Aldeer.com

Tensaw Delta Bass

Posted By: GobbleGrunt

Tensaw Delta Bass - 09/19/22 03:45 PM

High School tournament this weekend. Trying to get some good bass advice for my son. We are putting in at Live Oak Landing around/in Stockton. Any one have anything they'd like to share?
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: Tensaw Delta Bass - 09/19/22 06:22 PM

Hastie lake will be good for a couple if y’all can get in there first. It’s the first ditch on the right going up from live oak. Good luck.
Posted By: blade

Re: Tensaw Delta Bass - 09/19/22 06:40 PM

It will be won a long way from the launch most likely.
Posted By: Mansfield

Re: Tensaw Delta Bass - 09/19/22 11:42 PM

Wish you luck we fished it last year was by far their worst of the year. Those local boys did good though maybe you can find out some spots before y’all go.
Posted By: hammerhead

Re: Tensaw Delta Bass - 09/20/22 01:09 AM

If the bite along the causeway (that's a bit of a ride down there and back though) hasn't started already it will soon (caught a load a few years back the 1st weekend of October). Throw a bruiser sally with silver blade around any clump of grass you find
Posted By: OlTimer

Re: Tensaw Delta Bass - 09/20/22 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by blade
It will be won a long way from the launch most likely.

Yep, upstream from Live Oak. Alabama or Tombigbee rivers.

Re: Tensaw Delta Bass - 09/20/22 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by hammerhead
If the bite along the causeway (that's a bit of a ride down there and back though) hasn't started already it will soon (caught a load a few years back the 1st weekend of October). Throw a bruiser sally with silver blade around any clump of grass you find

Do this and you will have a limit that weigh around 5 to 6 pounds. (Total).
Posted By: hammerhead

Re: Tensaw Delta Bass - 09/20/22 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by OlTimer

The day me and my buddy went, we were C&R but we had at least 5 fish that were over 3# each and a couple that were over 4# each
Posted By: Tall Dog

Re: Tensaw Delta Bass - 09/20/22 01:44 PM

From all of the replies , it sounds like the mid delta would be a good start for numbers and quality. Best of luck guy’s.

Re: Tensaw Delta Bass - 09/20/22 02:18 PM

Thanks for the advice so far.
Posted By: blade

Re: Tensaw Delta Bass - 09/20/22 04:51 PM

The day me and my buddy went, we were C&R but we had at least 5 fish that were over 3# each and a couple that were over 4# each

That’s a really good day for the causeway.
Posted By: booner

Re: Tensaw Delta Bass - 09/20/22 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyJoe
Hastie lake will be good for a couple if y’all can get in there first. It’s the first ditch on the right going up from live oak. Good luck.

That point when you go into Hastie has/had a lot of structure on it and holds fish. Pulled quite a few out of there back when I had a camp on the Lower Bryant.
Posted By: booner

Re: Tensaw Delta Bass - 09/20/22 06:51 PM

Three Mile Creek off of the Mobile and Shell Bayou in Chickasabogue should be producing right now.
Posted By: alhawk

Re: Tensaw Delta Bass - 09/27/22 12:51 PM

How did y'all do?

Re: Tensaw Delta Bass - 09/27/22 02:18 PM

We finished 27th out of 70 boats. The boys caught 20 bass Saturday, but only 3 made the cut to weigh in. They fished hard and had a good day. 10 lbs. won it. The boys' 3 bass weighed more than a few of the 5 fish limits weighed in. It was a great learning experience, as non of us had ever been there before. Most of the top 15-20 place finishes were local schools...Baldwin County, Citronelle, Saraland, Satsuma, etc.
Posted By: MoeBuck

Re: Tensaw Delta Bass - 09/27/22 05:08 PM

Gobble, I’m curious where y’all went and what they were biting??
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Tensaw Delta Bass - 09/27/22 05:52 PM

If they caught 20 and only 3 measured, if I had to guess, they were fishing somewhere on the middle/lower end and throwing soft plastics. Most likely Miflin, Hastie, N Lake (McReynolds), or Big Briar Creek.

Re: Tensaw Delta Bass - 09/28/22 01:19 AM

Tried to tell you...

Re: Tensaw Delta Bass - 09/28/22 04:40 PM

The only place we caught fish was Tensaw Lake. A solid 20-25 minute run north of Live Oak Landing....(counting the insanely long idle area). We did not fish south of the landing at all...but yes, plastics. No bites on anything else.
Posted By: daylate

Re: Tensaw Delta Bass - 10/03/22 07:01 PM

Globe Creek always produced some fish for us at this time of year but that is an even further run from Live oak and gets pretty narrow and swift.
Posted By: Boots

Re: Tensaw Delta Bass - 10/04/22 02:30 AM

we fished a bayou i think ( tallo) that was full of bass 11 3/4 " and a million gars and bowfin had a great time and weighed 1 fish in the jr part finished 5th with 1 fish lol
© 2024 ALDEER.COM