Aldeer.com

Bow Stands

Posted By: SuperSpike

Bow Stands - 09/04/16 07:45 AM

I'm just curious how early some of you hang your stands you'd bow hunt out of? I rarely use a climber anymore. Last year I hung some about a month before the season. Do you wait longer or set them up earlier than that?
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Bow Stands - 09/04/16 08:58 AM

I hang mine a day or two before the season opener. During the season, I might hang and hunt one the same day. I've killed good bucks doing it this way, so I doubt I'll ever change.
Posted By: G/H

Re: Bow Stands - 09/04/16 08:59 PM

Been hanging for the past 3 weekends
Posted By: Shaw

Re: Bow Stands - 09/04/16 10:05 PM

I'll be hanging some tomorrow.

Re: Bow Stands - 09/05/16 04:38 PM

Got 7 sets hung today and 3 cameras up. I'm a whopped ass.
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: Bow Stands - 09/05/16 08:37 PM

Gonna hang one in the mornin.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Bow Stands - 09/05/16 08:40 PM

A little over a month too soon.
Posted By: 40Bucks

Re: Bow Stands - 09/05/16 09:23 PM

We're gonna spray next weekend and set up stands and clear shooting lanes. Plant the next weekend. Trying to stay out of the woods until Oct.
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Bow Stands - 09/05/16 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaw
Got 7 sets hung today and 3 cameras up. I'm a whopped ass.

I would say setting up 7 stands in one days constitutes quite a large can of whoopass being opened on an individual

Re: Bow Stands - 09/05/16 10:35 PM

Thats alot of stands to hang in one day. I think in about a week or so I'm going to dial in exactly where I want a couple. I already know some round about spots but need to go check out the growth etc and then hang shortly after.
Posted By: Reno

Re: Bow Stands - 09/06/16 09:13 AM

Originally Posted By: SuperSpike
Thats alot of stands to hang in one day. I think in about a week or so I'm going to dial in exactly where I want a couple. I already know some round about spots but need to go check out the growth etc and then hang shortly after.

Thats where im at with it.. been looking at ariel maps and have spots picked out, just got to get in there and see whats it looks like on the ground
Posted By: Recurve

Re: Bow Stands - 09/06/16 10:58 AM

I wait until first weekend in October to hang mine.

Re: Bow Stands - 09/06/16 09:29 PM

Last year was my first year in my club so I went in blind. Still saw alot of deer and missed one on my 2nd bow hunt. So I'm using last year's notes on where to hang them this year. I have one place in mind that I seen deer cross consistently so I feel like I may have an opportunity there.
Posted By: BruteX

Re: Bow Stands - 09/07/16 08:55 AM

As a general rule, I have all of my sets up at least a month before the season. I usually start around the first week in August with cameras and stands.

Re: Bow Stands - 09/14/16 11:26 AM

I've got some more work to do. grin

Posted By: slippinlipjr

Re: Bow Stands - 09/18/16 08:03 PM

I'm gonna hang a few on some acorns I found this week sometime. The earlier the better in my opinion.

Re: Bow Stands - 09/18/16 09:54 PM

I will have my stuff together tomorrow morning after work and will be hanging stands Tuesday morning when I get off.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM