Aldeer.com

Crate

Posted By: twaldrop4

Crate - 06/02/18 03:53 PM

Someone recommend a crate for transporting my dog. I have a 70# lab. He rides in the bed great but in cooler weather or when I'm hunting i want something to put him in. I'm looking at the ruff tough.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Crate - 06/02/18 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by twaldrop4
Someone recommend a crate for transporting my dog. I have a 70# lab. He rides in the bed great but in cooler weather or when I'm hunting i want something to put him in. I'm looking at the ruff tough.

The cab of the truck
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: Crate - 06/02/18 04:26 PM

nope
Posted By: Fishduck

Re: Crate - 06/02/18 06:25 PM

A Ruff Tuff would be a good choice for the bed of the truck. Dog stands a chance if you are in a wreck. In cold weather a kennel cover is very important. I would recommend a Mud River kennel cover and a Wet Mutt mat. We duck hunt in some pretty extreme temps and the dogs ride in the back of the Ranger, in the kennels with a cover. It is toasty warm from body heat and the mat lets the water drain off the dog. Just be sure to leave the zipper door open slightly for ventilation.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Crate - 06/05/18 12:58 PM

Just an regular crate from any pet store does fine for my lab no matter the weather she always loads right up. Never froze to death or caught on fire.
Posted By: Mully

Re: Crate - 06/05/18 02:07 PM

For 12.5yrs I have had a large Petmate Pet Porter in the bed of my truck virtually the entire time. After all these years of keeping my lab and now lab/boykin in it it's finally starting to crack badly in the corner below the door. I plan to replace it in the very near future with a large Rough Tough for a little more added protection in case we were to have an accident. I looked at the Gunner kennels but the price is ridiculous and I'm not sure that for twice the price of Rough Tough that you gain much more protection.
Posted By: juice

Re: Crate - 06/05/18 07:15 PM

I would get a rough tuff or gunner kennel. Please don’t ride the dog loose in the bed. That’s just asking to get it killed. Labs look for enough strange ways to die on their own, there is no reason to help them.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Crate - 06/08/18 09:36 PM

I think I got mine at Academy or Walmarks. Bought a good kennel cover and put a mat in it and my dog was good to go. You can go ultra high dollar kennel and Mud River cover if you want but not necessary.

Dr. B
Posted By: mauvilla

Re: Crate - 07/03/18 08:44 PM

I have two Ruff Tough kennels for my GSP’s they have nothing but great. The Gunner kennels are super nice but I can’t pay $400-500 for a kennel. If you get the Ruff Tough you will have to order the tie down accessories for it to have a tie down point , that’s my only complaint
© 2024 ALDEER.COM