved my shooting a lot. I went with the large housing so I could use a 1/4" verifier for hunting and a 1/8" for tournaments. They come in several different strengths so you will need to go to a dealer to get the right strenght for you.
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: one pin, glasses and peep - 12/13/13 05:55 PM

I prefer 1 pin.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM