Aldeer.com

Hogs in Conecuh county ?

Posted By: mwe

Hogs in Conecuh county ? - 12/27/16 06:31 AM

A friend of mine is in a big lease up there -says there aren't any hogs there . The lease is 7200 acres and I find it hard to believe that there aren't any -?? Are there many hogs there ?

I'm thinking about joining the lease and I'm just curiuos .
Posted By: ElkHunter

Re: Hogs in Conecuh county ? - 12/27/16 10:47 AM

I haven't worked any in Conecuh County. I am sure there are hogs in the county but there might not be any on that piece of property.

Re: Hogs in Conecuh county ? - 12/27/16 01:24 PM

Thanks Barry .
I hunted up there once -don't remember seeing any water -creeks -sloughs and such so you're probably right . It's Alabama so they aren't far .
Posted By: gobblebox

Re: Hogs in Conecuh county ? - 12/28/16 01:17 PM

What part of Conecuh?Ive Hunted above Owassa my whole life and never seen a hog on our place but they have started showing up the past couple of years here and there,they just don't stay on us,there's some land across the road from us that has plenty of them though
Posted By: abamadude

Re: Hogs in Conecuh county ? - 12/28/16 05:23 PM

We have pigs in evergreen. They just started showing up on the creeks areas.

Re: Hogs in Conecuh county ? - 12/28/16 11:49 PM

Gobblebox ,

It's been a few years since I went hunting up there and when I'm not the one behind the wheel doing the driving I don't pay much attention . We were "just out there in the woods" grin.

I hope there aren't any there they really do run the deer off .
It's a lot more open type woods up there than it is down here in the jungle -hogs would get shot far more easily up there than down here . Shoot one down here and they won't come back for a long time -being so leary makes it hard to lower their numbers for sure .
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: Hogs in Conecuh county ? - 12/30/16 03:41 AM

Used to hunt on some property in Crenshaw County about 10 or so years ago...plenty of hogs there, then.
Posted By: jacannon

Re: Hogs in Conecuh county ? - 01/02/17 12:10 PM

Hogs showed up along murder creek swamp about 10 years ago. We killed a few and the timber company trapped some. After a few years they disappeared. Haven't seen any sign in years.
Posted By: SkinnertonOutlaw

Re: Hogs in Conecuh county ? - 01/21/17 06:21 AM

They are still around murder creek, at least in the Skinnerton area. We are thinking they were brought in by outa state hunters a few year back, now they spreading like wild fire. Now they have crossed highway 83 and made it down to our property. I've always had buddies that had hogs around their property around the river and I have always hoped I'd never have that problem, ohh well.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM