Aldeer.com

Pretty quiet around here

Posted By: fillmore

Pretty quiet around here - 10/11/23 07:56 PM

especially considering what happens the day after the day after tomorrow.

Weather looking fair with a NNW wind. Figured there’d be a little more chatter so soon before season
Posted By: alhawk

Re: Pretty quiet around here - 10/11/23 08:07 PM

Missed last year with an elbow issue. Work has kept me from practicing the way I should, so will be the first week of November before I can start. Nannies beware.
Posted By: quailman

Re: Pretty quiet around here - 10/11/23 09:04 PM

I'll be out there Saturday morning. They've been saying NW wind, but today it went to West. It'll probably change again before then.
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: Pretty quiet around here - 10/11/23 09:27 PM

Bow is in the garage and I didnt even join my club again this year. I've kinda lost the fire over the last few years..
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Pretty quiet around here - 10/11/23 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by gatorbait154
Bow is in the garage and I didnt even join my club again this year. I've kinda lost the fire over the last few years..

This is the first year I’ve felt like you. It’s kind of sad to be honest. I think I’ve fired 9 practice shots.

Got a pile of deer on cam, just no real fire to get after them. I’ll likely sleep in opening morning. Might try to make a sit that afternoon if wind stays consistent out of NW
Posted By: 7x57_Mauser

Re: Pretty quiet around here - 10/11/23 10:06 PM

I went out today to fish and scout. Someone has been putting in work and had a nice ground blind brushed in and a trail camera. I backed out. Hopefully they shwack one on Saturday.

I went up to zone D on Monday and had the first sit of the year. Mast crop was looking good, lots of akerns dropping. Didn't see anything but some housecat sized fox squirrels though.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: EmeraldTides

Re: Pretty quiet around here - 10/12/23 02:34 PM

I'm heading out opening morning. Got an ancient old 8 pointer that's been showing up pretty consistently. Not a big rack but I'd like to stick an arrow in em
Posted By: bama_earl

Re: Pretty quiet around here - 10/12/23 07:53 PM

Weather looks to be high 70s in central alabama so looking like I am going fishing on Saturday and hunt on Sunday
Posted By: fillmore

Re: Pretty quiet around here - 10/12/23 08:09 PM

Yeah Saturday isn’t looking as cool as they were saying early in the week (figures).
Posted By: bama_earl

Re: Pretty quiet around here - 10/12/23 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by fillmore
Yeah Saturday isn’t looking as cool as they were saying early in the week (figures).

Yep, I was all pumped for cool weather and now it looks like I am going fishing
Posted By: MC21

Re: Pretty quiet around here - 10/13/23 03:59 AM

It is kind of disappointing no one is talking more than they are. Also a lack of LFTT threads considering season is open in a few zones
Posted By: 7x57_Mauser

Re: Pretty quiet around here - 10/13/23 02:24 PM

Ive been out three times, I just don't start threads usually.
Posted By: booner

Re: Pretty quiet around here - 10/13/23 04:26 PM

I am still licking my wounds from the Illinois opener last week. Not hunting my place here until the 28th so not much to write home about.
Posted By: G/H

Re: Pretty quiet around here - 10/14/23 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by 3FFarms
Originally Posted by gatorbait154

This is the first year I’ve felt like you. It’s kind of sad to be honest. I think I’ve fired 9 practice shots.

Got a pile of deer on cam, just no real fire to get after them. I’ll likely sleep in opening morning. Might try to make a sit that afternoon if wind stays consistent out of NW

Same here, I can hunt at the house but since I bought a boat this year I’ll probably be fishing in the morning
© 2024 ALDEER.COM