Aldeer.com

Ground Blind For Bow Hunting

Posted By: boondog1

Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/10/11 05:21 AM

My son has taken an interest in bow hunting this year. He has ask for a ground blind suitable for bow hunting for Christmas. Anyone have a recomendation.I am sure there are good ones and bad ones like with anything else.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/10/11 01:15 PM

Double Bull are the best, period. They are also the most expensive, not sure of current prices. I have two of them, one is three years old and the other is maybe six years old. Still using them.

troy
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/10/11 02:14 PM

I have a buddy that has one of these. He likes it and has killed several deer from it. Make sure you use fixed cut on contact broad heads when shooting thru the window fabric. This is especially important with lower poundage bows.
As usual Troy is right the DOUBLE BULLS are the Cadillacs of blinds.
click here
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/10/11 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: BhamFred
Double Bull are the best, period. They are also the most expensive, not sure of current prices. I have two of them, one is three years old and the other is maybe six years old. Still using them.

troy

X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: phantom

Re: Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/10/11 11:08 PM

Double bulls... whatever blind you use be sure to pile brush on it and around it.. It makes them more effective...
Posted By: Big Jack

Re: Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/10/11 11:40 PM

I have one of the original cheepo "round spring" "pop up" ones. It is probably close to 10 years old and was never water proof. I have it out in a pine thicket covered with a camoed tarp. If your planning on shooting a bow out of one you need to be practicing shooting while sitting. Shooting over a rail also helps in most cases where you will be shooting through a window with a bottom sill.

Re: Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/11/11 12:47 AM

you can get away with putting one up in the wide open for turkeys, but for deer they must be brushed in and hidden.
Posted By: Bowfool

Re: Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/12/11 08:47 AM

I have some older Double Bulls and some DB knockoffs. If you can't afford the original get another 5-hub blind like it and be sure to pay attention to size. You want enough room for you both and him to draw. Good luck!
Posted By: BREEZE1

Re: Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/12/11 07:35 PM

I have one of these http://www.basspro.com/Primos-Escape-Deluxe-Ground-Max-Blind/product/62728/135512
I dont have any complaints with it except when I sit in it I can never see a deer to shoot.
Posted By: rolltidehunter

Re: Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/14/11 12:22 AM

I killed a 15 inch wide 8 point out of a blind with my bow a few years ago and me loved it. go get it and lets the memories pile up.
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/14/11 03:37 PM

I think any of the hub style would be fine. I have a primos hub style, not double bull, and a sportsmans guide 5 hub. To me not a bit of difference between the two.

Re: Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/14/11 10:06 PM

you can get away with putting one up in the wide open for turkeys, but for deer they must be brushed in and hidden.

Gotta differ with you fred. I have killed several out of my pop up with no brush cover and while hunting turkeys from them in KY I have had deer dang near walk into them.
I set one up 20 yards from a feeder, in KY, and had as many as 8 deer on the feeder at one time. Some of the deer got as close as 5 or 6 yards. They see it and notice it but don't seem to be afraid of it.
Posted By: Slingshot

Re: Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/15/11 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: BREEZE1
I have one of these http://www.basspro.com/Primos-Escape-Deluxe-Ground-Max-Blind/product/62728/135512
I dont have any complaints with it except when I sit in it I can never see a deer to shoot.

X2. I have one of these and ABSOLUTLY love it. It is the best one I own. (for the $). Great price.

Re: Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/15/11 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Big Jack

Gotta differ with you fred. I have killed several out of my pop up with no brush cover and while hunting turkeys from them in KY I have had deer dang near walk into them.
I set one up 20 yards from a feeder, in KY, and had as many as 8 deer on the feeder at one time. Some of the deer got as close as 5 or 6 yards. They see it and notice it but don't seem to be afraid of it.

the corn blinds em.....
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/15/11 03:11 AM

Several years ago I had a spike stick his head in the window of my Doghouse blind.I had it set up in the edge of some planted pines. I was totally camo'd and he just looked around and left.

Re: Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/15/11 02:10 PM

the corn blinds em.....

You probaly right. laugh
Posted By: doekiller

Re: Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/15/11 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By: perchjerker
Several years ago I had a spike stick his head in the window of my Doghouse blind.I had it set up in the edge of some planted pines. I was totally camo'd and he just looked around and left.

I have a doe do the same thing to me a few years ago. She stuck her head in and looked around and then walked off and started eating again.
Posted By: doekiller

Re: Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/15/11 09:27 PM

the corn blinds em.....

You probaly right. laugh

It's those Kentucky deer. I was in a blind up there. I had about 20 deer in the field. They were not getting close enough, so, I got out of the blind, walked around the edge of the field and climbed a ladder stand near were they were all coming out. not a single deer left the field and after I got in the stand more came by right under me. They watched me, but, they didn't leave.

Re: Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/16/11 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: doekiller

the corn blinds em.....

You probaly right. laugh

It's those Kentucky deer. I was in a blind up there. I had about 20 deer in the field. They were not getting close enough, so, I got out of the blind, walked around the edge of the field and climbed a ladder stand near were they were all coming out. not a single deer left the field and after I got in the stand more came by right under me. They watched me, but, they didn't leave.

Yep! and the turkeys are almost as bad. They will sure build the confidence of caller.
Posted By: badees

Re: Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/16/11 03:03 PM

Redhead enigma from bass pro. Best I have seen for the cost
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: Ground Blind For Bow Hunting - 12/16/11 10:30 PM

I would agree with the Double Bull, BUT...I have had one now for 7 years and I cant even start to tell you how many times I have had to replace broken fiberglass rods. They always seem to break right at the hub and during set up. I know I have replaced all but 2 over the years, which means 18 of them have broken. The original excuse was they went to China and got a bad batch that had not cured properly. Then they blamed in on the design of the hub. Nothing is more frustrating than to be setting up your blind and rod snap on you. Why Primos cant find a material that is flexible and will not break or just totally redsign the dang hub is beyond me. I just orders 5 packs of 4 rods, totalling 20 so I should be coverd for the next few years.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM