Aldeer.com

Arrow flight

Posted By: FlyinRN

Arrow flight - 10/19/17 06:39 PM

I noticed the last couple of times I've shot, that I have the occasional arrow that appears to do loopty loops or or circles as it's going down range. Then the next shot will be fine. Haven't investigated enough to see if it's one or two particular arrows. Could it be couple of bad arrows, a fletching issue, or a bit of a pull of the trigger? Shaw replaced strings this summer and it was shooting fine. I think I've stumbled across a couple bad arrows.

Thoughts...
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Arrow flight - 10/19/17 06:48 PM

If that arrow doesn’t do it every time I believe it would be something you are doing or just the way your eye is picking up that odd colored fletch. If that arrow does it every time and none of the others don’t, it would be that arrow. If it’s the arrow, check the nock good to make sure it isn’t damaged. If it isn’t, try rotating it a tad and see how it shoots.
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Arrow flight - 10/19/17 07:00 PM

Could be a hand torque issue. I’m still guilty of gripping the bow without thinking about form.
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Arrow flight - 10/19/17 07:07 PM

That's great advice from Shaw and Turkey247...You can also number your arrows so you can quickly identify recurring problems with any certain one.. I like to spin test my arrows vertically with the fieldtip or broadhead in palm of my hand, you can easily feel vibrations and wobbles that you can't see with naked eye.
Posted By: Zbrann

Re: Arrow flight - 10/19/17 07:53 PM

I’ve had the same issue occasionally over the years. I always number my arrows and determined the bad ones.

I recently started fletching my own arrows and it corrected the problem on every arrow. I suppose the folks that fletched my arrows before were not as meticulous.

Good luck and let us know what you figure out.

Re: Arrow flight - 10/19/17 08:51 PM

I number my arrows as well. These were a couple of older practice arrows. I'll shoot this weekend and report back. I shoot all my hunting arrows with broadheads and number them. These were not my current hunting arrows, but rather a couple I practice with.
Posted By: SuperSpike

Re: Arrow flight - 10/19/17 09:08 PM

I started fletching my own recently too. I just did 3 at first and they flew much better. I went ahead and fletched all of them and now i have better groupings than ive ever had. I notice some of my fletching were starting to lay over or curl a little so i replaced them.
Posted By: sluggun

Re: Arrow flight - 10/19/17 09:13 PM

I've noticed that shooting in the wind will also cause a little arrow wobble.
Posted By: Jmxinc

Re: Arrow flight - 10/19/17 10:13 PM

I have had some arrows in the past that did like yours
and the nocks were the issue

Re: Arrow flight - 10/21/17 07:41 PM

Well, I shot a little today. Really couldn't see anything today. Maybe one time I saw a little something, but it wasn't much. It's not effecting windage or elevation.
Posted By: johnv

Re: Arrow flight - 10/21/17 08:08 PM

I used to number my arrows when I still shot aluminum
© 2024 ALDEER.COM