Aldeer.com

Neely Henry 6

Posted By: Drake322

Neely Henry 6 - 05/05/20 11:56 AM

What y’all got. I ain’t been in weeks but am on furlough this week and if I get my hotfoot fixed, I am gonna hit it. Seen some pics of some good heads being caught.
Posted By: Livintohunt19

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 05/06/20 07:04 PM

No replies can’t be good drake! From what I’ve heard and seen it’s been toughhh!

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 05/06/20 08:09 PM

16 and change to win the aba last weekend, yes, it is bad!
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 05/06/20 08:18 PM

We won a wildcat tournament there Saturday before last with 13.86 (also had big fish of 4.12), and there were some legit fishermen in it (I think there were 42 boats). I was surprised that weight won.

Our club fishes there this Saturday. I went this morning and fished till about 8:30, only caught 3, but two of them were 4+ pounds laugh
There is a major shad spawn occuring, but frankly I didn't see any fish activity around it at all, and it had nothing to do with the fish I caught (at least not that I know of). Grass looks puny so far, there are fish in it, but it's just weak and mossy in most places.

I saw the Tuesday morning derby took 17, then 16, and 3rd was 14. Somebody's on em.
Posted By: William

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 05/06/20 08:19 PM

We had a small club tourney there last weekend. Think they dropped the water 4" during the day. 11 lbs won it. Two of our St Clair County people. They had 18 lbs the week before.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 05/07/20 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by ikillbux
We won a wildcat tournament there Saturday before last with 13.86 (also had big fish of 4.12), and there were some legit fishermen in it (I think there were 42 boats). I was surprised that weight won.

Our club fishes there this Saturday. I went this morning and fished till about 8:30, only caught 3, but two of them were 4+ pounds laugh
There is a major shad spawn occuring, but frankly I didn't see any fish activity around it at all, and it had nothing to do with the fish I caught (at least not that I know of). Grass looks puny so far, there are fish in it, but it's just weak and mossy in most places.

I saw the Tuesday morning derby took 17, then 16, and 3rd was 14. Somebody's on em.

I saw the crowd Saturday that put in at the rbc ramp. Also talked to one guy fishing the aba and around 1230 he only had 9#. What did you heads hit on down river?

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 05/08/20 11:04 AM

Just to report, I fished 3 hours and zeroed with only one hit off chatterbait. Full moon and cold front killed it for me.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 05/08/20 10:55 PM

We fish from Canoe in the morning again, I'm expecting it to be slow early, but who knows. There's another derby out of Rainbow that'll have about 20 boats in it.
Posted By: Bows4evr

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 05/09/20 11:39 PM

Anybody fish any bass tournaments over there today? How did it go? What won? Big fish?
Posted By: Canterberry

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 05/10/20 01:27 AM

Small north Alabama club tourney, we won with 17.85, all spots, had a 3.65 and 3.60, also took big fish.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 05/11/20 06:02 PM

Took 18-1/2 to win our club tournament, 17-something was 2nd, and I didn't hang around long enough to know the rest of the results. I think we had 41 boats, several bags in the 12 to 14 pound range. We only had 9.59, all spots. We just never caught a fish from the grass all day, but many other folks said that's where all theirs came from. I suppose it was just chance of where you went. Listening to the chatter at the weigh-in, folks caught them up and down river, main river and creeks, and all sorts of ways.

I noticed something interesting... all the "sticks" in our club struggled, and the bigger bags were from teams that usually don't do well. Our last year's champion had two fish, not even a limit. The guys who won our first tournament, and finished 2nd in the last tournament, only had 9.61 (all spots). We talked and seemed to have the same experience, they didn't catch a fish from the grass either. We actually didn't catch a largemouth all day, regardless of where.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 05/11/20 06:10 PM

Somebody has them figured out. Sure as hell ain't me!

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 05/16/20 07:57 PM

Heard there was a big tournament out of city docks today? Anybody know any details?

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 05/29/20 11:11 PM

Anybody been?
Posted By: Fatherof2

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 05/30/20 03:38 AM

I went this morning. Caught (4). Two of the four were very small. Very muddy in a lot of areas.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 05/30/20 12:38 PM

I have not been. Plan to couple afternoon this week.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 06/01/20 11:16 AM

Haven't been to Neely since that tournament a few weeks ago, but Logan has been pretty good to me. I fished a little while Saturday and Sunday afternoons and honestly you can catch them doing whatever you like. Now I haven't caught any BIG largemouths, but I caught a handful of grown spots over the two days. They have been rolling some current!!

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 06/02/20 07:44 PM

Anyone been in the afternoon? Gonna try and go today.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 06/03/20 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Drake322
Anyone been in the afternoon? Gonna try and go today.

I was in Shotgun Sports about 30 mins ago talking to two retired guys (pretty good sticks), they fished it yesterday morning and said it was awful. Granted, that's morning time, but I heard the same remarks from this past weekend.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 06/03/20 03:29 PM

It is that time of year where things can suck. I did not go yesterday but am today. Honeydos killed me, lol.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 06/04/20 09:43 AM

Went yesterday and caught 10 heads mixed with spots and one bonus drum about 10 pounds. drum was foul hooked in the dorsal fin! Man what a fight, lol! Found some spots and caught 4 right off bat biggest about 3 pounds. One of those bad storms blew in and they quit. Caught several heads in the grass on top. Not a whiff on swim jig. Actually a better afternoon than thought I would have.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 06/12/20 02:07 PM

Had a chance to go yesterday mid-afternoon. Caught 11. Only two of those were not stripe. Water temp bumping 82 in river and those small stripe are turned on. Caught on head about a pound and one spot about 2. Could not get a river ledge bite going because the wind was north and on most of my places it was bad. APCO was pulling 2, so spots should have been turned on. Could not find any. Lots of people prefishing for the BFL there Saturday.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 06/12/20 07:04 PM

I just haven't been to Neely since our club was there in mid-May. We fish Weiss next Saturday, so I've been up there twice in the last 10 days or so, fish have been really shallow. Frankly I'm not "seeing" many fish offshore....I looked at some places last weekend and they had a few fish, I caught 4 or 5 small spots, but I've not found any size or numbers stacked anywhere. But the largemouth have been in the petunias! I mean 6" of water as far back in the pockets as you wanna go, docks, grass, seawall, just all over the place.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 06/13/20 05:59 PM

Went this morning caught about 21. 11 stripe 10 largemouth biggest about 2.5

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 06/15/20 11:36 AM

Anyone know what it took to win the BFL?

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 06/15/20 12:12 PM

13 something I think

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 06/15/20 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bows4evr
13 something I think

REALLY????????????????????????

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 07/05/20 10:59 PM

Made a quick jaunt to Neely this afternoon. Put in at the dam around noon, stayed till about 4:00..... I think they had some sort of Trump rally around the rock island at the mouth of Shoal / Lakeshore???

Anyway, I found it to be sorta tough.... only way I could catch fish was 15+' deep on drop shots, all smallish. I skipped boat docks till I was sick of it, not a bite.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 07/06/20 02:06 PM

Jeff, I went Friday morning with a friend of mine we put in at 5 and took out about 9. Had two hits and no fish in the boat.

We were part of the trump train yesterday we all met at the rock and rode up river. Over 200 boats. Man, gave me chills to see all those trump and American flags flying. Rough count was over 200 boats.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 07/06/20 07:45 PM

Jeff, I went Friday morning with a friend of mine we put in at 5 and took out about 9. Had two hits and no fish in the boat.

We were part of the trump train yesterday we all met at the rock and rode up river. Over 200 boats. Man, gave me chills to see all those trump and American flags flying. Rough count was over 200 boats.

I was on the roadbed in that creek just below the rock on the Ragland side when all of y'all disbanded I guess (I noticed the traffic was hectic for several minutes).

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 07/06/20 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by ikillbux

I was on the roadbed in that creek just below the rock on the Ragland side when all of y'all disbanded I guess (I noticed the traffic was hectic for several minutes).

We all rode up river. Looked like an ocean the wakes were so tall.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 08/29/20 02:36 AM

Anybody been?

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 08/29/20 04:23 AM

I fished in the Tuesday night tournament out of coosa landing earlier this week. Only caught (2). The winners had less than 6lbs. Caught our two in the grass on a Texas rigged creature bait. I saw the results from the Wednesday night tournament and the winners of that one also had less than 6lbs.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 09/02/20 08:20 PM

Something changed this week, heard several different reports of much better catches.
Posted By: mackdaddy

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 09/02/20 09:37 PM

It’s miserable on Neely right now! Don’t go save your time go somewhere else I promise you will be glad you did
Posted By: desertdog

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 09/02/20 09:51 PM

A little over 10 lbs leading the FLW Toyota Series that started today.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 09/02/20 11:15 PM

https://www.flwfishing.com/news/2020-09-02-nixon-leads-on-neely-henry

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 09/03/20 02:00 AM

Jordan Lee with 3 keepers for 5lbs. Currently in 42nd. Be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 09/03/20 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Fatherof2
Jordan Lee with 3 keepers for 5lbs. Currently in 42nd. Be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

As tough as it is I didn't expect the weights this low especially with a few local hammers.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 09/03/20 11:27 AM

Tucker and Hayes, two local guys, in the hunt. I told yall the bite was bad. If If Terry and Hunter only have 9 lb in a whole day of fishing, you know its bad!

I just looked, there are 5 local sticks and only 8 oz separating them.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 09/03/20 03:40 PM

From the guys I know, and the few stories I've heard (partly from some of the Toyota guys yesterday), if you ran upriver you were D.O.A. Most people leave Gadsden and go up, but the only decent action I'm hearing about is way down the pond, like Shoal and Lakeshore. We're talking about running virtually the entire length of the lake, but something is different at least in the specific area of Shoal Creek. Friend of mine had 6.95 in 3 fish yesterday (the old farts who fish from the dam each Wednesday morning), and lost a 3+ spot that jumped/threw his topwater. Said he caught 10-12 total fish, all in Shoal, and hardly saw another boat.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 09/03/20 03:57 PM

Jeff, did he say what water temp was? We rode last weekend to Permeter Creek and went all the way in the back. I am telling you that water was very clear and had the Coosa light green color to it. Looked great.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 09/03/20 08:52 PM

Jeff, did he say what water temp was? We rode last weekend to Permeter Creek and went all the way in the back. I am telling you that water was very clear and had the Coosa light green color to it. Looked great.

He sure didn't. I fished Logan this past weekend, that water was mid 80's and "normal" Coosa color.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 09/04/20 11:31 AM

Brown, Hayes, Tucker, Johnson are the only ones I know. All in top 15. Pretty good write up last night on the TX page from the top 5. They all said trash fishing was a key yesterday. Also, when APCO cut the water on, spots started but it was 1:30 so very little time to fish.

Re: Neely Henry 6 - 09/09/20 04:55 AM

A little over 2lbs won the Tuesday Night Jackpot. That's rough!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM