Aldeer.com

i hope there are some fishermen on my jury

Posted By: Beadlescomb

i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/02/19 05:47 AM

when i kill one of these sonofabitchin pleasure boater wake boat drivin m-effer's. damn near hit a pontoon boat tonight luckily i was only running 20 mph about the time i cut the wheel and got stopped a big ass wake from a wake boat came over the back of my boat about swamped me and killed out my motor. i had to break out the emergency bilge pump just to keep the ass end from going under
Posted By: .308

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/02/19 09:44 AM

Glad you are ok! I can't stand them either. Looks like in the interest of soil errosion they would be outlawed by now but until then it's their water too.
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/02/19 12:29 PM

I don't even fish in the day this time of year. You will have to find a backwater snake infested place to fish where them SOB's don't go. You will get off if I'm on your jury.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/02/19 12:48 PM

These thread are worse than where to eat at the beach. I’ve seen bass boats acting like complete idiots as well
Posted By: metalmuncher

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/02/19 01:29 PM

Was the pontoon running without any lights? I'll bet it was one of those Moombas with the radio playing Georgia Florida Line real loud that about swamped you.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/02/19 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by jlbuc10
These thread are worse than where to eat at the beach. I’ve seen bass boats acting like complete idiots as well

You must be a wake boater.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/02/19 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Wiley Coyote

No I’m a 600hp SeeVee 290, guess y’all hate us also?
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/02/19 02:21 PM

If you fly by me while im fishing 10times trying your best to push my boat against the bluff im fishing absolutely disregarding me and thinking only of yourself because that is the only person in this world you give a crap about, and you dont even notice me and my 12yr old son having to hold on to our boat seats to keep from getting thrown in the water, if thats you, then yeah you too.
Posted By: Rooster600

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/02/19 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by jwalker77

If you fly by me while im fishing 10times trying your best to push my boat against the bluff im fishing absolutely disregarding me and thinking only of yourself because that is the only person in this world you give a crap about, and you dont even notice me and my 12yr old son having to hold on to our boat seats to keep from getting thrown in the water, if thats you, then yeah you too.

So then you’re talking about most bass fisherman in their 70000 dollar bass boats as well.

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/02/19 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by metalmuncher
Was the pontoon running without any lights? I'll bet it was one of those Moombas with the radio playing Georgia Florida Line real loud that about swamped you.

yes sir

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/02/19 03:03 PM

yupp
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/02/19 03:41 PM

My uncle shot 4 holes in the side of a bass boat for runnin upon him and basically tellin him an my daddy they wer gonna leave because this was their spot...daddy finnally tackled him in the bottom of the boat or else he woulda probly killed one of them...luckily it was a short barreld pistol and hewas bout drunk plus they were a good 60 yards away...them fellers through their crap down an left an daddy had to take my uncles pistol away...luckily they didnt strike a nerve that belonged to my daddy because he had a 41 magnum with a 8in barrel in the console an neither my uncle or daddy put up with mouthy boaters. That was probly 40 years ago...heard that story my whole life an made me think bot of them were nuts. If you gonna do play dangerous games..be prepared to win dangerous prizes.
Posted By: top cat

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/02/19 03:54 PM

We had a bass boat come by us on pad doing at least 60. I could have hit him with a jig he was so close. At same time use 3 in the boat crappie fishing flipped them off, that part was kinda funny.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/02/19 04:42 PM

Yeah bass boats are just as bad as the wakeboard and pontoons. We had 4 come within 40 yds of us last Saturday and they weren’t even in the channel.
Posted By: eclipse829

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/02/19 11:55 PM

if y'all would watch your bobbers/corks, instead of how everyone else is enjoying the lake, you'd catch more fish and stay less stressed out. grin
Posted By: Out back

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/03/19 01:07 AM

I'm not sure if mine is considered to be a "wake boat" but I can swamp them little bassin boats when I'm not feeling courteous. 😆
Posted By: GKelly

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/03/19 03:14 AM

id rather a bass boat ride past me planed out doing 50 than a pleasure boater with his boat swamped running half throttle. the idiots that have to stand up to steer because they cant see over the bow because they wont get the dang boat on plane piss me off more than anyone they are also usually the same ones that dont understand ROW or no wake zone
Posted By: AC870

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/03/19 12:25 PM

Why can’t we all just get along?
However, those big boats put off a larger wake than a bass boat on plane. Way larger.
I got an uncle shot a canoe once. Emptied all 6 from a .357 into it. The guy was in the wrong. He was “putting in on us.” Not on a public waterway. But the gunfire might’ve been a tad “overboard.”
Posted By: whack-n-stack

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/03/19 01:32 PM

The latest manifestation of those morons is the wake surfers.

Those mouth breathers make the biggest wave possible so some needledick jackass can ride the 3' wave made by the boat.
Posted By: bama1971

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/03/19 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by whack-n-stack

Those mouth breathers make the biggest wave possible so some needledick jackass can ride the 3' wave made by the boat.

Lake Martin has miles and miles of undeveloped sloughs, and they do it back and forth up and down a slough full of boats tied up to docks and kids swimming. I guess they want to make sure everyone sees how cool they are

Blows my mind the level of how oblivious they are
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/04/19 05:05 PM

Wake surfing is a lot of fun, you should try it.

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/04/19 05:37 PM

It's like surfing, only better.
Especially when there's a couple of bass boats nearby. Makes it even more fun.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/04/19 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rooster600

So then you’re talking about most bass fisherman in their 70000 dollar bass boats as well.

I'd MUCH rather that bass boat come by me on plane running WOT, than a wakeboard boat come by with his ballasts full, or a pontoon pulling a tube.
Posted By: mman

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/04/19 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by GomerPyle
Originally Posted by Rooster600

I'd MUCH rather that bass boat come by me on plane running WOT, than a wakeboard boat come by with his ballasts full, or a pontoon pulling a tube.

^^^This

And if you decide to fish on the only place I can run on a creek channel in/out of a bay, expect me to come by you on plane...I'll get over as far as I can and even slow down, but I will still be on plane.
Posted By: Gotcha1

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/06/19 12:46 PM

I want to be the judge handing out the sentence
on the wake boats.
No boats for miles on Martin and they go back
and forth about 100 yards from us, with 2 miles
of open water on the other side of them.
This was Tuesday morning.
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/06/19 01:17 PM

I say it every time, it's not about "bass boats" vs "pleasure boats", or who's safe or dangerous, or rude or not, etc.....THIS is the difference, and THIS is why "pleasure" boaters are worse: Me running around in my bass boat makes ZERO, do you hear me????...ZERO difference to the pleasure boaters whatsoever. In fact, it probably HELPS the pleasure boaters by making wakes they can jump with their wake boards and innertubes. HOWEVER, the pleasure boat traffic (the wakes and running right over the top of our fishing holes) 100% destroys the fishing. Once the pleasure boats hit the water, my fishing is over. Get it????? So stop with the "a bass boat ran by me too close too fast" or some crap like that, it has ZERO affect on you. You can go ski in circles ANYWHERE on the lake. ANYWHERE!!!!!!! If a bass boat or two is hanging out where you're skiing, just go ski anywhere else on the whole freakin' lake!!!!!! 90% of the fish live in 10% of the water, THAT's why the bass boat can't go anywhere else. But the jackhole wake boats, and pontoons, and jet skis, and that ignorant-@#$@ blankety-blank in the Miami Vice cigar boat that sounds like a top-fuel dragster just insists on going round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth, making waves that crash the bank so hard that huge waves splash several feet in the air. Two weeks ago I was fishing along a bank and the wakes were hitting so hard they would hit underneath the boat docks and come up through the cracks in the boards!!!!!! You could have made circles pulling those snot-nosed kids ANYWHERE on the lake, but NOOOOOOO!!!...you insisted to ruin my fishing in that small pocket.

Bass boat drivers understand that zipping by you at 70MPH makes very little wake disturbance, that's often why they do it (but you think they're being rude or dangerous). When I'm in my bass boat and another bass boat is going to come near me (say coming out of pocket with a narrow opening), I always want them to get on plane and run by me FAST!!!! Don't idle by, it makes waves three times as big. It's the WAVES, do you understand that??????

Also, bass boats have $3,000 television screens at the steering wheel showing the bottom contour. Again, when I zip by close to you running 70, it's also probably because I know it's 18" deep with stumps over there, so I HAVE to run that close to you!!!!! But the dumbarse pleasure boats run right across that shallow stump field, just waving and being friendly, having ZERO freakin' clue they might knock the foot off their motor any second.
Posted By: William

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/06/19 01:32 PM

The only thing I fish from May-Sept is the Cahaba River and perhaps a creek or pond. I'm no longer fighting the heat and the idiots. My absolute FAVORITE time to fish is from opening day of gun season to the end of Feb.

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/06/19 01:36 PM

And I can't tell you how many times I ask myself during a fishing day, "What's so fun about just riding a boat????" You look around everywhere and there's pontoons with blue hairs, and ski boats with 831 fraternity goobers, just riding around. You don't do that crap in your car!!! It's like, dang, is your life really that simpleton and boring that you've never been on a boat before? Like people lose their dang minds to just go ride on a boat. I guess I'm just spoiled that I've spent a lifetime on a boat, maybe I take it for granted, I don't know. I just don't tell the wife, "Hey, let's go jump in the car and ride down to the dam and back." She'd say, "What the heck for?" And that's EXACTLY what I think every time I see 10,974 pontoon boats just ridin' up and down the river. People just sitting there looking dumb, like they're on a child's Six Flags ride for the first time,

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/06/19 01:55 PM

Lost me there, I like riding boats
Posted By: Ben2

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/06/19 02:19 PM

I really like when the pleasure boats are out it helps fishing in my opinion. It keeps bait and fish stirred up and active. I dont like running when they are out there but would dang sure rather fish around them than have slick calm water to fish.
Posted By: klay

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/06/19 02:25 PM

Why can't everyone get along? Last week I fished Monday through Friday, five straight days. Saturday, I pulled kids on an inertube behind a pontoon boat for 8 hours. This Sunday, after church, iin going to take out a big bow rider and just cruise the lake all afternoon. You just have to be versatile! cool
Posted By: GKelly

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/06/19 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by ikillbux
Bass boat drivers understand that zipping by you at 70MPH makes very little wake disturbance, that's often why they do it (but you think they're being rude or dangerous). When I'm in my bass boat and another bass boat is going to come near me (say coming out of pocket with a narrow opening), I always want them to get on plane and run by me FAST!!!! Don't idle by, it makes waves three times as big. It's the WAVES, do you understand that??????

this never fails a pleasure boater will come in on plane then slow down and swamp the boat as they pass trying to be courteous not realizing they throw off more wake like that. when they wave I always wave back 🖕
Posted By: joshm28

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/07/19 02:53 PM

Those boats have just as much right to the lake as you. I have a wake boat and a bass boat. I keep the wake boat in the main channel 99% of the time. If you are trying to fish the main channel on weekends then tough chit. There’s plenty of spots for fishing where there won’t be pleasure boats.

I fish weekends to some but it’s early or late in the day before the pleasure boats get out.
Posted By: BPI

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/07/19 03:02 PM

There are always two sides to a coin.

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/07/19 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by joshm28
Those boats have just as much right to the lake as you. I have a wake boat and a bass boat. I keep the wake boat in the main channel 99% of the time. If you are trying to fish the main channel on weekends then tough chit. There’s plenty of spots for fishing where there won’t be pleasure boats.

I fish weekends to some but it’s early or late in the day before the pleasure boats get out.

THIS is the evidence of my point. People really do NOT believe everybody has the same right to the water, they just don't. This same concept wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else, there'd be 500 laws introduced to legislature! There was a Facebook post on the Logan Martin Tournaments page on Memorial Day weekend from a local marine police who has begun posting frequently (I'm still not convinced he isn't a troll), basically encouraging fishermen to just not come to the river. Why wouldn't he encourage the pleasure boaters not to come?????? If you don't see this subconscious bias, then you're not being honest. The subconscious bias is that the river is primarily for pleasure boaters, and you can fish if you're willing to put up with the ocean-like waves and muddy, washed-out banks. Every remark you hear carries the connotation that the river is for pleasure boats, and you can try to fish if you just absolutely have to.

If you could only ride in your small car on the highway at first light and last light, but had to go home and get off the roads once the semis got out for the day, they'd outlaw semis.

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/07/19 04:10 PM

And I can't tell you how many times I ask myself during a fishing day, "What's so fun about just riding a boat????" You look around everywhere and there's pontoons with blue hairs, and ski boats with 831 fraternity goobers, just riding around. You don't do that crap in your car!!! It's like, dang, is your life really that simpleton and boring that you've never been on a boat before? Like people lose their dang minds to just go ride on a boat. I guess I'm just spoiled that I've spent a lifetime on a boat, maybe I take it for granted, I don't know. I just don't tell the wife, "Hey, let's go jump in the car and ride down to the dam and back." She'd say, "What the heck for?" And that's EXACTLY what I think every time I see 10,974 pontoon boats just ridin' up and down the river. People just sitting there looking dumb, like they're on a child's Six Flags ride for the first time,

I'll have three bikini clad women, soaking up the margaritas, on my cruising boat while you're pouring sweat and bitching about the fish not biting.

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/07/19 04:25 PM

Why wouldn't he encourage the pleasure boaters not to come??????

I think why would he, is the better question
Posted By: Drake322

Re: i hope there are some fishermen on my jury - 06/07/19 04:30 PM

Also, bass boats have $3,000 television screens at the steering wheel showing the bottom contour. Again, when I zip by close to you running 70, it's also probably because I know it's 18" deep with stumps over there, so I HAVE to run that close to you!!!!! But the dumbarse pleasure boats run right across that shallow stump field, just waving and being friendly, having ZERO freakin' clue they might knock the foot off their motor any second.

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have said this for years. "I know there is a 4 foot diameter stump right there" and they NEVER HIT IT! I believe there should be some sort of IQ test to own a boat................................
© 2024 ALDEER.COM