Aldeer.com

Illinois day 1

Posted By: BruteX

Illinois day 1 - 11/06/17 06:14 AM

Got here yesterday afternoon early so we decided to hunt. I was hunting a natural pinch point between a ridge and creek. I got settled into the stand and all my gear ready and sat down. After taking a couple of pics of my surroundings. I hit the grunt call not expecting anything to happen. I look up and see a nice 8 point making a b line to my stand. I looked at him and asked myself would I be happy with this buck. I said yes to myself and shot. When I did, he didn’t run but kind of trotted off with blood pouring out of him. The shot looked good but kind of low. I waited for nearly an hour and got down and started trailing. I ended up jumping him 300 yards away. I backed out and have given him overnight. I haven’t slept much at all. That shot had to have nicked his heart. Hope I can find him
Posted By: robinhedd

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/06/17 06:15 AM

Good luck my man, post up a pic when u find him this morning.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/06/17 06:40 AM

Good luck finding him. Did y'all get any of this rain last night?

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/06/17 07:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Atoler

I’m not sure. With my Luck lately I’m sure we did. The guy with me killed a 250 pound 140 9 point
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/06/17 07:16 AM

Originally Posted By: BruteX
Originally Posted By: Atoler

I’m not sure. With my Luck lately I’m sure we did. The guy with me killed a 250 pound 140 9 point

Damn, sounds like y'all are on a heck of a piece of land to both get shots on the first sit. It stormed like crazy all night on the Kentucky Indiana line
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/06/17 10:17 AM

Good luck Brute! Hope you find him.
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/06/17 10:49 AM

Hope y'all find him.
Posted By: gatorbait154

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/06/17 10:55 AM

Good luck!
Posted By: Hoytdad10

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/06/17 11:10 AM

Good luck. popcorn

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/06/17 12:19 PM

Unfortunately, we had to call it. We found a lot of blood and found where he bedded twice but he went into a creek and that’s where we lost him. The Rage did its job, I just didn’t do mine. Must have missed the heart by a couple inches. I’ve had some bad luck this year but still blessed. I’m currently sitting in the corner of a patch of woods surrounded by CRP. These deer up here are big but stupid.
Posted By: Hoytdad10

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/06/17 12:21 PM

Hate to hear you didn't find him. Maybe you will get a crack at another one.
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/06/17 12:21 PM

Dangit man hate to hear that.
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/06/17 02:16 PM

Bow hunters worst nightmare.
Posted By: bmc77

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/06/17 02:41 PM

Dang it man,good luck the rest of the hunt.

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/06/17 02:45 PM

Just rattled up a spike lol. Walked right under my tree.
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/06/17 04:02 PM

These deer up here are big but stupid.

Idk about stupid, but they ain't like Bama deer! Don't have to aim as low on them. Good luck the rest of the trip.
Posted By: JD_Bowhunter1976

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/06/17 08:07 PM

If that deer bedded down twice, you got him. Give it a few days and look for buzzards. There is no doubt he is dead. Just finding him will be the hard part.

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/06/17 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: JD_Bowhunter1976
If that deer bedded down twice, you got him. Give it a few days and look for buzzards. There is no doubt he is dead. Just finding him will be the hard part.

Bad part is he’s across the property line and the landowner isn’t too friendly. If he survives, I’ve never seen a deer bleed like that and survive.

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/06/17 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: FlyinRN

Idk about stupid, but they ain't like Bama deer! Don't have to aim as low on them. Good luck the rest of the trip.

What I mean is, they are in full rut mode not paying attention to anything but fights and does. Had a 120 walk right up to us as we were searching for my buck
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/07/17 12:34 PM

They have tracking dogs up there too.
Posted By: mackdaddy

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/07/17 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: FlyinRN

What I mean is, they are in full rut mode not paying attention to anything but fights and does. Had a 120 walk right up to us as we were searching for my buck

What part of Illinois you in

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/07/17 09:28 PM

Adams County
Posted By: Reyn

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/08/17 07:58 AM

Day 2?

Re: Illinois day 1 - 11/08/17 10:44 AM

I’ll try update back at the hotel later
© 2024 ALDEER.COM