Aldeer.com

Deer calls?

Posted By: ugahatr

Deer calls? - 10/17/15 05:58 AM

I use my grunt call all the time during gun season with great success ,but I have mixed feelings about using it during bow season. I guess the main reason I'm reluctant is because I've never had luck with it during bow season. Do you use grunt calls during bow season?
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Deer calls? - 10/17/15 07:11 AM

I call more bucks to me during bow season than any other time of the year.
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: Deer calls? - 10/17/15 09:29 AM

This is my first bow season, I have noticed in past seasons that from youth hunt on I have had great luck rattling in deer, but I haven't had a single deer come in so far, even though I have 20 different instances of the deer sparring where I am hunting.
Posted By: Goldhill1

Re: Deer calls? - 10/17/15 10:04 AM

I rattled in a small 6 pt on opening day this week...just a little light sparring. He came in and circled my stand looking for them. I'm a believer now. Always carry my rattling horns all season long
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: Deer calls? - 10/17/15 10:12 AM

I never had any luck rattling until two seasons ago, after last season I feel the same, my rattles go with me every time. I rattled in multiple bucks several times last year but nothing so far this season.
Posted By: TensawRiver

Re: Deer calls? - 10/18/15 07:35 PM

I've tried it several times and not seen a buck but have been looking at does and they always high tail it out of dodge in every instance. Even used a doe grunt and they still get out of there.

Now what I have used in the past and had success was a fawn in distress, they will come running. but it's very hard to get a bow shot off on them cause when they come in its fast and as soon as you move they're gone. Did it with a buddy and one called (one blew and the other shot, lol!) and actually got a few shots off.

haven't done that in a long time. It was way back when Primos first came out with those videos The Truth about Bow Hunting and they used that call they made. I have one of the calls now but haven't used it.
Posted By: captjab

Re: Deer calls? - 10/19/15 05:21 AM

I may get bashed for this Tensaw, but if you're talking about Baldwin Co. deer, that's a whole nother animal than some folks are dealing with.
Posted By: mw2015

Re: Deer calls? - 10/19/15 06:04 PM

I like to sit quiet but I've used a grunt to try & bring something I like in if he's going away from me
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Deer calls? - 10/19/15 06:09 PM

Ok Captjab ! I'm bashing you !!! lol Last time I was in Illi I saw about a 140. I hit the antlers lightly and it was like he was hit in the butt with a rocket. I'll never make that mistake again ! lol
© 2024 ALDEER.COM