Aldeer.com

Thwack.......Bama Style

Posted By: Squeaky

Thwack.......Bama Style - 01/20/12 01:33 AM

Well guy's I decided to give it another few days before I tossed in the towel this year. I had a goal to kill my best Bama bow buck this year and it finally worked out. I was blessed with this mature buck Wednesday morning.

He was being a smart son of gun. I was set up on the edge of a hardwood drain and some planted pines. He came slipping through the young pine plantation scent checking all the trails leading into the hardwood drain I was hunting. I just so happened to have a nice little entrance trail to my stand cut through the pines. I turn to see his rack sticking out behind the briars which puts his horns center of my entrance trail. I know he's a shooter right away so I stand up and grab my bow. I know he is around 25 yards so I set the HHA sight for the correct yardage. By the time I get drawn on him he is now quartering away. I settle the pin just in front of his right hind quarter with plans so send my arrow through the boiler room. I touch the release and at the sound he lunges forward causing the arrow to hit him in the hind quarter. I got excellent penetration as the arrow passed through the ham and out the bottom of his belly. The TI rage cut a massive hole and the blood trail was big enough a blind man could follow it.

However, I was still concerned with the shot so I elected to recover him this morning. I know it was a lot of time but after losing one last week I did not want to push this deer what's so ever. I am not proud of the shot and have learned a valuable lesson the past few weeks while bow hunting late season Bama deer. Shots you would normally make with no problem don't work on these deer. They are as fast as grease lighting and any unnatural sound literally makes them do some Matrix type evasive maneuvers.

In closing I would like to say thank you "God" for blessing me with an AWESOME season!!!

Now here are the pics...enjoy!!

Posted By: bwhunter

Re: Thwack.......Bama Style - 01/20/12 01:51 AM

Congatulations Mike on a great hunting season. That's an awesome Bama bowkill.
Posted By: BDhunts

Re: Thwack.......Bama Style - 01/20/12 01:56 AM

WTG Mike, great job!!!
Posted By: Leprechaun24

Re: Thwack.......Bama Style - 01/20/12 02:02 AM

Nice buck congrats
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Thwack.......Bama Style - 01/20/12 02:28 AM

Good 'un. Congrats on a hard earned trophy.
Posted By: Andrew Morton

Re: Thwack.......Bama Style - 01/20/12 02:41 AM

Excellent Deer, thanks for sharing with us...
Posted By: Megatrondiablo

Re: Thwack.......Bama Style - 01/20/12 03:36 AM

Good bow kill!!
Posted By: seven-up

Re: Thwack.......Bama Style - 01/20/12 05:21 AM

Congrats! That is an awesome bow kill.
Posted By: kodiak06

Re: Thwack.......Bama Style - 01/20/12 09:05 AM

Nice buck. CONGRATS!
Posted By: imadeerhntr

Re: Thwack.......Bama Style - 01/20/12 10:08 AM

Congrats
Posted By: 2Dogs

Re: Thwack.......Bama Style - 01/20/12 11:13 AM

Huge congrats, No tougher hunting than big bucks in Bama with a bow after they've been harassed for 2-3 months. You got my respect!
Posted By: Flychucker

Re: Thwack.......Bama Style - 01/20/12 12:39 PM

Congrats
Posted By: ryano34

Re: Thwack.......Bama Style - 01/20/12 02:25 PM

Congrats! Great buck!
Posted By: 04 Spoiler

Re: Thwack.......Bama Style - 01/20/12 03:04 PM

Congratulations buddy, you deserve a great season... That is a fine dang buck. I will talk to you soon buddy...
Posted By: AUdeerhunter

Re: Thwack.......Bama Style - 01/20/12 06:17 PM

Congrats, Mike! Heck of a year!!! thumbup
Posted By: BIG-AL

Re: Thwack.......Bama Style - 01/20/12 07:44 PM

Killer!!!!!!
Posted By: Cleburne

Re: Thwack.......Bama Style - 01/20/12 09:24 PM

Very nice buck, congrats.
Posted By: Bubba4Tide

Re: Thwack.......Bama Style - 01/21/12 12:27 AM

Congrats!