Aldeer.com

What is your best producer?

Posted By: jono23

What is your best producer? - 04/29/17 09:33 PM

What do you consider to be your best producer? What is your favorite thing to grow?

We don't get to have much of a garden this year since we are living in a temporary house...but our basil plants in pots are going crazy this year. We have already made a few batches of pesto and some bruschetta.
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: What is your best producer? - 04/29/17 10:13 PM

We always do real well for peppers and tomatoes, but squash, when I plant it, is the big producer.
Posted By: Luke Stepp

Re: What is your best producer? - 04/29/17 11:47 PM

Hot peppers will make a fella think he's good enough to start a truck patch. I'm always over-run with jalapenos.

I overwintered some super-hots that grew real slow in their first year, and those things were close to looking like full grown mimosa trees at the end of the summer. Jokers were so hot I couldn't find a use for them.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: What is your best producer? - 04/30/17 07:57 AM

La Purple green beans
Posted By: Maggie123

Re: What is your best producer? - 04/30/17 08:43 AM

Last year my tomatoes were the best producer. Looking good on that front again this year but so far the onion patch has delivered big time already.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: What is your best producer? - 04/30/17 10:28 AM

My Dixondale onions are looking real good, esp the Super Sweet 100s.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: What is your best producer? - 04/30/17 12:41 PM

I really enjoy growing watermelons. I grew up hearing my dad talk about how when he was a kid he hoed watermelons all summer and I'm lucky to not have to do the same. He always spoke of it fondly....strangly. Any how I have good luck with my dirt and watermelons. I grow some dang bigguns too. I mainly grow desert king yellow water melons but I grow about 5 hill's of Carolina crosses too. It's hard to beat sitting on the porch with my girl's chowing down on a cold melon . Good memories right there son !
Posted By: jaredhunts

Re: What is your best producer? - 04/30/17 08:07 PM

Squash!
Posted By: PaschalBD

Re: What is your best producer? - 05/01/17 12:49 PM

Cucumbers by the truck load!
Posted By: Maggie123

Re: What is your best producer? - 05/01/17 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By: BhamFred
My Dixondale onions are looking real good, esp the Super Sweet 100s.

Mine to man!! I have never had such good luck with onions; thanks for the Dixondale tip!!! I have already picked out of them five times and still have a butt load growing.
Posted By: G/H

Re: What is your best producer? - 05/01/17 02:11 PM

Peppers. Wish it was squash
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: What is your best producer? - 05/02/17 09:06 AM

Hard to beat squash/zucchini and Tomatoes for sheer volume to space ratio.
Posted By: Lonster

Re: What is your best producer? - 05/02/17 09:52 AM

Usually squash for me.
Posted By: Dkhargroves

Re: What is your best producer? - 05/06/17 07:53 AM

Squash and cayennes
© 2024 ALDEER.COM