Aldeer.com

Min Kota ulterra

Posted By: Ridge Life

Min Kota ulterra - 02/09/23 02:09 AM

Anyone have or had one? If so pro and cons?
Posted By: Physiksgeek

Re: Min Kota ulterra - 02/09/23 11:31 PM

Bought mine in 2017. Love it. Pros - lots of them but the biggest to me is if I fish all day I'll estimate an extra hour of fishing not fooling with it. Networked I can put it on a contour and never look at it pulling cranks or while looking with livescope. Which is helpful on new water. Con - only one I got is if fishing before sunrise or after dark its hard to tell the direction the motor is headed before you bump it or travel. No positive indication like with a "true" foot controlled. Had to replace the bluetooth control head last week.....only thing Ive done to it.
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: Min Kota ulterra - 02/10/23 12:07 AM

Thank you
Posted By: gundoc

Re: Min Kota ulterra - 02/10/23 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Physiksgeek
Bought mine in 2017. Love it. Pros - lots of them but the biggest to me is if I fish all day I'll estimate an extra hour of fishing not fooling with it. Networked I can put it on a contour and never look at it pulling cranks or while looking with livescope. Which is helpful on new water. Con - only one I got is if fishing before sunrise or after dark its hard to tell the direction the motor is headed before you bump it or travel. No positive indication like with a "true" foot controlled. Had to replace the bluetooth control head last week.....only thing Ive done to it.

What he said ... I just havent had to replace anything. Mine was/is for sale
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Min Kota ulterra - 02/10/23 01:32 AM

I have had the same one for 4 years. It's on it's 2nd boat. The boat I bought in 2020 had a brand new Ultrex with the built in SI transducer. After a few fishing trips I swapped it out to with the Ulterra off my old boat. The auto deploy/stow is awesome if you ever fish by yourself. Con: Make dang sure you know how to manually stow it before you go out. If a tiny little tree limb gets in the works, it won't stow. If your fishing rod gets tangled up in the cable while it's stowed, it won't deploy. I wish the pedal working like the Ultrex. If it did, it would be the perfect TM. I don't like having to use the remote all the time, but unless I look at the pedal, I can't drive it with it. It's flat, not angled like a typical foot controlled TM.
Posted By: DryFire

Re: Min Kota ulterra - 02/13/23 03:43 PM

Mine quit on the last day of fishing in November. I haven't had time to diagnose the problem (Won't deploy). Been too busy replacing the transom in my boat. But overall, I won't go back to using a anchor or drift fishing.
Posted By: hitek

Re: Min Kota ulterra - 02/13/23 09:55 PM

I just ordered an Ultrex to replace mine and will work on mine, fix it and put it up for sale when I get it back working right again.
Posted By: GoldenEagle

Re: Min Kota ulterra - 02/13/23 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by hitek
I just ordered an Ultrex to replace mine and will work on mine, fix it and put it up for sale when I get it back working right again.

Let my brother that you work with know when you have it ready. I may be interested. I want to upgrade what is on my boat.
Posted By: Physiksgeek

Re: Min Kota ulterra - 02/14/23 01:00 AM

Here is an Ulterra wiring diagram. Used this when I was looking at my issue with iPilot connectivity on mine. I printed it and laminated to put in the boat. If it helps somebody.....enjoy!

[Linked Image]

If the link don't work let me know.....postimage is new to me....not sure if you have to log in to see it....photobucket sure changed a lot since the last time I was there....lol
Posted By: hitek

Re: Min Kota ulterra - 02/15/23 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Originally Posted by hitek

Let my brother that you work with know when you have it ready. I may be interested. I want to upgrade what is on my boat.

10-4
© 2024 ALDEER.COM