Aldeer.com

Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake

Posted By: joshm28

Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake - 02/28/20 02:22 PM

My nephew fishes for AU. Him and I have been fishing together since was just a kid. Well I hosted several teams from AU at the house earlier in the week and got to talk strategy with them. My nephew is sitting in 15th place, out of 250, after day one with 13lbs. He’s already culled 3 times this morning and has right at 10lbs. All the big bites yesterday came after lunch so hopefully he can cull one or two more. Needs to move into the top 10 to fish tomorrow.

He’s a great kid. Sent me a text early yesterday morning asking for prayers of safety for everyone. Very proud of him. He’s got great parents and is turning into a FINE young man.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake - 02/28/20 03:00 PM

AWESOME
Posted By: BCD

Re: Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake - 02/28/20 07:36 PM

That is great. Sound like a fine young man you all should be proud.
Posted By: CD

Re: Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake - 02/28/20 09:19 PM

I saw an AU wrapped boat over there today. Maybe it was him. Good luck to him!

Re: Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake - 02/28/20 09:25 PM

They just weighed in 11-13. Currently sitting in 3rd. Need top 12 to fish tomorrow. Top 25 gets them to nationals. WAR EAGLE!!!
Posted By: alhawk

Re: Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake - 02/28/20 10:01 PM

Hope it holds up for them

Re: Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake - 02/28/20 11:47 PM

Finished 9th. He’s fishing tomorrow. Should qualify him to fish an invite tournament next Sunday in which they weigh in on the big stage with the bassmasters
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake - 02/29/20 12:44 AM

Josh...have him go to the END of Rock creek.

1/4 mile past where a tree sticks out of the water and it bends to the east. Lots of giant Spots right there. TRUST ME!

It will be worth the try. This time of year weve caught big ones there...slobs..striper fishing. Just have him give it a try for an hour or so. thumbup
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake - 02/29/20 02:22 AM

Sounds like a great kid.
Posted By: MTeague

Re: Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake - 02/29/20 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by outdoorobsession

1/4 mile past where a tree sticks out of the water and it bends to the east. Lots of giant Spots right there. TRUST ME!

It will be worth the try. This time of year weve caught big ones there...slobs..striper fishing. Just have him give it a try for an hour or so. thumbup

The anglers aren't allowed to gather information from anyone outside of the tournament.
Posted By: Lonster

Re: Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake - 02/29/20 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by MTeague

The anglers aren't allowed to gather information from anyone outside of the tournament.

Oops too late!
Posted By: wew3006

Re: Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake - 02/29/20 01:00 PM

Met a kid named Jordan the other day at an estate sale that fished for Auburn. Name was Jordan; nice young man.

Re: Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake - 02/29/20 04:18 PM

Oh OK..never mind....no fish there...forget it....horrible spot...DO NOT go there... and MTEAGUE wil be there watching/filming and reporting ALL violators... smile

Re: Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake - 02/29/20 04:26 PM

Oh OK..never mind....no fish there...forget it....horrible spot...DO NOT go there... and MTEAGUE wil be there watching/filming and reporting ALL violators... smile

Lol. He’s got 9lbs in the boat currently
Posted By: imadeerhntr

Re: Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake - 02/29/20 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by joshm28

Lol. He’s got 9lbs in the boat currently

Good for him 👍

Re: Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake - 02/29/20 10:41 PM

Weigh ins are complete. Moved up 3 spots with a 6th place finish. I’ll have the opportunity to watch them weigh in next Sunday at the classic!!
Posted By: top cat

Re: Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake - 02/29/20 10:54 PM

thumbup
Posted By: Farmer64

Re: Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake - 02/29/20 10:55 PM

Weigh ins are complete. Moved up 3 spots with a 6th place finish. I’ll have the opportunity to watch them weigh in next Sunday at the classic!!

Good deal 👍
Posted By: G/H

Re: Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake - 03/01/20 02:48 AM

Awesome

Re: Collegiate BASS - Smith Lake - 03/01/20 10:56 PM

Congrats! Glad he did well. thumbup

Glad he didnt go to where I said. My buddy was there striper fishing...said some guy in camo was lurking on the shore filming any bass boats. shocked

I told him dont worry...that was just ole M Teague making sure no one was violating the rules. laugh
© 2024 ALDEER.COM