Aldeer.com

How many days a year do you fish??

Posted By: daniel white

How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 10:53 AM

Title says it all. I am talking about public reservoirs, not farm ponds...

I am probably on the lake somewhere around 150+ days a year.. Just wandering about these complaining post on how often they see it, or it happens
Posted By: Shaneomac1

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 10:57 AM

Wish i could be on that many times but work messes things up. Im in the neighborhood of probably 60-65 i would guess.
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 11:03 AM

20-25 some years.... 70-80 others... All depends on what the kids got going on ball wise....
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 11:27 AM

1-2 not counting ponds. 15-20 including ponds and saltwater
Posted By: Big Al

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 11:28 AM

3 or 4 times a year. And that's only when I get asked as I don't have a boat. Have fished from the bank at Guntersville.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 11:32 AM

Not enough
Posted By: dnolen

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 01:58 PM

On average I was on the water 3 or 4 days a week til my boat quit floating.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 02:35 PM

A bunch 3-4 days a week for most of the year. I usually fish friday Saturday and Sunday then try to squeeze in another day or two thru the week. Once it gets cool enough im usually hunting the corp land eith my squirrel dogs and fishing part of yhe day.I'll never have a fat savings account or a big house on the hill because of it but I'll be happy. I'm about to hook the boat up now and head out
Posted By: Blong

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 02:46 PM

On the ms river at least every other weekend may-August
Posted By: skintback

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 02:50 PM

75-80 days or so
Posted By: Aaron_H

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 02:52 PM

maybe 50 to 70? Not exactly sure.
Posted By: NickC

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 03:02 PM

Not enough
Posted By: IDOT

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 04:42 PM

About 5 or so on the actual lake (Need a Boat) No telling how much fishing ponds, shoreline etc.

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: IDOT
About 5 or so on the actual lake (Need a Boat) No telling how much fishing ponds, shoreline etc.

I thought you rebuilt a sharp boat?
Posted By: IDOT

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 04:59 PM

I got to tied up with work, pregnant wife etc to finish it. Ended up selling it last year. frown
Posted By: top cat

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 06:24 PM

So far...........one
Posted By: AC870

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb
A bunch 3-4 days a week for most of the year. I usually fish friday Saturday and Sunday then try to squeeze in another day or two thru the week. Once it gets cool enough im usually hunting the corp land eith my squirrel dogs and fishing part of yhe day.I'll never have a fat savings account or a big house on the hill because of it but I'll be happy. I'm about to hook the boat up now and head out

I'd like to hear more about hunting and fishing the same day. Got to thinking about that myself the other day and wondered if it was worth the effort.
Posted By: skip

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 07:11 PM

150-160 days a year slow trolling,spider rigging or dockshooting for crappie.
Posted By: Stob

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 07:15 PM

Reservoir? ZERO!

Creeks, small places? 15-20 ,Not nearly enough.
Posted By: Farmer64

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 07:40 PM

As much as I can. Fixin to retire so that will go up.
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 08:43 PM

I average about twice per week from February to September, then it lessens during hunting season. I may go 10 times total during deer season. So, what is that, 75-80? I too am boatless right now...sold boat, sold house, in transition. Been a little less frequent the past month.
Posted By: Ryano

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 08:49 PM

Not enough. When I do get on the water I am there for 8 hrs or more normally. sometimes Ill hit it after work a couple of hours but I cant seem to quit after a few hrs.
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 08:50 PM

50ish
Posted By: TR62

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 08:53 PM

I'm pretty sure I hate fishing. But I go 3 times a week to make sure.
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 08:59 PM

Probably average about 3 times a week from Feb 1st- end of Sept. So maybe around 100-120 Fishing? During the winter it depends how much I duck hunt, So add maybe 10 more to that number.That seems like alot to me but It's gotta be fairly accurate. It helps that Lake G is half a mile from my driveway.

