Aldeer.com

hha king pin

Posted By: twaldrop4

hha king pin - 11/01/16 05:12 PM

Shot my bow this afternoon and it was shooting way low. This sight has been flawless until now. I know it hasn't been bumped. Only thing I can figure is the dial vibrated loose. I loosened the set screw and adjusted the sight back to the bow but it has caused me to lose almost 30 yards on the far end. Is there any other reason the sight could have gotten off.
Posted By: Shaw

Re: hha king pin - 11/01/16 05:31 PM

Have you checked your rest? String may have creeped also. If it does the nock point will move up causing the bow to shoot low.

Re: hha king pin - 11/01/16 05:34 PM

I am definitely not very good at working on a bow. How can I verify that. The arrows seem to be flying true. No fishtail or anything that I can notice.

Re: hha king pin - 11/01/16 05:49 PM

Nock an arrow and see how tail high the nock is. Post a pic of you can. Any chance that your peep got moved down?
Posted By: Atoler

Re: hha king pin - 11/01/16 05:51 PM

If you lost max yardage on the site, then it couldn't be the site that moved, if that makes sense.

Re: hha king pin - 11/01/16 06:04 PM

Yeah. That's what I thought too atoler. I will take a pic I can text it to someone. I wouldn't think my peep moved shaw. I am very careful with my bow. I guess anything could happen though.
Posted By: BOFF

Re: hha king pin - 11/01/16 06:24 PM

Text it to me.

God Bless,
David B.

Re: hha king pin - 11/01/16 06:24 PM

The front of the arrow is pointed down very slightly. The marks on the qad don't line up exactly. The mark that moves is slightly past the stationary mark. Don't know of that helps at all but that's all I can tell. Looking at the wear on the serving where my arrow nocks up doesnt look like it's moved
Posted By: BOFF

Re: hha king pin - 11/01/16 06:38 PM

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: FlyinRN

Re: hha king pin - 11/01/16 08:21 PM

Looks like your nock has moved up. Arrow pointing low.

Re: hha king pin - 11/01/16 08:29 PM

I guess i am going to have to take it somewhere. I got my sight adjusted now to compensate. It will be prolly monday before I can get it to grabow unless somebody knows somewhere that can be trusted in tuscaloosa that stays opens after 6 pm.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: hha king pin - 11/01/16 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: twaldrop4
I guess i am going to have to take it somewhere. I got my sight adjusted now to compensate. It will be prolly monday before I can get it to grabow unless somebody knows somewhere that can be trusted in tuscaloosa that stays opens after 6 pm.

Woods and water one of the aldeer members does bow work thefe

Re: hha king pin - 11/01/16 08:43 PM

Ok. What's his name. I don't want somebody with no more knowledge than me fooling with it. I get nervous going to big stores like that because sometimes they hire anybody. But if it's someone that does a good job I will give them a shot.
Posted By: jpb504

Re: hha king pin - 11/01/16 08:46 PM

String could have stretched on you. Check your cam timing. Get someone to film you in slow motion and make sure cams are rolling over at same time. Also the back wall might feel spongy if there out of sync. If so bring to shop and get some twists put in the string

Re: hha king pin - 11/01/16 10:22 PM

Yep, the string stretched. You're bad tail high. Those Elites come with Winners Choice strings and they are normally pretty good. Did you leave the bow in a hot vehicle or in laying in the sun?

Jeremy is the one you need to see, but he broke his wrist a couple of weeks ago and may not be working.

Re: hha king pin - 11/02/16 04:10 AM

Ok. Thanks guys. I will get it taken care of asap.
Posted By: jltaylor12

Re: hha king pin - 11/02/16 08:21 AM

Same thing happened to me with new strings. My nock point was high. Only reason I really noticed it was because my fletching was eating away at the top bar on my QAD rest.

Re: hha king pin - 11/02/16 08:26 AM

one more question. since I have resighted it for the mistake. could I finish the bow season with it and get it fixed after, or is this something that you would think I would need to go ahead and do now?

Re: hha king pin - 11/02/16 08:41 AM

Get it fixed now.

Re: hha king pin - 11/02/16 08:50 AM

10/4 thanks
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: hha king pin - 11/02/16 10:18 PM

Blake can handle it
© 2024 ALDEER.COM