Aldeer.com

Reloading set up

Posted By: stl32

Reloading set up - 01/22/21 03:56 PM

I have wanted to get back into reloading for the last few years, I am thinking about pulling the trigger. Before I do it I had a couple questions.

Reloading rooms, those of you who have dedicated rooms in your house or shop. Do you need to have a climate controlled room? I want to use my shop, insulated metal building. It is not climate controlled, although it is insulated with foam it stays comfortable. I am more concerned with humidity and powder. Am I over thinking it?

Powder storage? Like above dose it need to be kept in a controlled area?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Posted By: roadkill

Re: Reloading set up - 01/22/21 04:24 PM

Don't need climate controlled area but it is nice. Remember that all of the ordnance used in WWI and WW II was made in non climate controlled facilities. I keep a dehumidifier going in my toy room. In summer I'll empty it twice a day. Powder needs to be kept sealed in original container. take out only what you use.
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Reloading set up - 01/22/21 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by roadkill
Don't need climate controlled area but it is nice. Remember that all of the ordnance used in WWI and WW II was made in non climate controlled facilities. I keep a dehumidifier going in my toy room. In summer I'll empty it twice a day. Powder needs to be kept sealed in original container. take out only what you use.

Get a dehumidifier with a pump so you don't have to empty the bucket.
Posted By: Dixiepatriot

Re: Reloading set up - 01/23/21 01:47 AM

Mine is in the basement. I run a dehumidifier in there in the summer. I save those desiccant packs and use them in the containers I store brass and bullets in.
Posted By: woodswalker

Re: Reloading set up - 01/23/21 07:07 PM

I use a workbench in a corner of my basement and don't do anything special for humidity control. In 30+ years I've had no issues.
Posted By: furnfeather

Re: Reloading set up - 01/24/21 12:21 AM

I've got a dedicated area(1/4 of garage)in an attached garage that is a 6' bench with 2 presses on it. On one end of the bench i have a 3' roll around kitchen cabinet i caught on sale at Lowe's i put casters on that can attach to the bench or be a stand alone roll around. Above my bench i have a series of cabinets and lighting. Same for the roll around. Have about 3' left i could add on if needed. I do have central heat/air ran and the entire garage is insulated. When it's 27° out and a 30mph wind blowing towards the door there's no change in the 64° temp i keep it. Same for Summer. If it's 100° out,it's 72°- 75° in the garage. Wherever the thermo is set at
© 2024 ALDEER.COM