Aldeer.com

Got one in GA this evening

Posted By: bowtarist

Got one in GA this evening - 09/29/12 04:12 AM

Went with a buddy after work 2nd time this year. Had 3 does come up all the same size, prolly 50lbs. Sent one to the promise land. I plan to fry some up in the morning for breakfast.

I was wondering about something that happens to me that I was gonna see if happened to any of you guys. When I first seen these deer I was tore up, I've killed my fair share but these being the first of the year had my adrenaline going. I got such an adrenaline rush my back started hurting. I thought I was gonna have to sit down. I have a weird form of scoliosis and it hurt right where that problem is. This isn't the first time its happened either.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Got one in GA this evening - 09/29/12 08:55 AM

Congrats on that first blood of the year. I have killed a bunch of deer with a rifle but only a handful or two with a bow. It doesn't matter what sex the deer is, or how close, or what time of day, or the moon phase I still get ALL KINDS of torn up when before, during and after the shot.
Posted By: SMB44

Re: Got one in GA this evening - 09/29/12 08:59 AM

Originally Posted By: FurFlyin
Congrats on that first blood of the year. I have killed a bunch of deer with a rifle but only a handful or two with a bow. It doesn't matter what sex the deer is, or how close, or what time of day, or the moon phase I still get ALL KINDS of torn up when before, during and after the shot.

^^^ That x 2
Posted By: NortonZ7

Re: Got one in GA this evening - 09/29/12 12:30 PM

Shoot yeah! I've killed a bunch with a bow, but it don't matter if it's a 150 or a yearling. I get tore slam up. If I ever stop gettin that way I guess it'll be time to hang it up. That's what I love about it!
Posted By: swamp_fever2002

Re: Got one in GA this evening - 09/29/12 04:51 PM

Congrats!!
Posted By: imadeerhntr

Re: Got one in GA this evening - 09/29/12 11:53 PM

Congrats thumbup
Posted By: bill

Re: Got one in GA this evening - 09/30/12 12:17 AM

Congratulations!

I don't know what it is for other people but my heart rate and adrenaline get pumping overtime and I'm convinced it's because I know I'm about to take a life. That is a serious thing and I hope it always will be, for me.

If I'm hunting strictly for horns then I can watch those does and small bucks all day. It only happens when I know I'm going to kill.
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: Got one in GA this evening - 09/30/12 03:15 AM

Thats the same thing with me bill. Its the 2nd greatest feeling in the world, right behind my boys births.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Got one in GA this evening - 09/30/12 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: bill
Congratulations!

I don't know what it is for other people but my heart rate and adrenaline get pumping overtime and I'm convinced it's because I know I'm about to take a life. That is a serious thing and I hope it always will be, for me.

If I'm hunting strictly for horns then I can watch those does and small bucks all day. It only happens when I know I'm going to kill.

X2
Posted By: Stob

Re: Got one in GA this evening - 09/30/12 08:35 PM

For me it comes and goes. Biggest buck I ever killed I was cool as a cucumber. Years later I remember my knees visibly shaking as a doe eased into bow range.I thought I was going to pass out. Go figure.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Got one in GA this evening - 09/30/12 10:13 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: BPS

Re: Got one in GA this evening - 10/01/12 12:00 AM

I'm with you, ive sent many to the freezers with a gun but only a dozen with a bow. Should have been double that but I used to get so tore up I would shoot at them without aiming and miss. Ive killed the last 5 ive shot at with a bow but definatly get a lot more fever with a stick and string than with a rifle. 2nd would be when my son is preparing to shoot. I think I get more nervous than he does.
Posted By: 280Rem.

Re: Got one in GA this evening - 10/01/12 04:10 PM

Congrats
Posted By: G/H

Re: Got one in GA this evening - 10/02/12 12:14 AM

Congrats. Same here on being tore up
Posted By: kkeith1957

Re: Got one in GA this evening - 10/03/12 12:03 AM

Congrats
Posted By: jellyhead11

Re: Got one in GA this evening - 10/03/12 05:05 AM

Congrats!