Aldeer.com

HHA guys

Posted By: 87dixieboy

HHA guys - 09/15/16 08:06 PM

Question, is the pin tritium or can you get it in tritium and when you are hunting is it a pain to adjust the sight while concentrating on a deer. (I.E. Movement). Thinking of a sight upgrade

Thanks
Posted By: Shaw

Re: HHA guys - 09/15/16 08:14 PM

Nope it's not tritium. It's not needed. Adjusting it has never cost me a shot.

Re: HHA guys - 09/15/16 08:21 PM

Thanks man. I've always liked tritium and have tried to stay with those sights but the more I look at the HHA the more I want one. Seeing how most on here like the sight I will prolly have to pull the trigger on one soon
Posted By: Smoke_Diver

Re: HHA guys - 09/15/16 08:29 PM

I bought a HHA optimizer lite this week. I wanted to try one but didn't want to spend 200-300 just yet so I opted for the $109 version. I have it sighted in at 20 yards but haven't installed the sight tape yet. I had a 5 pin before and so far I like the one pin. I like the idea. Either know your distances or range, adjust and shoot.

Re: HHA guys - 09/15/16 08:36 PM

I love the concept just not sure about adjusting yardage on the fly when a deer is walking through the woods
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: HHA guys - 09/15/16 08:41 PM

If they would offer a 3 pin slider sight, they'd put a lot of folks out of business.

Re: HHA guys - 09/15/16 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: 87dixieboy
I love the concept just not sure about adjusting yardage on the fly when a deer is walking through the woods

Where I hunt I'm not shooting over 30 yards in the woods. Too thick. Green fields a different situation. I think if I'm set at 25-30 I can adjust in the woods.

Re: HHA guys - 09/15/16 08:51 PM

I hunt it all green fields, pine thickets and hardwoods. I have never shot a deer over 30 but would like the option to be able to if a bruiser was out there at 45-50
Posted By: Honolua

Re: HHA guys - 09/15/16 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: 87dixieboy

Trust me it is nothing. You will love it!
Posted By: Shaw

Re: HHA guys - 09/15/16 09:17 PM

I've killed several deer at 40 yards with it set on 25 yards. Not that hard to do. Just gotta know where to aim.
Posted By: buckbrush

Re: HHA guys - 09/16/16 02:06 AM

I usually keep my pin on 25 yds it's good for 0 to 35 it also has a zero stop that you can set wherever you want so you don't have to look at it to adjust. Mine is set at 20 yards so if I was thinking about a long shot but the buck turns towards me I can change the dial to 20 yds with out looking.

Re: HHA guys - 09/16/16 05:56 AM

Originally Posted By: buckbrush
I usually keep my pin on 25 yds it's good for 0 to 35 it also has a zero stop that you can set wherever you want so you don't have to look at it to adjust. Mine is set at 20 yards so if I was thinking about a long shot but the buck turns towards me I can change the dial to 20 yds with out looking.

Which one do you have?
Posted By: Rocket62

Re: HHA guys - 09/16/16 07:37 AM

I had a five pin sight, couldn't resolve the pins because of my eyesight.
I switched to a 3 pin sight, not much better.
I bought and tried several other 3 pin sights, no help.
I bought an HHA Lite and it solved the pin resolution issue. It was so easy to dial in, all I needed was to have an accurate estimate of yardage to target. Once I got used to the HHA I pretty much quit dialing. I kept it at 25 yards and just adjusted, was easy to do once I got the hang of it. Still, for a long shot (50-60 yards for me) I do dial in and it is deadly accurate.
I loved the HHA lite so much I invested in the HHA Kingpin last year. Best $300 I've spent for hunting accessories yet ...

Re: HHA guys - 09/16/16 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Smoke_Diver
Originally Posted By: buckbrush

Which one do you have?

HHA king pin

Re: HHA guys - 09/16/16 03:56 PM

That is the one I'm looking at

Re: HHA guys - 09/17/16 12:30 AM

You won't regret getting one.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM