Aldeer.com

Ducks

Posted By: Buckwheat

Ducks - 01/24/24 02:13 PM

How has your season been so far? I haven't even bothered to go this year. I Luv it but.....the ROE-"Return on Effort" has gotten slimmer and slimmer the past several years.
Posted By: YellaLineHunter

Re: Ducks - 01/24/24 03:15 PM

Haven’t picked the gun up. 3 hunts. Hope to change that tomorrow hunting this thaw
Posted By: Drake322

Re: Ducks - 01/24/24 03:29 PM

Going on 3 years since I bought stamps. Damn crying shame at the lack of ducks here. But, I will say a few of my "Son's" (they stayed over here all the time), have had some good hunts. But, they were on farm ponds and not Gadwalls eigher.
Posted By: gradythemachine

Re: Ducks - 01/24/24 06:10 PM

Haven't shot a duck this season and dont plan on it, but the speckle belly tally for the season is closing in on 200 id imagine...

Re: Ducks - 01/24/24 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by gradythemachine
Haven't shot a duck this season and dont plan on it, but the speckle belly tally for the season is closing in on 200 id imagine...

Yep......with the Bumper Crop of Specks the last few years have noticed folks are centering there efforts more towards Geese.
Posted By: gman

Re: Ducks - 01/24/24 07:18 PM

Went 2x back at the first of the season. My little "big duck" hole has become a wood duck roost. Both times, I ran woodys out putting out decoys and they didn't come back till dark. Killed 2 gads and a woody the first hunt and a woody and a pair of mallards the second hunt. Gonna try it again friday to close the season.

Re: Ducks - 01/24/24 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Buckwheat

Yep......with the Bumper Crop of Specks the last few years have noticed folks are centering there efforts more towards Geese.

Well there's no ducks to hunt, we've been exclusively dry ground hunting specks for almost a decade now. It's way more fun than duck hunting anyways.
Posted By: BrandonClark

Re: Ducks - 01/24/24 10:21 PM

A bunch of wood ducks, 49 gwt, 36 mallards, 11 bwt, 10 mergansers, 5 gadwall, 7 ringnecks, 2 pintails, 1 wigeon, 1 speck, and 1 snow on the hunts I’ve been on so far this year. Slow year for us compared to usual. They tried to get me to go one day this week and I unfortunately declined and they spanked them good. We have wood ducks but all other duck numbers have been low Until the past week.
Posted By: Semo

Re: Ducks - 01/25/24 12:05 AM

I have had to work, but the last several days the places I hunt have been tearing them up. I hope to go again next monday and tueesday.
Posted By: Pwyse

Re: Ducks - 01/25/24 03:14 AM

Well there's no ducks to hunt, we've been exclusively dry ground hunting specks for almost a decade now. It's way more fun than duck hunting anyways.

I sound better on a speck call myself. Which ain’t saying much cause I’m worse than average on a duck call.

Where all do y’all hunt Grady?
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Ducks - 01/25/24 03:19 AM

And then there was ducks. I’m loaded as of right now at the farm
The problem they’re in the wide open and skittish.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Ducks - 01/25/24 03:36 AM

Work has kept me from some great shoots...Been invited multiple times here of recent where I got pulled to cover a clinic etc or couldn't get out and the guys smashed em. Pretty ticked off about it. They are smashing beaks in west Tenn in the past week or so
Posted By: Goatkiller

Re: Ducks - 01/25/24 08:34 PM

We are down a couple hundred birds on the season it's been another bad year and keeps getting a little worse. Bunch of birds now but season is about done... so.....

Over 20+ years we've shot all the ones that don't hang out on the edge of the ice IMO.

Re: Ducks - 01/25/24 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Goatkiller
We are down a couple hundred birds on the season it's been another bad year and keeps getting a little worse. Bunch of birds now but season is about done... so.....

Over 20+ years we've shot all the ones that don't hang out on the edge of the ice IMO.

PRESSURE......PRESSURE......Mother Nature ALWAYS INTERVENES.....as SHE SHOULD!! That's why I Duck hunt in Argentina......
Posted By: mw2015

Re: Ducks - 01/26/24 12:34 AM

Only hunted 2 days and 2 wood ducks. Hopefully able to go Saturday and Sunday. I was just happy to get to hunt again as it’s been 20 years since last duck. Forgot how much fun it was and how to call. rofl

Re: Ducks - 01/26/24 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Pwyse

I sound better on a speck call myself. Which ain’t saying much cause I’m worse than average on a duck call.

Where all do y’all hunt Grady?

Indianola MS
Posted By: Paint Rock 00

Re: Ducks - 01/27/24 01:03 AM

Indianola MS you hunting some of the Nobile farms.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM