Anybody else miss today? - 10/16/10 03:00 AM

thumbsdown

Dang nanny did the duck turn on me.
Posted By: chevyman

Re: Anybody else miss today? - 10/16/10 11:28 AM

:p
Posted By: Tree Hanger

Re: Anybody else miss today? - 10/16/10 11:33 AM

Could be worse. I stuck the 8th nanny I saw yesterday morning. Picture perfect broadside 20 yard shot. Easy money right thru the boiler room. Bled like pouring it out of a bucket for bout four hundred yards and just quit. Made me sick. frown
Posted By: jpfishmaster

Re: Anybody else miss today? - 10/16/10 12:13 PM

yup, I missed today; missed huntin cause I have to work all weekend laugh
Posted By: danangel

Re: Anybody else miss today? - 10/16/10 12:54 PM

Get back out there and do it again man! It happens to all of us. Sucks, but it happens.
Posted By: bama_bow_man

Re: Anybody else miss today? - 10/16/10 04:26 PM

I missed a doe opening morning, my arrow hit a dang ol tree limb that I didnt see.
Posted By: 280Rem.

Re: Anybody else miss today? - 10/18/10 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tree Hanger:
Could be worse. I stuck the 8th nanny I saw yesterday morning. Picture perfect broadside 20 yard shot. Easy money right thru the boiler room. Bled like pouring it out of a bucket for bout four hundred yards and just quit. Made me sick. frown
Had the same thing happen to me yesterday. frown
Posted By: stkshtr

Re: Anybody else miss today? - 10/18/10 01:59 PM

Shot one quartering away but hit the back hip and passed thru but not a fatal hit. She just walked off like nothing happened.
Posted By: mcfack

Re: Anybody else miss today? - 10/18/10 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by stkshtr:
Shot one quartering away but hit the back hip and passed thru but not a fatal hit. She just walked off like nothing happened.
Ouch. That is one tough nanny.
Posted By: spike1980

Re: Anybody else miss today? - 10/18/10 08:47 PM

shot under a doe about 7:00 Friday morning.
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Anybody else miss today? - 10/18/10 11:46 PM

I shot at a doe Friday morning that was 25 yds away and broadside when I drew, then she took a step and was quartering away before I could shoot. I thought I could make the shot anyway, so I let it fly. Pulled it to the right and hit her high in the ham and broke her down. She crawled a few yards on her front legs and was dead in 30 seconds. Better to be lucky than good.

A 3 blade 100 grain Muzzy is bad news. I pulled the arrow out and replaced the blades and hunted with it the rest of the trip.
Posted By: demp17

Re: Anybody else miss today? - 10/19/10 06:28 PM

Missed a huge 10 point I been hunting for 2 years twice. 5 minutes later I missed a giant chocolate horned 8 point. I badly misjudged the yardage....bought some range finders Monday morning....
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Anybody else miss today? - 10/19/10 06:32 PM

First thing Friday morning at 7:20 I blew it on a perfect broadside shot at 13 yards. Yep, 13 yards! Fine buck. I hit him low and a little far back. Gave him 6 hours and went to look. He never even bedded down, and stopped bleeding after a couple hundred yards. I think he'll be fine. Gotta keep trying. It'll happen to all of us at some point.
Posted By: fireman176

Re: Anybody else miss today? - 10/20/10 12:56 AM

Shot a big nanny Sat afternoon, waited till almost dark and blood trail led me to creek, then dark forced me out of these unfamiliar woods, found her next morning but overnight temps were high 40's, went in below spine and back a little and came out thru gut. I decided not to harvest.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM