Aldeer.com

Limestone creek 4/4

Posted By: HappyHunter

Limestone creek 4/4 - 04/04/20 09:38 PM

Took the kayak and it was on. Fish were shallow 2’ or less. Fished a Bobby garland under a small float. Fish were really tight to weed lines. Lost the best crappie of this year, just couldn’t get it out of the weeds. Bite was aggressive, they weren’t playing around today. Kept a limit, caught 50+. Nice day to be out.
Posted By: Sandmtnslayer

Re: Limestone creek 4/4 - 04/05/20 12:45 AM

Sounds like a great day
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Limestone creek 4/4 - 04/05/20 01:01 AM

Sounds like a blast! I tried to get to my favorite bank spot today on Flint Creek but it was taken already. Tried a couple more places but no bites. I need to put a few more crappie in the freezer.
Posted By: aaa

Re: Limestone creek 4/4 - 04/05/20 01:39 PM

Good deal. Did you put in at arrowhead landing or on the road leading in ? Hope they keep the water at or near full pull for the spawning fish. Thanks for the report.

Re: Limestone creek 4/4 - 04/06/20 12:25 AM

I put in on the road and paddle north. I would rather put in at the old bridge. Only time I put in at the landing is if I’m going to catfish. You can catch some studs in that strip that goes to the river if there is a little current. I just drift with a bait around 18’ deep and usually catch at least one per drift. Best for me there is a 38 pound blue on a 1/2 of a bream.

Re: Limestone creek 4/4 - 04/06/20 02:23 AM

Happy, when you say you were catching crappie at 2 ft, is that the depth you were fishing or the water depth?

Re: Limestone creek 4/4 - 04/06/20 11:04 PM

Fish were in 2-3’ of water with most in the 2’ depth. My jig was 14-16” below the float.

Re: Limestone creek 4/4 - 04/06/20 11:37 PM

10-4. I’ve been trying to catch em every which way I know how but haven’t looked for any in water that shallow yet, I’ll have to try that out. Been on a dry spell the last couple weeks
© 2024 ALDEER.COM