Aldeer.com

Weiss

Posted By: ikillbux

Weiss - 07/11/17 08:55 AM

Alright, somebody give up the deep dark secrets about Weiss. I have a tournament up there this Saturday (no, not the Coosa Trail). I've only ever been on Weiss two times, and the most recent time was probably 15 years ago. I know the idea is to fish grass till the sun gets up, then go to docks and ledges, but I don't even know which part of the lake to stay on (I'd really prefer to fish ledges). We are putting in at Bay Springs. If I come out of Bay Springs and hit the main river, are there ledges right there?
Posted By: William

Re: Weiss - 07/11/17 09:42 AM

I've won a couple of tournaments in Bay Springs. All the docks in there are good to fish. Find some grass close and then fish those for the rest of the day.

I guess I don't have to tell you to be careful. Weiss is easily the most dangerous lake in the state.
Posted By: hootie

Re: Weiss - 07/11/17 12:27 PM

fish the right side ledge from bay springs

going upriver toward yellow creek using crankbaits and c rig expect to hang up often you might want a plug knocker
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Weiss - 07/11/17 08:48 PM

Sorta the MRI "most recent information" I was given today too... fish all the docks in and just outside of Bay Springs, the white pole markers going left and right on the main river outside of Bay Springs are good.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM