Aldeer.com

Tyson Sewage Spill

Posted By: gundoc

Tyson Sewage Spill - 06/14/19 12:34 AM

Any of ya'll heard about this on the Mulberry Fork of the Black Warrior?

I'm curious to know how far downstream we need to be concerned with it.

I was hoping to fish Holt this weekend.
Posted By: PaintRock0

Re: Tyson Sewage Spill - 06/14/19 12:45 AM

Should be good not many floaters make it to far down stream
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Tyson Sewage Spill - 06/14/19 01:53 AM

The fox 6 report said sewage spill. What kind of sewage kills that many fish that fast?
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: Tyson Sewage Spill - 06/14/19 02:33 AM

Sewage spills can deplete the oxygen in the water.
Posted By: biscuit1979

Re: Tyson Sewage Spill - 06/14/19 04:34 AM

Chitty situation
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Tyson Sewage Spill - 06/14/19 01:44 PM

Heard one fellow say crawfish were crawling out of the water and dying on the bank. I fish a stretch by kayak just up river from there. Its a beautiful and clean float. No doubt something should be done about this before they ruin the river. Someone in another thread was talking about 40000 fish being killed in 2016. I promise you taking that many fish out of a small river is devastating. Yes, it will rebound but it will take a while and thats just the fish. No telling what else was killed. There should be hell to pay over this but thats doubtful.
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: Tyson Sewage Spill - 06/14/19 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by jwalker77
The fox 6 report said sewage spill. What kind of sewage kills that many fish that fast?

The kind with an overabundance of E-coli I would imagine. At least that's what the WAFF 48 was saying is in the spill. Tyson is a huge company that employs lots of people and brings in a good bit of revenue to the area so I'm going to guess that they get their wrist slapped is all.
Posted By: gman

Re: Tyson Sewage Spill - 06/15/19 02:04 AM

I worked 24hrs at that hell hole. It was an active bacteria factory then...dont think osha even knows it exists.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM