Posted By: Huntn2feed5

Pyrenees - 01/11/24 09:10 PM

I know they are protectors for your herd.How are they with chickens
Posted By: turkey_killer

Re: Pyrenees - 01/13/24 04:54 AM

Very good

Re: Pyrenees - 01/23/24 01:33 AM

Next question does anyone have one for sale? Or know someone that sells them?
Posted By: Woody1

Re: Pyrenees - 01/28/24 04:37 AM

Have you ever thought about an Anatolian Shepherd? Our female just had pups.

Re: Pyrenees - 01/30/24 03:43 PM

I just bought a Pyrenees Saturday of I would have considered it.
Posted By: Woody1

Re: Pyrenees - 01/31/24 01:03 AM

Awesome!!! Ive never had a Pyrenees but I’ve heard they’re great dogs also.
Posted By: Buckwheat

Re: Pyrenees - 01/31/24 01:46 PM

Might as well go ahead and purchase a small Log Skidder for moving there Turds!!
Posted By: 000buck

Re: Pyrenees - 02/02/24 11:57 AM

Not being a pecker head here. But have you thought about how much it will cost to feed him per year versus what he will protect? A lot of folks around here will get one for a few goats, and chickens etc. they really don’t do much except booger bark 99% of the time. Maybe your will do good for you. And as much as they eat it’ll take $1200 plus dollars a year to keep one fed. Like I said not being a pecker head, just when you farm for a living you gotta look at all aspects. A lot of folks have gotten into hobby farming now cause of social media. And it’s spreads disease around like wildfire, all these Facebook sales and little auctions. Way more critters will die from sickness most times than predators. Build a good chicken coop and good fences and don’t have to worry about much. Every now and then a predator will get a hen or something outside of you ain’t careful. Good luck with your dog man, hope he makes a good worker and companion for y’all.
Posted By: Paint Rock 00

Re: Pyrenees - 02/03/24 02:17 AM

Great friendly dogs. Yes will protect everything. They eat alot and there kaka will stall out a lawnmower.
Posted By: johnv

Re: Pyrenees - 02/03/24 03:39 AM

Maybe my neighbors just had real crappy ones but all they did was visit all my food plots about once a day and bark at me everytime they saw me
Posted By: 000buck

Re: Pyrenees - 02/05/24 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by johnv
Maybe my neighbors just had real crappy ones but all they did was visit all my food plots about once a day and bark at me everytime they saw me

Nope, that’s what 90% of em end up doing. Folks make out how good they are alot of times. They hear them bark outside and think they are running off critters, or they say how many coyotes the dogs killed or ran down and caught. Which coyotes don’t do 10% of the livestock damage they get blamed on. They eat a fresh dead critter, or ones that’s got one let in the grave most times. And folks think they was what killed the livestock. Facebook and hole in the wall livestock auctions have killed way more livestock that predators. Not knocking anyone’s dog, just how I see it.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM