Aldeer.com

mojo voodoo on a stick

Posted By: HHSyelper

mojo voodoo on a stick - 09/06/17 07:30 AM

I've read where the decoy seems to cause dove to drive/fly low. Has anyone tried putting it on a pole 15-20 feet up in the air?
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: mojo voodoo on a stick - 09/06/17 08:13 AM

I've put one on a pole about 6 foot tall so it could be seen over the standing sunflowers. They still dove in low. They're coming to land on the ground. What are you trying to get them to do come in to the deke and hover at 12ft?
Posted By: deerhunter_1

Re: mojo voodoo on a stick - 09/06/17 08:51 AM

I have mine on a pole about 10 feet high. Haven't really noticed a difference but I have seen them dive low to the decoys on the ground.
I have also seen them dive low without any decoys around. Last year opening day was crazy at the field I was hunting. Very crowded and it seemed most of the birds dropped down low and the crazies were shooting at them.

Re: mojo voodoo on a stick - 09/06/17 09:40 AM

Just wondering if it would get them lower in the sky, but not to low. This will be setup to try and help kids get better shots. I'm going to try and break my record from last year, 15 doves with 27 shots and 58 mins. Good luck to everyone shooting.
Posted By: Joe4majors

Re: mojo voodoo on a stick - 09/06/17 10:24 AM

The last youth hunt I went on they wouldn't allow decoys because the birds would come in too low.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: mojo voodoo on a stick - 09/06/17 11:42 AM

I out one 40-50 foot up in a dead tree last year. Fishing line and a baseball. Looked damn good
Posted By: Geno

Re: mojo voodoo on a stick - 09/06/17 11:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Beadlescomb
I out one 40-50 foot up in a dead tree last year. Fishing line and a baseball. Looked damn good

It did indeed.

Re: mojo voodoo on a stick - 09/06/17 01:50 PM

Beadlescomb, Did you notice it helping much. Just looking at ideas to help some kids get better shots.
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: mojo voodoo on a stick - 09/06/17 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: HHSyelper
Beadlescomb, Did you notice it helping much. Just looking at ideas to help some kids get better shots.

I won't answer for him, but if you have any birds to begin with and can find a dead tree and rig anything that looks like a dove into it, either stationary or a mojo, load the gun and get ready.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: mojo voodoo on a stick - 09/06/17 05:28 PM

I'm sold on the mojo dekes...put one on a fence next to my buddy and I and had em covering it up all afternoon
© 2024 ALDEER.COM