Aldeer.com

Pig Brig

Posted By: BIG HAIRY HUNTER

Pig Brig - 09/02/23 02:51 AM

Has anybody had any luck or have friends that have had any luck with these particular traps?
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Pig Brig - 09/02/23 12:27 PM

Yes lots here use and love them. I run Jager Pro traps and they are great as well
Posted By: billrv

Re: Pig Brig - 09/02/23 12:44 PM

Yes
Posted By: Macon176

Re: Pig Brig - 09/05/23 12:42 PM

They are great traps. The best part about them is you do not have to stay up all night waiting for the hogs to go in, and there are no mechanical parts to fail.
Posted By: Spec

Re: Pig Brig - 09/16/23 08:51 PM

Absolutely deadly. I knocked out our pig problem in about 4 months. Now it’s just the occasional group showing up 1-2 times a year and they don’t last long. Had a group of 5 show the other day and I’m about to go introduce them to brig next week.
Posted By: chevydude2015

Re: Pig Brig - 09/22/23 01:29 PM

The biggest key is being able to get to the trap quickly. If you live far away trapping is much more difficult. But you could say that for any trap.
Posted By: CAL

Re: Pig Brig - 10/05/23 01:15 AM

Yes, excellent trap. Two sets and 30 dead
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Pig Brig - 10/06/23 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by chevydude2015
The biggest key is being able to get to the trap quickly. If you live far away trapping is much more difficult. But you could say that for any trap.

This is what I like about Jager Pro. If someone is at the farm I can drop the gate if no one is there I choose to let th pigs feed and leave.
Posted By: JohnG

Re: Pig Brig - 10/17/23 11:10 AM

Customer of mine said Brunson Net in Foley is building the netting. $450 for the small and 650 for the larger. You buy the component package from Pig Bring and you can get into one for around thousand including t-posts.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Pig Brig - 10/17/23 06:27 PM

I need one on our lease in bullock. I got a sounder of about 10 including piglets that need to go.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Pig Brig - 10/23/23 03:13 AM

They are good traps. But, they do have flaws. By law, you have to check it each day. So, you have to put a texting camera on it or you have check it in person.
The pigs will chew out of the netting if you leave them in the trap too long.

I sell the Jager Pro trap and I still believe it to be the best trap on the market. But, I have only caught near 3,000 in my traps to date. LOL

Jager Pro has a model that runs just about the same price and it comes with a texting camera. It also qualifies under the cost/share rules.

The BS about staying up all night is just a sales pitch. I rarely catch pigs after 10 PM.

Another sales pitch is the BS about you don't have to have a texting camera. Yet, dang near every owner of a Pig Brig puts a texting camera on their trap.

I personally think our "Techno Trap" is far superior. I don't think I have ever seen a person buy a bass boat and not get a trolling motor and some kind of fish finder! LOL
Posted By: hamma

Re: Pig Brig - 10/24/23 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by ElkHunter
They are good traps. But, they do have flaws. By law, you have to check it each day. So, you have to put a texting camera on it or you have check it in person.

I sell the Jager Pro trap and I still believe it to be the best trap on the market. But, I have only caught near 3,000 in my traps to date. LOL

Jager Pro has a model that runs just about the same price and it comes with a texting camera. It also qualifies under the cost/share rules.

The BS about staying up all night is just a sales pitch. I rarely catch pigs after 10 PM.

Another sales pitch is the BS about you don't have to have a texting camera. Yet, dang near every owner of a Pig Brig puts a texting camera on their trap.

