Aldeer.com

Found a few.

Posted By: duxlayer

Found a few. - 12/08/19 02:57 AM

First limit of the year . Passed on a few more groups of ringers bc they taste like a dirty gym sock .
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bull64

Re: Found a few. - 12/08/19 03:55 AM

grin thumbup
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Found a few. - 12/08/19 04:14 AM

Dang that’s a load of ducks!
Posted By: Catfish28

Re: Found a few. - 12/08/19 12:51 PM

Amazing how the one green head always makes it front and center on a pile of gadwalls. Good stack. Don’t know if you guys pay attention to the wheeler counts but they are way up from recent years. Believe we’ve already scratched out more on our place than all season last year.
Posted By: 3shotscott

Re: Found a few. - 12/08/19 01:50 PM

👍

Re: Found a few. - 12/08/19 02:52 PM

There were definitely a wave of new ducks in the air . Worked a group of 7 gads 10 minutes and 12-15 passes before they dropped from way up there and we killed all of em . I was proud of that group of gads just because they are hard to make do anything
Posted By: Festus

Re: Found a few. - 12/08/19 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by duxlayer
There were definitely a wave of new ducks in the air . Worked a group of 7 gads 10 minutes and 12-15 passes before they dropped from way up there and we killed all of em . I was proud of that group of gads just because they are hard to make do anything

Yep.....Gadwalls and Pintails gonna do what they gonna do...
Posted By: Drake322

Re: Found a few. - 12/09/19 01:22 AM

thumbup
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: Found a few. - 12/09/19 01:41 AM

Drove back from Huntsville to Bham yesterday evening, and there were ducks flying everywhere when I crossed the river.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Found a few. - 12/09/19 05:11 AM

👍🏻👍🏻
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Found a few. - 12/09/19 02:39 PM

Lower delta (at least huntable areas) were lousy saturday. Some ducks on refuge but none flying during morning. Heard a handful of shots and that was it. As little shooting for a Saturday in December that I can remember.
Posted By: crockrj

Re: Found a few. - 12/09/19 03:22 PM

Congrats on a fine hunt, Duxlayer!
Posted By: RedneckNinji

Re: Found a few. - 12/10/19 02:43 PM

"Passed on a few more groups of ringers bc they taste like a dirty gym socks"

You obviously have no clue how to prepare a bird if you truly believe this statement. I hate cleaning ring necks bc there skin is so thick but they eat just as good as any waterfowl there is if prepared properly! Nice hunt, but i lose respect fast for people who talk down upon any game!
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Found a few. - 12/10/19 04:12 PM

Hell I got more respect for him for NOT shooting the ringers if he knew he wasn’t gonna eat them.
Posted By: Drake322

Re: Found a few. - 12/10/19 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by tbest3

Hell I got more respect for him for NOT shooting the ringers if he knew he wasn’t gonna eat them.

Yeup!!!!!
Posted By: fillmore

Re: Found a few. - 12/10/19 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by tbest3

Ditto.

Re: Found a few. - 12/10/19 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by RedneckNinji

You obviously have no clue how to prepare a bird if you truly believe this statement. I hate cleaning ring necks bc there skin is so thick but they eat just as good as any waterfowl there is if prepared properly! Nice hunt, but i lose respect fast for people who talk down upon any game!

I might kill more than a few birds each year , and I have ate fine dining in close to 35 states right here in the good ol USA. I also help cater food to some pretty high dollar clients have every year . I can and have killed and cooked waterfowl in every way imaginable . I just choose not to shoot ringers, ruddys, and bluebills bc I think they make poor table-fare . I don’t stop anyone I’m hunting with from shooting them though
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Found a few. - 12/10/19 08:55 PM

I might kill more than a few birds each year , and I have ate fine dining in close to 35 states right here in the good ol USA. I also help cater food to some pretty high dollar clients have every year . I can and have killed and cooked waterfowl in every way imaginable . I just choose not to shoot ringers, ruddys, and bluebills bc I think they make poor table-fare . I don’t stop anyone I’m hunting with from shooting them though

I hope you aren't serving those clients them dirty gym sock Busch Lights from the first pic! rofl The only difference I can tell in any duck is the size and texture of the meat, tastes the same if prepared the same. Nice pics! Id have to say I love cleaning and eating gadwalls! Ringers are harder to clean but I've found even mallards have a tougher textured breast meat. I like a gadwall breast over just about any duck. If we kill a load of gads and just a few mallards/woodies I will breast out the gads and pluck the mallards or woodies and clean them whole for the smoker. Smoked goose breast is probably in my top 3 meats in the world and a lot of people turn their nose up at them mention of goose.

You in a club or got private land?

Re: Found a few. - 12/11/19 02:50 AM

I can smell every one of those pictures lol

Re: Found a few. - 12/12/19 03:37 AM

Private land mostly farm ponds and swamps.

Re: Found a few. - 12/12/19 02:39 PM

Private land mostly farm ponds and swamps.

Yea i bet that corn bag from first pic really makes it easy on them private ponds! rofl if you ever need anybody to help thin them gads out shoot me a message!!!

Re: Found a few. - 12/12/19 03:16 PM

I don’t have to bait ducks to kill them . But since u pointed it out I did feed deer about 150 yards from the pond down in the woods . Ain’t got a single pic of gadwall or mallard on it yet . . Come Christmas week I’m gonna bang flop this one though .[Linked Image]
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: Found a few. - 12/13/19 02:46 AM

Nice hauls!

And I think the man is good for not shooting something he doesn’t want to eat
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: Found a few. - 12/13/19 03:20 AM

Best eating duck is the woody woodrow imo. The only one I won’t fool with are geese. I’m not sure if it was the way whoever prepared it cooked it or what, but next time someone offers me carp of the sky, Ill eat a dog turd instead

Re: Found a few. - 12/13/19 03:57 AM

Teal are at the top of my preference
Posted By: JayHook2

Re: Found a few. - 12/13/19 04:19 AM

Sky carp as in snow geese are one thing. Specklebelly is as good as it gets next to sandhill crane. Nothing wrong with Canadians unless they are real old and then they are pretty tough.
Posted By: Festus

Re: Found a few. - 12/14/19 07:51 PM

And folks actually PAY guides in the Florida Panhandle to take them to hunt Bluebills and Redheads that feed in the Bay....Nope...Notta'...ain't happening. I'd just a soon go Crow Huntin'.....A Crow would probably taste BETTER!!!
Posted By: Clark8907

Re: Found a few. - 12/18/19 03:32 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Man when I grow up I want to kill Turkey, deer, and duck like you. From reading your post since you first joined man I swear you have got to be the best hunter on this board period. Well at least brag and boast more than most.
Posted By: just_an_illusion

Re: Found a few. - 12/19/19 02:56 AM

That ol boy puts in the time and miles to kill all those ducks and turkeys too. He ain't bullshatn you about it, I've seen all the turkey fans on the wall of that garage. It's impressive.

Re: Found a few. - 12/19/19 10:59 PM

Not even close to the best but I do pay attention when the guys that are the best talk. I don’t try to brag until mr jimmy that killed 3 spikes and a Woodduck last year gives me advise .There are 20+ people just on this board I take notes from turkey huntin ,you being one of them Clarke.I feel like I can hold my own in the duck blind or deer woods though . I still wish I could pick a few of these stone cold killers brains one day before they kick the bucket .
© 2024 ALDEER.COM