Aldeer.com

Too many hogs, need help!

Posted By: B712

Too many hogs, need help! - 07/29/18 11:23 PM

Looking for someone in the Evergreen area that can hunt and kill or run off hogs with dogs. They are distroying our property and need them GONE! We've killed several but just can't get ahead of them. We have a pin but the big ones won't go in it. It's so bad we can't even prepare our food plots for deer because the hogs are rooting up everything. Please call Jeff at eight50-9eight2-1eight46. Email is bush712@att.net but would prefer to discuss on the phone. Thanks

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 07/30/18 12:49 AM

We own land and have permission from adjacent property others to get rid of them. They have destroyed the farm drops around us. Anyone?
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 07/30/18 12:51 AM

Look at Alabama hog control. Owner is a member here. Wish I was closer. I love fresh pork.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 07/30/18 02:09 AM

Yep Barry will help kill them out.
Posted By: goodman_hunter

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 07/30/18 02:20 AM

I can't believe with all the folks that are always asking about hog hunts, and now this fella is looking for hunters. And no one is volunteering.

I'm assuming this is evergreen?
I'll talk to my people and see if they will ride that far. If it was a tad closer we'd be all over it.
About how much land all together is it?
Posted By: Cullman_bamahunt

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 07/30/18 02:29 AM

Pm sent
Posted By: cc28

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 07/30/18 04:59 AM

If it wasn't over 200 miles one way, I'd be all over that. I'm sure someone will jump on that opportunity.
Posted By: CAM

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 07/30/18 05:48 PM

Wish you were closer, good luck!! You should have all sorts of people willing to help with your problem. thumbup
Posted By: Clem

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 07/30/18 08:45 PM

1. you want them dead and removed or just dead?

2. daytime, nighttime or does it matter?
Posted By: sbo1971

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 07/31/18 01:23 AM

Wish you were closer.
Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 08/01/18 01:30 AM

Is this the evergreen south of Montgomery or the one west of prattville?
Posted By: Out back

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 08/01/18 02:14 AM

There's an evergreen west of Prattville?
Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 08/01/18 03:01 AM

I typed evergreen al in the url address line and one came up between prattville and Selma so I got excited he was an hr away. But then rembered the one on 65 between Montgomery and the coast. Looks somewhere in the BFE south Hwy 82 below Billingsley
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 08/01/18 01:22 PM

How much land do you have?

Dogs and shooters may temporarily help but you need to hire Barry (elkhunter) it is not simple, quick and may not even be possible to remove all the hogs. But trapping is the only way to remove them successfully and completely imo. But others hogs are likely to take their place over time.
Posted By: Lbeezy

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 08/01/18 03:46 PM

Wish I was closer!!!!
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 08/01/18 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by goodman_hunter
I can't believe with all the folks that are always asking about hog hunts, and now this fella is looking for hunters. And no one is volunteering.

The problem is, most of the folks that ask about places to shoot a hog just want to shoot "a hog or two". For a property owner that truly has a "hog problem", shooting "a hog or two" accomplishes nothing. If you're not taking them out in large numbers, you're probably just pissing into the wind.
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 08/01/18 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by GomerPyle

The problem is, most of the folks that ask about places to shoot a hog just want to shoot "a hog or two". For a property owner that truly has a "hog problem", shooting "a hog or two" accomplishes nothing. If you're not taking them out in large numbers, you're probably just pissing into the wind.

Well,if there are hogs to shoot I wouldn't mind hauling them away by the truckload. I just don't have a pack of dogs,so likely wouldn't be much help to the land owner,unless he has them staked out.

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 08/01/18 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Well,if there are hogs to shoot I wouldn't mind hauling them away by the truckload. I just don't have a pack of dogs,so likely wouldn't be much help to the land owner,unless he has them staked out.

Dogs are great for catching a large number of hogs.
But I've killed hundreds of them just stalk hunting in the warm months.
Move along the creek beds, and low land, moving upwind.
If there's a number of hogs you'll get on them.
They can't see or hear good at all, you just have to fool the nose.
Posted By: R_H_Clark

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 08/02/18 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Out back
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Dogs are great for catching a large number of hogs.
But I've killed hundreds of them just stalk hunting in the warm months.
Move along the creek beds, and low land, moving upwind.
If there's a number of hogs you'll get on them.
They can't see or hear good at all, you just have to fool the nose.

Lots of tracks on a big creek I was wading a couple days ago.

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 08/03/18 12:27 PM

To everyone that has posted, replied, or commented, thank you. We are located south of Montgomery in Conecuh County. We've had people respond to the ad and have spoken to several on the phone and now have a plan of what to do.

They've volunteer to come from as far as Cullman and as close as Flomaton just to help us out. Some said they would come as many times as necessary to reduce the population.

We know we will never completely get rid of them but it would be nice for me to be able to walk to my stand without the fear of walking up on a sow and piglets like I did last year during archery season and in the spring during turkey season. When that happens and all you have is a stick and string...you get kinda nervous.

Thanks again to everyone, Liz
Posted By: Cullman_bamahunt

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 08/03/18 06:59 PM

We re sitting on G waiting on O. y'all seem like good folks can't wait to meet y'all and get on some hogs!
Posted By: Clem

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 08/03/18 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by B712
To everyone that has posted, replied, or commented, thank you. We are located south of Montgomery in Conecuh County. We've had people respond to the ad and have spoken to several on the phone and now have a plan of what to do.

They've volunteer to come from as far as Cullman and as close as Flomaton just to help us out. Some said they would come as many times as necessary to reduce the population.

We know we will never completely get rid of them but it would be nice for me to be able to walk to my stand without the fear of walking up on a sow and piglets like I did last year during archery season and in the spring during turkey season. When that happens and all you have is a stick and string...you get kinda nervous.

Heck, I'd come stay in a local hotel for a few days just for the access and to rumble around.

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 08/03/18 07:33 PM

Evergreen has been the south's premier Hotspot for Sasquatch action in the last few years.
Ya'll run across anything strange down there, give me a holler.
Posted By: auburn17

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 08/06/18 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by B712

If anybody can’t make it, let me know. My brother in law has several AR’s with night &thermal vision and suppressors. I’m about an hour away
Posted By: Michael256

Re: Too many hogs, need help! - 10/16/18 05:14 AM

I have a suppressor AR, unemployed and lots of free time. No thermal though. Little bit far though.

If I had a thermal and a permit though, there's no way I could turn it down.

Also, you don't carry a pistol when bow hunting? I thought that was pretty standard, at least in my neck of the woods.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM