Aldeer.com

New x Bow ordered

Posted By: jdhunter2011

New x Bow ordered - 08/03/18 07:59 PM

Ordered a new Wicked Ridge Invader G4, partly thanks to the advice from this site. I cant wait to get it in, set up, sighted in, and my daughter shooting. Now for the next advice. For Broad heads whats the suggestion on crossbows? Brands, Grains, Expandable or fixed?????? I have always been a 3 blade Muzzy man myself
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: New x Bow ordered - 08/03/18 11:22 PM

I'd go fixed...
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: New x Bow ordered - 08/03/18 11:22 PM

There's some videos of Magnus heads shot from crossbows, looked good.
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: New x Bow ordered - 08/05/18 12:15 AM

I have the WR and use Whackem's they are very sharp and easily zeroed in.
Posted By: jdhunter2011

Re: New x Bow ordered - 08/09/18 07:24 PM

Well the final verdict is that I am very impressed with the set up. Assembly was easy and the out of the box accuracy they promote was very true. I went with 100gr. 2 blade Swacker expandable broadheads and they fly pretty true. Not exactly as well as field points but very close. Scope that came on it seems decent quality and has lines for 20,30,40,& 50 yrds.
I had about 15 min of daylight left yesterday when I got home. Field points were slightly to the right at 20 yrds so I adjusted the scope, tried the swacker practice tip and made a final adjustment. 3rd shot at 20 was bullseye. Backed up to 30 and touched the ring, backed up to 40 missed center by 1-1/4", backed up to 50 yrds and missed dead center about 3" low. Aimed 3" high at 50 and bullseye. I would not have believed I would be hitting at 50yrds with a bow out of the box within 10 min. I cant wait to get on a bench and fine tune this setup and see how far out I can hit. I think I just gained about 20yrds on how confident I am slinging an arrow(or bolt) down range at a deer. [u][/u]
© 2024 ALDEER.COM