Aldeer.com

outboard question

Posted By: deerkiller24

outboard question - 04/05/15 07:26 PM

I have a 81 evinrude 25hp. It pulls fine at low speed but when you give it the gas it starts revving high but want pull. Its like the prop just stops pulling..does anybody know what this could be thinks.
Posted By: klay

Re: outboard question - 04/05/15 07:39 PM

Probably the hub in the prop slipping. New prop or get that one rebuilt.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: outboard question - 04/05/15 07:43 PM

I don't think those props have hubs just a shear pin. I may be wrong though

Re: outboard question - 04/05/15 08:00 PM

Everything I've been able to find and read witch ain't much..but said the hud slipping. I took the prop out and it looks fine. Guess ill order a new one and see it that fixes it.
Posted By: Megatrondiablo

Re: outboard question - 04/05/15 08:24 PM

Could it be cavitating?

Re: outboard question - 04/05/15 08:59 PM

What's cavitating mean.. its on a 14×48 flat bottom if that helps.
Posted By: WarTiger

Re: outboard question - 04/05/15 09:01 PM

^^^ Sounds like cavitation to me, basically the prop is creating an air pocket in the water and losing traction. My experience with cavitation has been either the motor sits too high, the prop is dinged up and damaged, and once I had an aluminum boat that would just randomly cavitate in choppy water. I added a hydrafoil and never had another issue.

Re: outboard question - 04/05/15 09:04 PM

Make sure the cavitation plate on the motor is even with bottom of the boat.

Re: outboard question - 04/05/15 09:18 PM

I've only had the motor about 2 months. it came on a 14×36 took it to the river it slipped once the whole time..2nd time it done it a few times. So i put it on my 14×48 and it does it every time i get on it..the hub might have went out or it is cavitation. Ill see if it's even with the bottom of the boat. Thinks for the replies.

Re: outboard question - 04/05/15 09:28 PM

I would think most 14 footers are short transom designed for a 16" engine but I guess there's a chance that the 1448 could be a tall transom designed for a 20".

Re: outboard question - 04/05/15 09:41 PM

Yep its cavitation. I had a 25 on a 14 ft flat bottom. If the angle was wrong on the motor it would do it every time.

Re: outboard question - 04/05/15 10:03 PM

I kinda feel dumb for not checking the angle of the motor. Just went outside and looked. The angle pin is in the top hole. Could be my problem.

Re: outboard question - 04/05/15 10:07 PM

Not dumb at all. I put mine on the bottom and it ran fine. I forgot how many holes there are you can play with it to get the best speed.
Posted By: daniel white

Re: outboard question - 04/05/15 10:11 PM

Does it push alot of wake? Or just dont go? Seems like if it was on wrong hole, it would still push alot of wake, just not plane out...

Re: outboard question - 04/05/15 11:13 PM

Makes good wakes. Long as your at 1/4 throttle its fine. If you hit the gas to take off it starts going but soon as the rpm's go up it revives up but stops pulling. But when you let back out of it it catches and Starts pulling again. It's like when you're putting pressure on it it stops going.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM