Aldeer.com

The Vegas Shoot

Posted By: sluggun

The Vegas Shoot - 01/26/23 02:26 PM

Y'all wish me luck. I leave out Monday morning headed to Las Vegas for the Vegas shoot. I've been working hard the past few months trying to get ready and I'm still probably not good as I need to be. This will be my 1st time so I'm just going to try to have fun and not put to much pressure on myself about winning. As of today 3758 people are signed up to compete. I've never been to a competition with that many people. Good luck to anyone else who might be going.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 01/26/23 05:24 PM

Thats awesome sluggun....Judging by those pics I'd say your ready.... grin Good Luck buddy and bring it back to Bama with you.... beers

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 01/26/23 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by DeerNutz0U812_
Thats awesome sluggun....Judging by those pics I'd say your ready.... grin Good Luck buddy and bring it back to Bama with you.... beers

Thanks. It's a lot easier to do in the back yard than it is in front of a crowd with thousands of dollars on the line.
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 01/26/23 05:34 PM

Just picture the crowd in their underwear...lol..I hear that supposed to work.... laugh
Posted By: Ar1220

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 01/26/23 06:12 PM

Good luck Scott. You orta go to Vegas via lancaster

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 01/26/23 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ar1220
Good luck Scott. You orta go to Vegas via lancaster

I wish that I could go to both but I don't have enough vacation time or money for that. I've been to Lancaster so this year I decided to go to Vegas.
Posted By: Jus_me

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 01/26/23 06:50 PM

Aim small. Good luck sluggun, you look ready judging by those targets.
Posted By: Jdkprp70

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 01/26/23 07:04 PM

Good luck sluggun!!!
Posted By: mathews prostaff

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 01/28/23 09:17 PM

shoot straight buddy
Posted By: imadeerhntr

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 01/29/23 01:13 AM

Good luck
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 01/29/23 02:08 AM

Good luck
Posted By: mzzy

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 01/29/23 02:36 AM

Good luck 👍

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 01/31/23 04:23 AM

Made it all the way to Dallas, Texas today just to get caught in the great 2023 Texas ice storm. We sat on the interstate for 3 hours because the 18 wheelers couldn't go uphill. We finally got moving and now we're stopping for the night in Decatur, Texas. Hopefully we'll be able to get going in the morning and get out of all this ice. I wish we would have came in my truck instead of my wife's 2 wheel drive explorer.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 01/31/23 04:50 AM

You got this, be careful man!
Posted By: jb20

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 01/31/23 01:47 PM

Good luck sluggun,, I can't believe u didn't take the available 4x4 tho lol
Posted By: BCLC

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 01/31/23 02:47 PM

Yuck. Y’all be safe and good luck in Vegas

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 01/31/23 07:21 PM

You do know they got them airplanes that will all the plum there?

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 02/01/23 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by jb20
Good luck sluggun,, I can't believe u didn't take the available 4x4 tho lol

The explorer is better on gas but I'll burn the extra gas next time.

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 02/01/23 02:55 AM

How you doing shooting wise? Did yall make it there ok? All safe? Shooting good?

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 02/01/23 02:58 AM

Today started off slow with ice everywhere. We got out of the ice somewhere east of Amarillo just to get into sleet and snow just west of Amarillo which turned into really foggy almost white out conditions well over into New Mexico. I had hoped to make it to Flagstaff, Arizona today but with our slow progress this morning we wound up in Gallup, New Mexico. Its much better weather over here. We've got a 6 1/2 hour drive tomorrow and we'll be there.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 02/01/23 03:54 AM

Awesome pics, hang in there and givem hell!
Posted By: MC21

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 02/01/23 03:58 AM

Where are you staying at in Vegas?

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 02/01/23 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by MC21

Southpoint hotel

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 02/01/23 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by sluggun

Southpoint hotel

Awesome. I went to Vegas last year. It is a fun place. It can be an expensive place, but it is fun. If you're looking for a place to eat at a reasonable price check out Bautistas Hole in the wall. It is an Italian place. You are going to pay about $35 a plate but you get soup or salad, bread sticks, your main course, and a desert cappuccino. You also get unlimited wine with your meal. I would also recommend Pizza Rock down town Las Vegas.

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 02/01/23 01:20 PM

Southpoint hotel

Awesome. I went to Vegas last year. It is a fun place. It can be an expensive place, but it is fun. If you're looking for a place to eat at a reasonable price check out Bautistas Hole in the wall. It is an Italian place. You are going to pay about $35 a plate but you get soup or salad, bread sticks, your main course, and a desert cappuccino. You also get unlimited wine with your meal. I would also recommend Pizza Rock down town Las Vegas.

Did you shoot the Vegas shoot or were you just vacationing?

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 02/01/23 03:24 PM

Southpoint hotel

Did you shoot the Vegas shoot or were you just vacationing?

I was just vacationing

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 02/03/23 06:09 PM

My 1st round didn't go as well as I had hoped. It is dark in here on the ranges and I'm having a hard time seeing through my peep sight. I changed to a larger aperture yesterday in hopes of seeing better. This helped with lighting but made my dot on my lens appear smaller. After 6 ends of shooting this morning and I had already shot four 9's so I figured, what the heĺl I may as well change back to the smaller aperture. I hit 10 x's on the last 4 ends so I'm going to just leave it like it is for the rest of the tournament. I finished the round with a 296 and 18 x's and I'm in 37th of 132 shooters. I shoot again tomorrow at 2:30 pm. Anyone who says that they are not nervous here for the 1st time is a liar. Here are a few pictures of us shooting.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
And this last picture pretty much sums up how my round was going.
[Linked Image]

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 02/03/23 06:23 PM

Dropping 4 ain't bad, bud keep pounding that x.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 02/04/23 01:57 AM

What kind of bow are you shooting?

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 02/04/23 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
What kind of bow are you shooting?

Mathews trx40

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 02/04/23 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Ar1220
Dropping 4 ain't bad, bud keep pounding that x.

I went to the lancaster trailer and picked up an 8x lens this afternoon and shot 7 ends of practice before I shot a 9. I'm going to try it tomorrow morning and see which lens works best, the 6x or the 8x. Gotta do something to try to keep it in the 10 ring.

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 02/04/23 03:44 AM

Hang in there sluggun, we're all in your corner. Show'em who's boss, Stand up!

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 02/04/23 02:03 PM

Just keep railing on it keep it in the middle.
Posted By: Ant67

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 02/05/23 05:21 PM

Good luck

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 02/06/23 01:09 AM

I had a terrible round yesterday and a little better round today. I finished 55th out of 132 shooters. I've got a lot to work on before I try to do this shoot again.

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 02/06/23 11:11 PM

You got a year to get ready
Posted By: GHTiger10

Re: The Vegas Shoot - 02/09/23 12:33 AM

Hope you had a great experience. My son and I have always wanted to shoot Vegas.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM