Aldeer.com

lay lake reports

Posted By: HBWALKER14

lay lake reports - 04/20/17 08:12 AM

With the front pushing in late saturday evening i think im going to try and get some fishing in. What are the hitting down there? I have fished the lake 3 times now and caught 1 fish. Any advice would be great. thanks.
Posted By: William

Re: lay lake reports - 04/20/17 08:48 AM

What are you fishing for? Where are you putting in?

Re: lay lake reports - 04/20/17 08:59 AM

Bass fishing. Will either put in at beeswax or down at the launch off 440
Posted By: William

Re: lay lake reports - 04/20/17 09:29 AM

There will be a wildcat or two out of Beeswax on Saturday. Not sure how crowded it will be.

There's a shad spawn going on. Be around the grass first thing in the morning throwing your favorite moving bait. If you get bites, don't be afraid to go back and flip those same areas.

The guy that won the Nation tourney there had all spots fishing the ledges around Beeswax. That seemed odd to me, but that's what he said. Second place had all spots too and was fishing bluffs. Everyone after that was in the grass swimming a jig or flipping.

Re: lay lake reports - 04/20/17 10:07 AM

Thanks william. I appreciate the advice. hopefully i can hook into a few decent fish out there
Posted By: Ben2

Re: lay lake reports - 04/20/17 08:36 PM

Fish should finally be post spawn and some fish will be guarding fry. Trick worm or senko in shallow spawning areas of running grass. Swim jig, flip the deeper willow grass. Transition banks will be where the big girls are feeding as they move back out

Re: lay lake reports - 04/21/17 09:05 AM

10-4
© 2024 ALDEER.COM