Ask my ole lady how often I'm on the water fishing and she'll tell you 575dozen times a year.
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: TR62

I'm gonna have to use that one on my woman.
Posted By: Clem

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 09:03 PM

300-plus, but probably 99% of that in our five neighborhood lakes. Usually go every day at least an hour or two.
Posted By: AU_trout_bum

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 09:29 PM

Well, I've gone 12 times in the last month. If I can keep that pace up, that's 144 days/year.

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: IDOT
I got to tied up with work, pregnant wife etc to finish it. Ended up selling it last year. frown

Dang man, that thing was sharp,

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: skip
150-160 days a year slow trolling,spider rigging or dockshooting for crappie.

SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH... Aint got tell everybody how you catch them... laugh laugh
Posted By: icducks

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 10:30 PM

100-150
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By: AC870

I'd like to hear more about hunting and fishing the same day. Got to thinking about that myself the other day and wondered if it was worth the effort.

It really overlaps early on the year. I'll go throw a top water the first hour in the morning then I'll go slip around and try to kill a hog. Did that one morning last year first weekend of October and killed 4 hogs with my .22. I just try to get the most out of my trips. Usually if I kill something it's time to head home. I got the deer or hog as quick as I can if it's warm then i cut there back legs like I'm going to hang them tie a rope thru there thrown them in the water and drag them out in the middle of the river to cool. I'll sink them atleast 10-15 feet

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Clem

300-plus, but probably 99% of that in our five neighborhood lakes. Usually go every day at least an hour or two.

Thats awesome, if I ever can't run dogs anymore, I will fish full time probably

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/22/15 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: AC870

We have hunted till late morning came in eat dinner, then go back out and long line troll for crappie, be back around dark, and fillet crappie. Or vice versa, troll in am, and hunt PM... Get you some Hitek rod holder and you'll be set
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/23/15 07:14 AM

I don't fish freshwater often but when I do it's early spring. Fish early my friends.
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/23/15 10:48 AM

lol Don't know why, but that reminds me of the guy that said he knew he wasn't gay because he tried it and didn't like it.
Posted By: jacannon

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/23/15 03:51 PM

I start crabbing right after deer season ends and pull my traps around the first of Oct. I mullet fish 2 or 3 days a week to keep my traps baited and have fish to eat.
Posted By: Fireman12

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/23/15 03:53 PM

30-40 for me
Posted By: BobK

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/28/15 03:10 PM

Probably 25
Posted By: Cletus

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/28/15 08:38 PM

Not nearly as much as I want. Hopefully when my boy gets a little older and can come along I will get after them a little harder.
Posted By: rut_n_strut75

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 06/28/15 09:03 PM

40-50
Posted By: CAL

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 07/09/15 03:30 PM

Freshwater maybe 2-3, offshore probably 25
Posted By: rolltidehunter

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 07/09/15 03:44 PM

40-60
Posted By: huntsicka

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 07/10/15 07:28 AM

120-150 out of my yak..lol

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 07/10/15 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By: huntsicka
120-150 out of my yak..lol

How many of them days you whooping a fella??? laugh
Posted By: DryFire

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 07/10/15 04:18 PM

Not enough. My boat is stored at a friends house up in Columbia, TN until I buy a house here. I've tried some local ponds around Huntsville and the Flint River. But I want to drift for cats or striped bass on the Tennessee River or some other large body of water.

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 07/10/15 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: TexasNative
Not enough. My boat is stored at a friends house up in Columbia, TN until I buy a house here. I've tried some local ponds around Huntsville and the Flint River. But I want to drift for cats or striped bass on the Tennessee River or some other large body of water.

Your less than 10 minutes from the best fishing in Alabama. Tn, and paint rock river. Fish below the Dam.. Bump bottom for them catfish..
Posted By: dquick1

Re: How many days a year do you fish?? - 07/13/15 04:52 PM

I have been saying I was going to sell all my fishing stuff for the last 5 years, but I keep on going.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM