Aldeer.com

TVA LAND

Posted By: jabuck63

TVA LAND - 07/09/10 08:19 PM

A friend of mine was asking me about some TVAand that is open to bow hunting only. I hunt in a club in madison county so i won't be hunting it, but he was interested.Has anyone hunted it? and how was it?
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: TVA LAND - 07/10/10 12:03 AM

Son in Law has property that borders TVA land in Colbert County. I hunt both his property and the TVA land and we are not required to have a permit or any special licenses. The TVA land is marked really well and anyone can hunt it. I do get visitors from the TVA land, but not many because access to this property is by water. I would love to have a map showing all of the TVA land that is available to hunting by county. If anyone has a lead on this, lemme' know.
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: TVA LAND - 07/10/10 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Teacher One:
Son in Law has property that borders TVA land in Colbert County. I hunt both his property and the TVA land and we are not required to have a permit or any special licenses. The TVA land is marked really well and anyone can hunt it. I do get visitors from the TVA land, but not many because access to this property is by water. I would love to have a map showing all of the TVA land that is available to hunting by county. If anyone has a lead on this, lemme' know.
Look them up and call the office in the shoals. They will send you maps by mail that show it all. I did the same thing a couple years back and they hooked me up free of charge.
Posted By: Teacher One

Re: TVA LAND - 07/10/10 12:24 AM

Do you remember the name of the agency you looked up or how it was listed with TVA? Trying to narrow the choices down from the phone book listings. Thanks.
Posted By: Jack Fate

Re: TVA LAND - 07/10/10 11:44 AM

Quote:
Where is the TVA land in Colbert County that you can hunt?

Re: TVA LAND - 07/10/10 11:45 AM

Quote:
Do you remember the name of the agency you looked up or how it was listed with TVA? Trying to narrow the choices down from the phone book listings. Thanks.
Check with AlabamaSwamper on here.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: TVA LAND - 07/10/10 01:23 PM

TVA Land Management......Google it.

The TVA Map Store has maps that show boundaries of TVA controlled/TVA owned land.......Google it.

TVA land immediately surrounding the dams used to require a permit but I don't know if it still does.
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: TVA LAND - 07/10/10 02:56 PM

There is a ton of TVA land in North AL, lots of it requires a boat to get to and is farily narrow along the river banks, but is huntable.

Re: TVA LAND - 07/10/10 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wiley Coyote:
TVA Land Management......Google it.

The TVA Map Store has maps that show boundaries of TVA controlled/TVA owned land.......Google it.

TVA land immediately surrounding the dams used to require a permit but I don't know if it still does.
Well I know you can't hunt any of the areas around Wilson Dam
Posted By: jabuck63

Re: TVA LAND - 07/12/10 01:11 PM

I was told by a guy at Vanns sporting goods in Cullman, that there is land close to Scottsboro as well that is owned by the TVA that has lillte to no pressure, and a good deer population. I have the map but it is kind of tough to figure out. He said that it is tough to find a place to park your vehilce in that area though. I am lloking for some one who has hunted the land close to Union grove, and let me know how it went.
Posted By: AlabamaSwamper

Re: TVA LAND - 07/12/10 07:53 PM

Here's a good piece of advice:

Whenever you find a place you think you want to hunt on the map, go to the nearest TVA police office and show it to them and make sure it is open to hunting. The maps are very confusing and some places that appear to be open aren't.

There is an office on the south side of Guntersville Dam that usually has an officer there during the day. There is an office in Muscle Shoals at the Reservation (I think) and an office at Picwick Lock in Counce, TN. Those are the three closest to Alabama.
Posted By: cartervj

Re: TVA LAND - 07/12/10 08:53 PM

I hunt some of the TVA lands in Colbert, like Swamper said some are huntable some are not, i have maps of certain areas, another thing I've noticed is that TVA is planting pines on some of it's lands.
Posted By: Reyn

Re: TVA LAND - 07/12/10 09:24 PM

I've killed a couple off TVA land. The maps i got did not show all of their land. 4 wheelers aren't allowed but it doesn't stop some.

It is not bowhunt only but some can be in the city limits which might have ordinances so check and make sure. Mine were killed with a rifle.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM