Aldeer.com

I ain't complaining...

Posted By: BhamFred

I ain't complaining... - 07/26/20 03:39 PM

Lordy it is humid in the garden this am, last couple of rains have boosted it up some. Picked squash, green beans, okra, tomatoes. Gotta go back for pinkeyes today too. Thank you Lord for this bounty.
Posted By: top cat

Re: I ain't complaining... - 07/26/20 06:19 PM

Only thing good about warm weather. We had some fresh silver queen, tomatoes and banana peppers with some pintos and cornbread. Also cut some tenderized pork chops into fingers and cooked them shake and bake style. Great Sunday lunch.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: I ain't complaining... - 07/26/20 08:31 PM

Our garden has steady been pumping out veggies for weeks now. Starting to look like a farmers market around here. Cant walk anywhere without tripping over a basket of something. Been a busy summer for sure. My wife has been a canning machine
Posted By: BigCountry062307

Re: I ain't complaining... - 07/27/20 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by jwalker77
Our garden has steady been pumping out veggies for weeks now. Starting to look like a farmers market around here. Cant walk anywhere without tripping over a basket of something. Been a busy summer for sure. My wife has been a canning machine

thumbup
Posted By: oldandwise

Re: I ain't complaining... - 07/27/20 11:19 PM

Tomatoes keeping me busy
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: I ain't complaining... - 07/27/20 11:37 PM

I’ve picked 10 full sized tomatoes in the Last 3 days. The jubilee and Cherokee purples have been the first to ripen up here. I think it’s pretty good for a newbie.
Posted By: Stob

Re: I ain't complaining... - 07/28/20 01:56 AM

I've got 2 dozen banana peppers on the dehydrator and another 2 dozen in the fridge ready for frying tomorrow.
Noticed today i've got green tomatoes and they're still blooming.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: I ain't complaining... - 07/28/20 02:09 AM

Tomatoes and cucumbers are done here. Still picking purple hulls and lots of okra. Last patch of corn is putting on silks now. Dug a couple buckets of sweet potatoes on some we planted early. The Cherokee tan and Seminole pumpkin are putting pumpkins on now. Things are winding down now and starting to get ground ready for the fall/ winter gardens. Also I’m not complaining either but I agree with Mr. Fred. The heat and humidity is rough down her.
Posted By: inatree

Re: I ain't complaining... - 07/28/20 06:45 AM

Mines trying to be there. Corn and beans didn't make, but squash, peppers had tomatoes are trying.
Posted By: alhawk

Re: I ain't complaining... - 07/28/20 04:50 PM

My tomatoes and okra are still doing well. Cucumbers are done.
Two Tabasco peppers side by side. One has probably close to 100 peppers and the other has 8......
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: I ain't complaining... - 07/29/20 03:25 PM

just replanted better boys and cucumbers. Picking okra and purple hulls today, maters still producing.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM