Aldeer.com

Duck hole lease price?

Posted By: jb20

Duck hole lease price? - 09/30/19 12:13 AM

Got a few holes that I lease to in-laws and wondering if what I get is fair or if i need to change price...
Posted By: Festus

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 09/30/19 12:22 AM

Where are they??

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 09/30/19 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Festus
Where are they??

Etowah and Blount co
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 09/30/19 01:30 AM

Need a lot more info. But I’d say if they got mallards you could name your price and someone will pay it.
Posted By: RedneckNinji

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 09/30/19 12:40 PM

A LOT more info is needed. how many acres, land type, set up for planting and flooded or just ponds and swamps, how long have the holes been established, number or wintering birds per season and as mentioned above what species of ducks frequent the holes etc. Also I know there is a huge difference in listing a property for lease vs letting family/inlaws hunt it. Duck hunting has gotten out of hand as far as prices paid for leases though so in all reality also like mentioned above with the supply/demand you could charge a lot more per acre vs a deer lease and somebody out there would be willing to pay it!

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 09/30/19 01:45 PM

Mainly 2 big swamps with 3 or 4 holes in them flooded area would prob be 75-100 acres and the holes combined prob 7 acres I don't duck hunt so I really don't know how many birds migrate he usually kills 8-12 When he goes each time no clue what type birds tho
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 09/30/19 01:50 PM

Let’s hope he has a buddy when he goes

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 09/30/19 01:54 PM

Being family and all it is different I know so low end keeping family in mind I would say $700-$1000 a year but throw all of that out the window and say you were advertising for new leasers you could probably get as much as $4-$6,000 a year maybe more for the right person!
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 09/30/19 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by ozarktroutbum

True....

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 09/30/19 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Remington270

True....

He does

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 09/30/19 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by RedneckNinji
Being family and all it is different I know so low end keeping family in mind I would say $700-$1000 a year but throw all of that out the window and say you were advertising for new leasers you could probably get as much as $4-$6,000 a year maybe more for the right person!

Aight I'm getting 2 now so well stay there

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 09/30/19 02:41 PM

$2k is probably pretty good for 100 acres. Even if you could make a bigger buck you don’t know who is going to be running around on your land

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 09/30/19 03:46 PM

Yea I think $2k for family to kill some birds is a good deal and sounds like you aren’t having to really do any work so seems like a win for both sides really!
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 09/30/19 07:58 PM

People pay $4-6k for a duck lease in Alabama?

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 09/30/19 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by tbest3

People pay $4-6k for a duck lease in Alabama?

I know of one in North AL that is $4k a person, and several "clubs" that total well over $10k a season! Its big time money everywhere now and unfortunately when the doctors, lawyers and other rich folks continually pay those prices its drives them higher and higher, way to high for normal people like myself so I will fight the crowds on public land with the rest of the commonfolk!
Posted By: Festus

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 09/30/19 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by jb20

Enjoy goin' Duck Hunting a time or two....All I own is Upland Pine/Hardwood. I'll offer Offshore Fishing on My Boat or $$ to be able to hunt it a couple times.

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 09/30/19 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Festus
Originally Posted by jb20

Enjoy goin' Duck Hunting a time or two....All I own is Upland Pine/Hardwood. I'll offer Offshore Fishing on My Boat or $$ to be able to hunt it a couple times.

Well Festus if i wasn't accepting money from my in-laws to hunt it id invite u up but i wouldn't feel right having leased it out
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 10/17/19 06:52 PM

If you paying 10K for a duck hole in AL, the bait better refreshed every week and I want a full service bar and chef cooking my meals. Now that I think of it, you could warm up my Ranger every morning and feed my dog.
Posted By: Big Bore

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 10/18/19 01:00 AM

And belly dancers!

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 10/18/19 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by TickaTicka
If you paying 10K for a duck hole in AL, the bait better refreshed every week and I want a full service bar and chef cooking my meals. Now that I think of it, you could warm up my Ranger every morning and feed my dog.

These aren't "duck holes" these are clubs with anywhere from 5 to 15+ blinds and pits and about the same number of members, all kinds of feed planted on different fields and I'm sure a few do have somebody that cooks for them. Like I said it is big time money around the refuges. From the few times I've been fortunate enough to get to hunt some of these spots and from pics/videos I've seen, when its on these clubs and leases are as good as any hunting anywhere within 1000 miles.

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 10/18/19 04:24 PM

They might exist, but they're not many
Posted By: cartervj

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 10/20/19 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by TickaTicka

These aren't "duck holes" these are clubs with anywhere from 5 to 15+ blinds and pits and about the same number of members, all kinds of feed planted on different fields and I'm sure a few do have somebody that cooks for them. Like I said it is big time money around the refuges. From the few times I've been fortunate enough to get to hunt some of these spots and from pics/videos I've seen, when its on these clubs and leases are as good as any hunting anywhere within 1000 miles.

Truth
I’ve seen the pics.

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 10/22/19 02:10 PM

They might exist, but they're not many

Yes! but what I think everyone on this thread is misunderstanding is it's not $10k per member of these clubs but that the total lease dues for everyone combined is well over $10k, but you are right theres not many of them because most of the best land that could actually be a duck hunting club or just leased to a couple guys is just land that is owned by some rich guy and him and his family/friends are the only ones who hunt it. Theres a few clubs around the Jackson county refuges (probably 4-5) that i can think of maybe a couple more and one on the Marshall/Madison County line, then probably a couple around the wheeler refuge, so not a lot like you guessed but they are there and apparently worth the big bucks to some people because they keep on paying the money to hunt them year after year!
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Duck hole lease price? - 10/30/19 11:40 PM

I will never criticize what a man spends his money on....and that's all I'm gonna say.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM