Aldeer.com

They only destroyed 1 chufa patch

Posted By: Ben2

They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 06/25/23 03:42 AM

They started on chufa patch # 2 but luckily was able to catch them last night. 24 i(2 buckets full) in this catch which makes about 150 since we bought our jager pro.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DGAMBLER

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 06/25/23 04:03 AM

thumbup
Posted By: johnmcgowan

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 06/25/23 05:38 AM

Nice catch!
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 06/25/23 12:15 PM

Thats a great catch
Posted By: M48scout

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 06/25/23 01:35 PM

Wow
Posted By: Tree Dweller

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 06/25/23 07:10 PM

Hot Dang !
Posted By: OlTimer

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 06/25/23 07:38 PM

Very nice, sorry for the chufa patch.
Posted By: chevydude2015

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 06/26/23 01:56 AM

Chufa is unfortunately but also fortunately a great first indicator of hogs being present.
Posted By: twaldrop4

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 06/26/23 03:50 AM

Nice catch
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 06/26/23 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by twaldrop4
Nice catch
Posted By: k bush

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 06/27/23 03:53 PM

Just planted 1 small patch this weekend and I'm planning on moving electric fence over to it and another spot. Don't have a lot of hogs but every now and then a couple will come in off the creek bottom.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 06/27/23 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by k bush
Just planted 1 small patch this weekend and I'm planning on moving electric fence over to it and another spot. Don't have a lot of hogs but every now and then a couple will come in off the creek bottom.

This is how mine are they travel the river and set up shop a time or two a year. Catch em when they show up just cant get them before they dig up the entire plot when there are 20 or more most times. Hope that our last group for the summer.
Posted By: Fedex 1

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 06/30/23 04:00 PM

One happy little fella right there congrats
Posted By: k bush

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 07/05/23 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ben2

This is how mine are they travel the river and set up shop a time or two a year. Catch em when they show up just cant get them before they dig up the entire plot when there are 20 or more most times. Hope that our last group for the summer.

I'm going to try and keep a cell camera on them and as soon as I see hogs start running thermal on them until they are gone or dead.
Posted By: Highlander

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 07/08/23 12:37 AM

Nice catch right there for sure.
Posted By: TDog93

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 07/08/23 01:39 AM

Nice - hate em - so glad they not on me yet
Posted By: BC

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 07/10/23 06:24 PM

Kill em all.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 07/14/23 04:49 PM

I had a similar situation on a barbour county turkey lease. Once in a blue moon, a pig or two would show up on a camera. I planted 8 acres of chufa that summer, and was pumped up for the next turkey season. Showed up opening weekend of turkey season & all my chufa patches looked like a meteor strike, and there was hogs all over the place. That spring was the worst turkey season I ever had on that land. Didn't plant anymore chufas, the hogs disappeared again, and the next year there was a good number of gobbling birds again.

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 07/14/23 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Atoler

I had a similar situation on a barbour county turkey lease. Once in a blue moon, a pig or two would show up on a camera. I planted 8 acres of chufa that summer, and was pumped up for the next turkey season. Showed up opening weekend of turkey season & all my chufa patches looked like a meteor strike, and there was hogs all over the place. That spring was the worst turkey season I ever had on that land. Didn't plant anymore chufas, the hogs disappeared again, and the next year there was a good number of gobbling birds again.

The pasture behind JC? Man JC was chewed up with hogs, I killed 45 in two years on that club and wasn't even trying to! I guess that place will get overrun now because they kicked me out of it.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 07/14/23 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by BC

The pasture behind JC? Man JC was chewed up with hogs, I killed 45 in two years on that club and wasn't even trying to! I guess that place will get overrun now because they kicked me out of it.

No, it was my place over at mount Andrew, only about a mile from JC as the crow flies.

What happened with the club? I haven’t kept up with the Barbour county gossip, since I quit hunting down there a few years ago.

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 07/15/23 02:42 AM

What happened with the club? I haven’t kept up with the Barbour county gossip, since I quit hunting down there a few years ago.

I punched out a limit of good bucks a couple years in a row and a couple of the main players in the inner circle didn’t like it too much. All of a sudden I wasn’t a good fit for the club.

I’m sure all of their deer killing dreams will come true next season since I’m gone. 🙄
Posted By: murf205

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 10/09/23 06:04 PM

They started on chufa patch # 2 but luckily was able to catch them last night. 24 i(2 buckets full) in this catch which makes about 150 since we bought our jager pro.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Adios porky!
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 10/09/23 06:25 PM

NICE
Posted By: coachg34

Re: They only destroyed 1 chufa patch - 10/12/23 12:13 AM

Good job !
© 2024 ALDEER.COM