Aldeer.com

Best way to keep chickens from 💩ing in their water

Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Best way to keep chickens from 💩ing in their water - 05/27/23 06:03 PM

lay it on me - tried making a “cheap” 5 gal bucket waterer & it didnt work & ended up not being cheap 😡🤬 i’m sick of walking out to green, smelly water that makes you want to puke
Posted By: Hayzeus

Re: Best way to keep chickens from 💩ing in their water - 05/27/23 08:04 PM

Water has to be higher than their ass.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Best way to keep chickens from 💩ing in their water - 05/27/23 11:38 PM

Use nipple drinkers. Problem solved, forever.

Re: Best way to keep chickens from 💩ing in their water - 05/28/23 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin

👍🏻 TY sir
Posted By: BearBranch

Re: Best way to keep chickens from 💩ing in their water - 05/28/23 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by FurFlyin

This^^^
I’ll take a pic of mine tomorrow and post it up.

Re: Best way to keep chickens from 💩ing in their water - 05/28/23 01:13 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Best way to keep chickens from 💩ing in their water - 05/28/23 01:16 PM

Only have to add water in extreme drought. Rainwater normally keeps it full.[Linked Image]
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Best way to keep chickens from 💩ing in their water - 05/28/23 02:06 PM

BearBranch, those aren't exactly what I was talking about. I worked in the poultry industry for 19 years and I've never seen any exactly like you posted. The ones I'm talking about hang straight down. What kind are those?

These are what I'm talking about. I've seen them screwed into the bottom of 5 gallon buckets, or used on PVC like this:

https://www.qcsupply.com/hanging-tube-waterer-6-nipples.html?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google|Shopping|NB|All_Products|ALL|ALL|ALL|FM&utm_content=490958302923&utm_term=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw98ujBhCgARIsAD7QeAhi9VjYKRsBVAAOIKOyDOan6X01nBDUsL4XFCjdZXbCEBtGpd1G0ewaAufIEALw_wcB
Posted By: Dkhargroves

Re: Best way to keep chickens from 💩ing in their water - 05/28/23 02:39 PM

I bought some bowl type that you mount to bucket. Waste of damn money. Getting the nipples soon.

Bearbranch, those are some nice black copper marans
Posted By: brushwhacker

Re: Best way to keep chickens from 💩ing in their water - 05/29/23 12:16 AM

Dang that’s what I need . I catch rain water in barrels anyway . Get me some them make me one bout 10 ft . I got lots chickens

Re: Best way to keep chickens from 💩ing in their water - 08/22/23 01:39 PM

welp this is the last project on my to-do list - nipple waterers setup like BearBranch’s above
i’ve remodeled the opposite side of my GF’s barn as a much bigger, improved coop
Posted By: BC

Re: Best way to keep chickens from 💩ing in their water - 08/22/23 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by BamaGuitarDude
welp this is the last project on my to-do list - nipple waterers setup like BearBranch’s above
i’ve remodeled the opposite side of my GF’s barn as a much bigger, improved coop

This is the way to go. I had two 55 gallon drums on a table I made and plumbed together with shut off valves. Ran the pipe into the coop and then 90'd it down the wall and put 20 nipples on it. Never had a moments trouble with it until I got some dumbass turkeys and they kept breaking the nipples and draining the system. I always wanted to do the rainwater thing but I'd fill those two drums up and wouldn't have to fool with it again for over a year.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Best way to keep chickens from 💩ing in their water - 08/22/23 02:38 PM

FRYEM..
Posted By: Paint Rock 00

Re: Best way to keep chickens from 💩ing in their water - 08/22/23 09:23 PM

https://carolinacoopsflockshop.com/products/horizontal-side-mount-chicken-waterer-nipples
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Best way to keep chickens from 💩ing in their water - 08/29/23 02:28 AM

I have a Little Giant 8 gallon waterer but thought the nips would be the way to go.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM