Aldeer.com

Lake Martin

Posted By: BassCat

Lake Martin - 03/31/23 02:05 AM

If anyone is heading to Lake Martin this weekend I can tell you Elkahatchee creek and for several miles down towards Blue creek is mud along with most every slue. Blue creek area towards Kowaliga is fine.
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: Lake Martin - 03/31/23 04:33 AM

The whole lake is mud now and almost full pool.
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Lake Martin - 03/31/23 09:48 AM

I would have thought there would be some clear water in Parker creek above the Kowlaiga bridge. Can't decide if I believe it enough to drive over there. Does anyone know?

Re: Lake Martin - 03/31/23 01:43 PM

I launched at Kowaliga yesterday for my third stop of day looking for clearer water and an older man leaving said not to go towards Parker because it was muddy. I can’t say for sure because I didn’t go that direction.
Posted By: HBWALKER14

Re: Lake Martin - 03/31/23 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by BassCat
I launched at Kowaliga yesterday for my third stop of day looking for clearer water and an older man leaving said not to go towards Parker because it was muddy. I can’t say for sure because I didn’t go that direction.

How was the kowaliga area towards real island?
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Lake Martin - 03/31/23 10:18 PM

Thanks, it's unusual for that area to get muddy once it clears up in early spring. But we had 5.5" of rain, and that changes things.
Posted By: G/H

Re: Lake Martin - 04/01/23 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by HBWALKER14

Not clean, it’s got a stain to it. We crossed over little Steele bring yesterday and it was muddy.

Re: Lake Martin - 04/03/23 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by G/H
Originally Posted by HBWALKER14

Not clean, it’s got a stain to it. We crossed over little Steele bring yesterday and it was muddy.

I'm not sure which island is real island. If you know which house is Bubba's of Rick and Bubba show, when I got a little further up river from there it started to get a stain to it. Not bad, but stained. The wind was blowing pretty good, so I didn't venture past there. Plenty to fish from there towards launch.
Posted By: HBWALKER14

Re: Lake Martin - 04/03/23 07:43 PM

It was very dirty this weekend. Trying to find clean water without another boat in the area was tough. I took it as a loss and spent most of the weekend with the family. Never seen the water that color from the bridge down to chimney rock
Posted By: JMNeal

Re: Lake Martin - 04/04/23 01:54 PM

I was down there this past weekend in Parker Creek and have never seen it that muddy. Sunday was a little better but Saturday it looks like coffee with creamer in it. I think the 5+ inches of rain plus there have been a lot of timber harvests/clearcuts in the parker creek area that I think has compounded the issue this spring. Should be clearing up every day though.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM