Aldeer.com

Reuseable Broadheads/How to sharpen?

Posted By: Antlerfluke

Reuseable Broadheads/How to sharpen? - 11/04/19 03:57 PM

I need to lay the hammer to does and pigs with my bow. I ALWAYS want to have a sharp broadhead but I don't want to buy new blades or BH's every time I shoot. What broadhead and what sharpener can I buy??? I know all three-blade BH's will have the same angle in sharpening them (on a stone), but I can't find a stone on the Internet that would accommodate a three-blade BH. I've seen them before, though... I just can't find a stone for three-blade broadhead sharpening purposes.

Suggestions?

Thanks guys!!!
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Reuseable Broadheads/How to sharpen? - 11/04/19 04:05 PM

Slick Trick Magnums. Take the blades out and sharpen them on a Smith’s diamond stone. They resharpen easy.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Reuseable Broadheads/How to sharpen? - 11/04/19 04:10 PM

The G5 montec can be sharpened easily on a flat diamond stone.
Also the Magnus suffer.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Reuseable Broadheads/How to sharpen? - 11/04/19 05:22 PM

I use a sharpener I got off amazon! it cost like 10$!
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: Reuseable Broadheads/How to sharpen? - 11/04/19 05:30 PM

Buy some single bevels and sharpen away
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: Reuseable Broadheads/How to sharpen? - 11/04/19 05:39 PM

You can use a small flat file on any broadhead. Yesterday I resharpened a 2 blade rage that my oldest sent through a hogs guts. Fred Bear was of the opinion that the rough edge created by a file did more damage than a smooth, honed edge.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Reuseable Broadheads/How to sharpen? - 11/04/19 05:40 PM

It’s very easy to sharpen most fixed blade heads with a stone. I’ve got a G5 diamond stone that’ll put a razor edge on any blade out there.
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Reuseable Broadheads/How to sharpen? - 11/04/19 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Gobble4me757
I use a sharpener I got off amazon! it cost like 10$!

me to its a smiths broadhead sharpener and has a built in BH wrench
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Reuseable Broadheads/How to sharpen? - 11/04/19 07:09 PM

Replacement blades are so cheap, it ain't worth my time to fool with sharpening them.
Posted By: 1shot

Re: Reuseable Broadheads/How to sharpen? - 11/04/19 07:43 PM

I shoot g5 Montec’s and use a flat diamond stone. I bought about a dozen 10 years ago and still have 6-8. The others got trashed from bent blades, ain’t much you can do when you hit a rock.
Posted By: PoohBear

Re: Reuseable Broadheads/How to sharpen? - 11/04/19 09:35 PM

I too shoot G5 Montecs and do the same as mentioned above. Flat diamond stone, then hit with leather strop. I can shave the hair on my arm. Plus I love the "coolness factor" of a true one piece broad head 🙂. No moving parts equals accuracy.
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: Reuseable Broadheads/How to sharpen? - 11/04/19 10:16 PM

I use magnus snuffers easy to sharpen and free lifetime replacement unless they changed that
© 2024 ALDEER.COM