I personally think our "Techno Trap" is far superior. I don't think I have ever seen a person buy a bass boat and not get a trolling motor and some kind of fish finder! LOL

jager pro is a solid trap for sure however not everyone has 5k to drop on a hog trap.. there are other traps & gates very similar to what jager pro uses that work just as well for a fraction of the cost
Posted By: auburn17

Re: Pig Brig - 10/27/23 01:21 AM

I’m not familiar enough with the Jager Pro, but don’t you have to have a cell camera on it as well to know when to drop the gate?
Posted By: stoolshooter

Re: Pig Brig - 10/28/23 05:43 PM

I once had some land that was loaded with wild hogs. I could not see paying the price so i built my own. I made a frame that was 6' long and 3' high. I went to lowes and bought 1" EMT. and brazed it together with a few braces . I tied heavy hog wire around it. I made the gate 3' square to fit the front opening and hinged it at the top. It was held up by a rod that went back to the trigger.,and thru a 1/2" washer that was brazed on top of the gate I bought 2 gate latches for each trap and brazed them where they would line up when the gate fell. I soured corn in buckets (Just like pa pa when he made corn liker). That worked like a charm. I once had 7 shoats in one trap and a very large boar in the other. The boar bloodied himself up trying to brake out.
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Pig Brig - 11/17/23 03:42 AM

They do. Alabama law requires each trap to be checked daily. The camera satisfies that requirement. If you don't have a texting camera on your trap you have to go to the trap and check it!
Posted By: BC_Reb

Re: Pig Brig - 11/17/23 06:59 AM

Have both and prefer the brig. I’m not good with tech though, I’ve caught a pile in homemade traps with a stick propping up the door. Definitely not a pro though
Posted By: BC_Reb

Re: Pig Brig - 11/17/23 07:02 AM

I meant that I’m personally not a professional hog catcher
Posted By: CrappieMan

Re: Pig Brig - 11/26/23 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by JohnG
Customer of mine said Brunson Net in Foley is building the netting. $450 for the small and 650 for the larger. You buy the component package from Pig Bring and you can get into one for around thousand including t-posts.

I bought 2 from them and you can be in bussiness for less than $700 total. Traps are $450 each and everything else the hardware store has.
Posted By: 300gr

Re: Pig Brig - 01/23/24 01:27 AM

19 pigs on the 1st set
Posted By: jwal

Re: Pig Brig - 01/30/24 02:25 PM

A piece of old batting cage net and $200 worth of posts, straps, and wraps, and I had my own Pig Brig. I let my friends borrow it when needed. It has accounted for quite a few hogs. Catching, trapping, killing hogs is not a complicated task.
Posted By: Groundhawg

Re: Pig Brig - 01/30/24 07:26 PM

They do. Alabama law requires each trap to be checked daily. The camera satisfies that requirement. If you don't have a texting camera on your trap you have to go to the trap and check it!

Not trying to "trap" or sharp shoot you but can you supply the information on an Alabama law that requires hogs traps to be checked daily. I have found several places, including the USDA website that all state; "Hog traps SHOULD be checked daily."
Thanks.

Now I understand what should, should mean. If my Mom was to have told me, "You should go clean your room." It was the same as a law. smile
Posted By: 300gr

Re: Pig Brig - 01/31/24 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by jwal
A piece of old batting cage net and $200 worth of posts, straps, and wraps, and I had my own Pig Brig. I let my friends borrow it when needed. It has accounted for quite a few hogs. Catching, trapping, killing hogs is not a complicated task.

What did you bait it with
Posted By: jwal

Re: Pig Brig - 01/31/24 02:12 AM

Corn.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Pig Brig - 01/31/24 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Groundhawg

Not trying to "trap" or sharp shoot you but can you supply the information on an Alabama law that requires hogs traps to be checked daily. I have found several places, including the USDA website that all state; "Hog traps SHOULD be checked daily."
Thanks.

Now I understand what should, should mean. If my Mom was to have told me, "You should go clean your room." It was the same as a law. smile

It is trapping and falls under the trapping laws of AL and the law states every 24 hrs they have to be checked
Posted By: Groundhawg

Re: Pig Brig - 01/31/24 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by deadeye48

Thanks.

It is trapping and falls under the trapping laws of AL and the law states every 24 hrs they have to be checked

Got a rat trap in the basement that I guess I had better check.
Posted By: BayedUp

Re: Pig Brig - 01/31/24 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by deadeye48

Thanks.

But it doesn’t say in person.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM