Aldeer.com

Wally World Black Powder 2021

Posted By: Tree Dweller

Wally World Black Powder 2021 - 08/15/21 07:30 PM

A quick scan of available bullets suggests that separately saboted bullets will likely disappear.
Most have a connected poly skirt now. I was gonna have to cross the jordan, so I got some
Power Belt AeroLite 250's. Lemme see how these things fly. This is an alloy bullet that is longer
than my normal Horn. SST's. Saleslady told me their selection of ML Rifles for this year was snatched
up pretty quickly when put out. Think ahead this year.
Posted By: thayerp81

Re: Wally World Black Powder 2021 - 08/16/21 12:47 AM

I’ve had only mediocre results from the power belt bullets, hopefully you have better results.

I’ve been using crusher rib sabots and various pistol bullets for the last few years in various guns and love them. Super cheap, you can use any bullets you want with them, super accurate and they’re the easiest loading sabots I’ve ever used.
Posted By: Cousneddy

Re: Wally World Black Powder 2021 - 08/16/21 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by thayerp81
I’ve had only mediocre results from the power belt bullets, hopefully you have better results.

I’ve been using crusher rib sabots and various pistol bullets for the last few years in various guns and love them. Super cheap, you can use any bullets you want with them, super accurate and they’re the easiest loading sabots I’ve ever used.

Yep, crush rib sabot with a Hornady XTP will work just fine. I’ve shot many different bullets over the years, but this combo has killed many deer.
Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Re: Wally World Black Powder 2021 - 08/17/21 03:39 PM

The walmarks near us never seem to have anything muzzle loader related.
Posted By: coonhunterrn

Re: Wally World Black Powder 2021 - 08/20/21 11:24 AM

Jasper Walmart has good selection of powder and bullets. Even had some blackhorn 209
Posted By: Stoney

Re: Wally World Black Powder 2021 - 09/05/21 01:59 PM

Cathead -- Which WalMart in Shelby County are you shopping at?
Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Re: Wally World Black Powder 2021 - 09/05/21 11:51 PM

Calera
It’s been a while since I went to alabaster or Pelham but never seemed to see stuff there. I went past the one in Brent today and didn’t think to look.

Is there anything you are out of and on the hunt for?
Posted By: Stoney

Re: Wally World Black Powder 2021 - 09/06/21 06:28 PM

Some primers would be great, but haven't seen them anywhere. Bass Pro has black and white pellets and bullets, but no primers
© 2024 ALDEER.COM