Aldeer.com

Bow recommendation for the wife

Posted By: longshot

Bow recommendation for the wife - 08/30/09 02:31 AM

The wife wants to give Archery a shot. I measured her draw length to be around 27" (68"/2.5 = 27.2) I would like to find something that is adjustable from 26"-28" just to make sure. Also looking for something adjustable from ~30-45lbs.
So what would you guys recommend for a beginner on a budget.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Bow recommendation for the wife - 08/30/09 02:06 PM

LS,

Browning makes a line of youth/female bows that have alots of adjustability in poundage and draw length. If she doesn't take to it, it will resale for many other archers sizes.
Posted By: yelpz2006

Re: Bow recommendation for the wife - 08/30/09 02:29 PM

My wife shoots a Diamond Razor Edge by bowtech she loves it and it shoots great here is some info on it.
Brace Height: 7"
Axle to Axle: 31"
Draw Length: 19" - 29"
Draw Weights: 20-29, 30-60
IBO Speed: 308 FPS @ 29"
Kinetic Energy: 73.7 FPE @ 29"
Adjustable Let-off: 75%
Posted By: Ringo

Re: Bow recommendation for the wife - 08/30/09 07:08 PM

I got a bow for my wife.....best trade I ever made. laugh

(Just kidding. I love my wife.)
Posted By: Alpine_Bow_Huntr

Re: Bow recommendation for the wife - 08/30/09 07:16 PM

Alpine Archery also have alot of choices for youth and female. They are usually priced a litle cheaper than most makes and they have the same top of the line quality as the big names....
Posted By: centralala

Re: Bow recommendation for the wife - 08/30/09 11:34 PM

Longshot, not trying to be rude or a smarta$$ but one thing to consider with women shooters is breast size. I have seen larger breast give them problems with the release. Once again, not trying to be smart, just an observation from years past.
Posted By: longshot

Re: Bow recommendation for the wife - 08/31/09 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by centralala:
Longshot, not trying to be rude or a smarta$$ but one thing to consider with women shooters is breast size. I have seen larger breast give them problems with the release. Once again, not trying to be smart, just an observation from years past.
Yeah I have already taken that into consideration. and WE have come to the conclusion that it aint gonna be an issue frown
Posted By: rblaker

Re: Bow recommendation for the wife - 08/31/09 04:02 PM

I just bought my girlfriend a mission menace for her birthday. It's a good bow for the money. It has an adjustable draw length from 17"-30" and goes up to 52lbs. theres the link

http://missionarchery.com/menace-bow.asp
Posted By: PSE4RUT

Re: Bow recommendation for the wife - 09/02/09 01:19 AM

If you want a good bow for the money, PSE has some great bows for women/kids. Bought my wife one a few years ago. She had never bow hunted before, after shooting that summer I filmed her on he first bow hunt ever. She shot a 110lb. doe at 12 yds.
Posted By: BC

Re: Bow recommendation for the wife - 09/04/09 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by centralala:
If that's the case just get whatever this girl is shooting.

Posted By: Shed Master

Re: Bow recommendation for the wife - 09/04/09 01:49 PM

That picture always makes me want to go out and practice or something.
Posted By: Alpine_Bow_Huntr

Re: Bow recommendation for the wife - 09/04/09 04:57 PM

laugh
recken how much this set up will cost you?????
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Bow recommendation for the wife - 09/14/09 08:49 PM

check out the mathews mission. great set up at an awesome price. i just bought my wife one and she loves it. lots og adj in draw lenght and poundage. simple adj can be made without a bow press as well.
Posted By: Tin-Bender

Re: Bow recommendation for the wife - 09/15/09 10:29 PM

Half of everything you own!
Posted By: cbg042208

Re: Bow recommendation for the wife - 09/17/09 01:11 AM

eek
© 2024 ALDEER.COM