Aldeer.com

When to go "deep sea" fishing

Posted By: TDunson

When to go "deep sea" fishing - 04/07/23 09:51 PM

Our church mens group has tossed the idea around to go fishing for a while now. I've never been so no idea what I'm looking for....deep sea, inshore, I don't know enough to know what matters... I'd imagine fall would be the time if we start planning now. Is that an acceptable time to catch plenty of fish? Probably have approx 10 guys. What would you salt water veterans suggest I look into?
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: When to go "deep sea" fishing - 04/07/23 10:36 PM

Dont get a guide off the internet. Get a guide recommended to you by someone who has used them several times. Youre fixin to spend a bunch of money on a fishing trip, it should be a good one
Posted By: quailman

Re: When to go "deep sea" fishing - 04/07/23 11:22 PM

Tom Ard with Fairwater Charters, who used to be on here, is out of Orange Beach. Heard nothing but good things about him.
Posted By: Buckwheat

Re: When to go "deep sea" fishing - 04/07/23 11:27 PM

For Red Snapper.....Charters will be closed by late July. I'd try "Red-Eye" Charters out of Fort Morgan, Ala. Marina. GOOD Guys.....better call NOW. Otherwise for Fall.....the Twilight out of Destin for offshore Grouper....Scamp.....Bee-liners.....Porgies.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: When to go "deep sea" fishing - 04/08/23 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Buckwheat
For Red Snapper.....Charters will be closed by late July. I'd try "Red-Eye" Charters out of Fort Morgan, Ala. Marina. GOOD Guys.....better call NOW. Otherwise for Fall.....the Twilight out of Destin for offshore Grouper....Scamp.....Bee-liners.....Porgies.

Gary is quiet a character
Posted By: scrubbuck

Re: When to go "deep sea" fishing - 04/08/23 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by quailman
Tom Ard with Fairwater Charters, who used to be on here, is out of Orange Beach. Heard nothing but good things about him.

Tom is good and is familiar with Church trips. Better call and discuss dates/details now. Things book up early.
Posted By: top cat

Re: When to go "deep sea" fishing - 04/08/23 10:44 PM

Captjab has the Aquastar in OB. Big roomy boat and he knows where to get line tight. Caught a 33lb snapper with him
Posted By: oakachoy

Re: When to go "deep sea" fishing - 04/09/23 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by top cat

Captjab has the Aquastar in OB. Big roomy boat and he knows where to get line tight. Caught a 33lb snapper with him

This, Jason is good people! He launches out of Zekes in OB. Believe he started out With Tom as well.
Posted By: filespinner

Re: When to go "deep sea" fishing - 04/09/23 05:14 PM

Just know if your planning on heading offshore, seas can go to crap overnight and have your trip cancelled. Or most of the people on the boat will be chumming. Inshore may be a safer bet
© 2024 ALDEER.COM