Aldeer.com

Evinrude motors done

Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Evinrude motors done - 05/27/20 11:13 PM

Evinrude’s parent company announced they are discontinuing production on their motors. They will focus on boats manufacturing.
Posted By: hunterbuck

Re: Evinrude motors done - 05/28/20 01:05 AM

Is that the end of 2 stroke outboards? Anyone else making them anymore?
Posted By: Drake322

Re: Evinrude motors done - 05/28/20 01:30 AM

What about them 10 year g2 warranties now??????
Posted By: Lonster

Re: Evinrude motors done - 05/28/20 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by hunterbuck
Is that the end of 2 stroke outboards? Anyone else making them anymore?

I think that is the end of 2 stroke outboards.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Evinrude motors done - 05/28/20 08:03 AM

frown I love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning.
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Evinrude motors done - 05/28/20 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote

That's what she said.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Evinrude motors done - 05/28/20 12:00 PM

Evinrude aint been evinrude for a long time...they died when omc died in my oppinion
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Evinrude motors done - 05/28/20 01:02 PM

I do too Wiley.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Evinrude motors done - 05/28/20 01:13 PM

I love the quiet idling, smoke free, raw horsepower of my big ol 4 stoke Yamaha.
I would never go back to a oil burner, never.

Re: Evinrude motors done - 05/28/20 01:23 PM

The introduction of Ficht killed OMC. Those small 150's like the Intruder didn't help either. Mine lived at the mechanics shop.
Posted By: DryFire

Re: Evinrude motors done - 05/28/20 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Out back
I love the quiet idling, smoke free, raw horsepower of my big ol 4 stoke Yamaha.

Same here. Starts like a car motor and gets 50% better gas mileage. My run from Ditto to G Dam and back is now less than 8 gal and I'm going 10 mph faster.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Evinrude motors done - 05/28/20 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by TexasNative
Originally Posted by Out back

Same here. Starts like a car motor and gets 50% better gas mileage. My run from Ditto to G Dam and back is now less than 8 gal and I'm going 10 mph faster.

I'd love to have a 150hp 4 stroke for all those reasons too. I'd also like to have the spare money that one costs just to sit on. I can close my eyes and smell that old 2 stroke 185 Johnson (my Big White Johnson rofl ) and it takes me back to the days of the first boat that I fished from. We had a 12 foot flat bottom wood boat and an 18 horse Elgin. Later on Daddy got an 18 horse Evinrude and put on it. Man, the memories of fishing back then and the fish that we hauled home!

Re: Evinrude motors done - 05/28/20 02:01 PM

I was just doin some reading...brp is claiming covid related financial issues to be the culprit for the discontinuation of their outboard line. I also read that the boat manufacturers they own will be powered by mercury engines per a lisensed agreement....mercury finally won i guess..even if by name only.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Evinrude motors done - 05/28/20 03:33 PM

I have an old evinrude 112 two stroke that is on a pontoon boot i just got . Still ain't got it go crank yet...
Posted By: Clem

Re: Evinrude motors done - 05/28/20 05:34 PM

As per BRP's press release:

Following BRP’s decision to discontinue E-TEC and E-TEC G2 outboard engines, the company has signed an agreement with Mercury Marine to support boat packages and continue to supply outboard engines to its boat brands. BRP will continue to supply customers and its dealer network service parts, and it will honor manufacturer limited warranties, plus offer select programs to manage inventory.
Posted By: klay

Re: Evinrude motors done - 05/28/20 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Clem

As per BRP's press release:

Following BRP’s decision to discontinue E-TEC and E-TEC G2 outboard engines, the company has signed an agreement with Mercury Marine to support boat packages and continue to supply outboard engines to its boat brands. BRP will continue to supply customers and its dealer network service parts, and it will honor manufacturer limited warranties, plus offer select programs to manage inventory.

They'll still discontinue parts in a few years. You already can't get ficht parts. I would strongly encourage anyone that has an ETec to dump it while you can.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Evinrude motors done - 05/29/20 01:21 AM

I'd imagine that with Mercury being dumped the extra boats to power, an average Joe is going to have a hard time repowering a boat for the next little whilte.

Re: Evinrude motors done - 05/29/20 02:00 AM

I may be wrong...but it wouldnt shock me if they are powered with tohatsu engines to get the name to fill the vacuum left by evinrude...be a great time to put a big jap four stroke at the helm...since they kinda been a back burner repower option for awhile and powering smaller craft. Their performance on saltwater is pretty well respected and more dealers would mean more money...my oppinion.

Re: Evinrude motors done - 05/29/20 02:06 AM

Just read, tohatsu has been makin 15hp an below rudes since 2011

Re: Evinrude motors done - 05/29/20 02:13 AM

So..did some readin...brunswick corp conglomerate owns mercury...an a buncha other shucks...honda builds tohatsu from bout 60hp up...hmmm after careful reconsideration of my above statement...i feel like i dint know what i was talkin about...please disregard.😁
Posted By: fladeerhntr

Re: Evinrude motors done - 06/09/20 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin
I'd imagine that with Mercury being dumped the extra boats to power, an average Joe is going to have a hard time repowering a boat for the next little whilte.

I agree because it was virtually impossible to get one before this. April of 1019 I burned a piston up in my 250 pro xs 2 stroke and had every intention of getting a new 250 pro xs 4 stroke. There was just one little problem and that was that nobody in the entire country had just a loose engine and the waiting period for just an engine was 12-22 months. For this reason I just took it to someone to have the damaged cylinder bored out and a new piston,rings,bearings and injector installed for way less than what a new engine was gonna cost me.
Posted By: Turkey

Re: Evinrude motors done - 06/09/20 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by fladeerhntr
Originally Posted by FurFlyin

I agree because it was virtually impossible to get one before this. April of 1019 I burned a piston up in my 250 pro xs 2 stroke and had every intention of getting a new 250 pro xs 4 stroke. There was just one little problem and that was that nobody in the entire country had just a loose engine and the waiting period for just an engine was 12-22 months. For this reason I just took it to someone to have the damaged cylinder bored out and a new piston,rings,bearings and injector installed for way less than what a new engine was gonna cost me.

Maybe. Maybe not. We're a Tier 1 supplier to MM. They were already months behind on orders for the engines we make parts for. However, with Covid-19, they've pulled castings we were making back in house because they now have available foundry capacity.

Side note: Our biggest customers are in two markets: Marine and Lawn and Garden. The marine customers (not just Merc) don't think they'll ever see the orders they lost during the pandemic. The lawn and garden guys ran hard long into the pandemic because their marketing folks think their customers will come back full force. Its interesting how differently two groups are forecasting the recovery.

Re: Evinrude motors done - 06/10/20 08:03 AM

Yeah Wiley, that Johnson 185 takes you to the gas station a lot too ! Those motors were gas guzzlers, anytime you got over an idle.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM