Aldeer.com

Bassmaster Elite coming to Neely Henry

Posted By: 280MtnRifle

Bassmaster Elite coming to Neely Henry - 12/03/20 08:55 PM

Just saw where the big boys are coming to Gadsden May 6-9, 2021.
Posted By: Drake322

Re: Bassmaster Elite coming to Neely Henry - 12/03/20 09:12 PM

I heard through the last TX a month or so ago that they were pleased with the way things turned out. Gadsden Tourism announced last night there were gonna be some "BIG" tx here next year. Damn, for a local guy fishing, the crowd will be stupid. But, there is a big economic impact too. Gadsden just needs to be smart about it and not be money hungry at the expense of the health of the fishery. Big chit storm got started on FB a few months back on this very subject. Poster took it down when things got out of hand.
Posted By: Chad Burnette

Re: Bassmaster Elite coming to Neely Henry - 12/04/20 02:24 AM

Neely Henry has been sucking here lately. Last few tournaments I’ve seen there weights were terrible. My daughter fishing high school tournaments and it has been really low results in the past. Several pro tournaments been really low too. But I do enjoy when pro go to tough places. Just to see what they do to overcome them.

Chaf
Posted By: firewhatfire

Re: Bassmaster Elite coming to Neely Henry - 12/04/20 04:41 AM

High school tournament will be up there this weekend as Shelby Co is fishing it. Neely fishes alot like Lay Lake and the pros are there this weekend for the Bassmaster Eastern Open. Several locals in the top 20 after 1st day today..
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Bassmaster Elite coming to Neely Henry - 12/04/20 02:20 PM

You’re gonna see Guntersville fade away from TX popularity. All because of eelgrass. That crap is awful and everywhere. You cannot control the depth of any jig you throw because of the floating eelgrass. I hate that crap and wish TVA would kill it all. If they had to kill out all the vegetation on the entire lake to get rid of it, I’d be okay with it as long as they let the coin tail and millfoil come back
Posted By: MTeague

Re: Bassmaster Elite coming to Neely Henry - 12/05/20 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
You’re gonna see Guntersville fade away from TX popularity. All because of eelgrass. That crap is awful and everywhere. You cannot control the depth of any jig you throw because of the floating eelgrass. I hate that crap and wish TVA would kill it all. If they had to kill out all the vegetation on the entire lake to get rid of it, I’d be okay with it as long as they let the coin tail and millfoil come back

I disagree. The ones who complain about the eel grass just don’t know how to fish it to their advantage.
Posted By: Bar270

Re: Bassmaster Elite coming to Neely Henry - 12/05/20 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by MTeague

I disagree. The ones who complain about the eel grass just don’t know how to fish it to their advantage.

I live on the lake and have a boat in a boat house on browns creek that eel gras needs to be gone
Posted By: Young20

Re: Bassmaster Elite coming to Neely Henry - 12/05/20 01:56 AM

Ask anyone from Florida about fishing eel grass. When we fished the St. Johns river or the Harris Chain, we used to absolutely slay them in the eelgrass when the shad were spawning in it. We would throw a spinnerbait or a buzzbait during the shad bite. Bass also loved to bed in it. Many a tournament has been won with spawning fish out of eel grass on Lake George.

Re: Bassmaster Elite coming to Neely Henry - 12/05/20 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by MTeague

Yeah, I'm sure you've got it figured out.

Re: Bassmaster Elite coming to Neely Henry - 12/05/20 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Young20
Ask anyone from Florida about fishing eel grass. When we fished the St. Johns river or the Harris Chain, we used to absolutely slay them in the eelgrass when the shad were spawning in it. We would throw a spinnerbait or a buzzbait during the shad bite. Bass also loved to bed in it. Many a tournament has been won with spawning fish out of eel grass on Lake George.

It's not the growing eelgrass, it's the 4 bazillion metric tons of dislodged, floating eelgrass. When 9 out of 10 casts results in a fouled hook, it's a pain in the arse.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM