Aldeer.com

If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one

Posted By: 1bamashooter

If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/06/24 02:15 AM

This thing is the best chronograph I've had nothing hanging off your barrel no aiming and no LR problems I've put probably 100 rounds down range wit it and it's not missed one single shot! Even with the gel blaster laugh
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/06/24 04:00 AM

Lab Radar has just unveiled their new model chronograph with even more features, the LX model.

Should be available in March.

https://buymylabradar.com/products/labradar-lx-new-product
Posted By: 3% outdoorsman

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/06/24 05:14 AM

Yes I do
Hey does the Garmin show down range BC like the new Caldwell is supposed to ?
I know Caldwell is like welfare bear of long range shooting but thought it was nice it does b.c at long distance.

Right now id take anything over my magneto speed

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/06/24 06:57 PM

You need at least 300yds plus to even get a close BC that's one reason the Garmin doesn't have one on it.
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/07/24 02:36 PM

I tried to tell y'all about a month ago....
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/07/24 02:54 PM

Recording a shot string is all I really need one to do. Looks like a good unit to me. I have a Lab Radar it's ok.

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/07/24 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Goatkiller

Recording a shot string is all I really need one to do. Looks like a good unit to me. I have a Lab Radar it's ok.

The new LabRadar LX will allow you to recall previous shot strings and add more shots. Very helpful when using multiple rifles at the range.
Posted By: stoolshooter

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/07/24 05:01 PM

1bamashooter woe accurate is that gel gun
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/08/24 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG

The new LabRadar LX will allow you to recall previous shot strings and add more shots. Very helpful when using multiple rifles at the range.

Well... we've certainly come a long way since accidentally shooting the crono vanes and ripping off little pieces of calculator tape and stapling them to the targets... grin

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/08/24 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG

Well... we've certainly come a long way since accidentally shooting the crono vanes and ripping off little pieces of calculator tape and stapling them to the targets... grin

If you've never shot your chronograph, you ain't shootin enough.
Posted By: thayerp81

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/08/24 09:34 PM

I'd love either this or a labradar, but simply can't justify the extraordinary difference in price. I could justify if it was double the price of a prochrono, maybe even a little more but at quadruple the price I'm just having a mental block about it

Am I missing something? I hope that I am, but it seems like the main advantage is being able to set it up on the bench right next to you and not having to setup sunshades/ tripod.
Posted By: Gav-n-Tn

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/08/24 09:48 PM

What’s the price point on it?
Posted By: buckhunter2

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/08/24 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by thayerp81
I'd love either this or a labradar, but simply can't justify the extraordinary difference in price. I could justify if it was double the price of a prochrono, maybe even a little more but at quadruple the price I'm just having a mental block about it

Am I missing something? I hope that I am, but it seems like the main advantage is being able to set it up on the bench right next to you and not having to setup sunshades/ tripod.

I’ve seen Labradars sell for as little as $250 since the Xero was introduced.

The main difference is the Xero is extremely small, portable, foolproof to setup, never misses a shot and can be weapon mounted. You can monitor velocity during certain competitions and adjust velocity in your solver real-time if needed.

It’s one of the best advancements in the shooting industry this decade.
Posted By: thayerp81

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/09/24 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Gav-n-Tn

They’re $600

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/09/24 03:14 AM

They’re $600
Dang. I can’t justify it personally.

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/11/24 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by stoolshooter
1bamashooter woe accurate is that gel gun

Enough to tear my kids up with it rofl

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/17/24 02:20 PM

They’re $600
Dang. I can’t justify it personally.
I’m changing my mind pretty quickly. Reading some good reviews on it.
Posted By: odocoileus

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/17/24 06:48 PM

If you’ve ever owned and used the old photo sensor styles, $600 is paltry compared to dealing with the quirks of those things, and with the realization that one day, you’re going to shoot the chronograph. Less fussiness with the new technology, and impressive range of velocity. Look to be way easier to keep up with data than the old beta master I had.

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/20/24 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by 1bamashooter
This thing is the best chronograph I've had nothing hanging off your barrel no aiming and no LR problems I've put probably 100 rounds down range wit it and it's not missed one single shot! Even with the gel blaster laugh
I jumped on the bandwagon. You just cost me $600+. I hope you’re proud of yourself wink

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/21/24 02:43 AM

I jumped on the bandwagon. You just cost me $600+. I hope you’re proud of yourself wink

You will love it!

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 02/25/24 02:08 AM

Mine just delivered this morning.

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 03/04/24 10:54 AM

Make sure you update it version 21 I think it stops it from updating in the middle of a string.

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 03/07/24 02:28 PM

Make sure you update it version 21 I think it stops it from updating in the middle of a string.
I haven’t even taken mine out of the box yet. I’ve been gathering components like a squirrel gathering nuts for winter.

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 03/08/24 01:27 AM

I need a case it's thrown in my range bag now
Posted By: EYESPY

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 03/08/24 03:01 PM

Every time I used my Labradar I wanted to shoot it or throw it in the river. Constantly missed shots, pain to get it to read with a suppressor or brake and ate AA batteries. The Garmin Xero has been awesome resolving all those issues without having to attach a Magneto Speed to your barrel causing a shift in POI.

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 03/16/24 11:56 PM

New case [Linked Image]
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 03/17/24 05:36 PM

I'm assuming that case is from Garmin....I like it

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 03/17/24 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by CKyleC
I'm assuming that case is from Garmin....I like it

No it's a pelican 1060 and foam from here.

https://rangepanda.com/collections/frontpage/products/garmin-xero-c1-pro-case?variant=47776746701113
Posted By: murf205

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 03/26/24 01:57 PM

Chronographs live in a VERY dangerous neighborhood! Sooner or later, if you shoot enough, you're gonna' shoot one....or 2. I ALMOST shot my CZ 527 with my Magneto Speed attached and a wooden dowel in the barrel for alignment purposes. I have been through the old screens that you purposely shot through, an Oehler Model 10 with the dial you twist and then look in the little book to decipher the speed, and a an Oehler 33 and 2 Chrony's 1 of which got shot, so believe me; even though it is $600, it is worth it. I don't have one yet...but I might as well. Leaving $ to the kids that only want a Nintendo...nah.

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 03/27/24 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by murf205
Chronographs live in a VERY dangerous neighborhood! Sooner or later, if you shoot enough, you're gonna' shoot one....or 2. I ALMOST shot my CZ 527 with my Magneto Speed attached and a wooden dowel in the barrel for alignment purposes. I have been through the old screens that you purposely shot through, an Oehler Model 10 with the dial you twist and then look in the little book to decipher the speed, and a an Oehler 33 and 2 Chrony's 1 of which got shot, so believe me; even though it is $600, it is worth it. I don't have one yet...but I might as well. Leaving $ to the kids that only want a Nintendo...nah.

Lol if you shoot this one sitting next to your rifle on the bench they need to sell anything related to a firearm. I've had them all never shot one but this Garmin Xero is a gamechanger. I don't know a single person that regrets their purchase.

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 03/30/24 01:46 AM

Sabots from slug guns are a chronographs worst nightmare along with wads from shot shells. You are right, if you shoot a Garmin, you would not be safe with a rod and reel!!

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 04/20/24 04:07 PM

I just read the specs on the Garmin Xero and it says that the battery is a lithium ion battery but NON replaceable. So if if fails for some reason are you scred out of $600?
Posted By: BCLC

Re: If you haven't got a Garmin Xero you need one - 04/20/24 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by murf205
I just read the specs on the Garmin Xero and it says that the battery is a lithium ion battery but NON replaceable. So if if fails for some reason are you scred out of $600?

If it’s under warranty then Garmin will replace it. If it’s after the warranty expires, follow the online instructions to replace it. You only need a T2 driver to open the case, the battery is plug n’ play and available on Amazon. SnipersHide and ShooterForums have more detailed info if need be.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM